You don't have to be vegetarian to love these Meatless Monday recipes! Today we're sharing a roundup of our favorite filling and tasty meat-free meals. Your wallet will thank us!
Whether you're watching your waistline or your wallet, we've got a solution for you! Meatless Monday is a great way to stretch your grocery budget and eat healthier. These tasty meatless recipes will have you living on the veg!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
And don't worry! We promise no one will go hungry. These recipes might be meatless, but they're hearty, filling, delicious, and picky-eater approved. Are you ready to join the movement?!
MEATLESS MONDAY PASTA RECIPES
One of the best ways to fill your family up without meat is to cook up a big batch of pasta! Lucky for you, we've got options galore. Try one of these tasty Meatless Monday pasta dishes:
- Penne Pasta Bake – Leave out the meat, and you can throw together this easy, cheesy pasta bake for just pennies!
- Macaroni and Cheese – Load this homemade macaroni and cheese up with veggies instead of meat! Broccoli is the perfect add-in.
- Chicken(less) Alfredo – Skip the chicken and fill this Instant Pot Alfredo with tons of fresh veggies! Definitely toss in some mushrooms.
- Lasagna – Who says lasagna has to have meat?! Not us! This slow cooker lasagna is just as good without it.
- Spaghetti Marinara – Top the noddle of your choice with spaghetti sauce, add a little shredded cheese and some fresh roasted tomatoes, and you're golden! Mushrooms will really take it the distance if you want to add in a little something extra.
And just like that, you've already got more than a month's worth of Meatless Monday options! What, what?! Don't worry. We're not even close to finished yet!
MEATLESS PIZZA NIGHT IDEAS
Pizza, anyone?! We don't know anyone who'd complain about pizza night, and you don't need meat to make it happen! Try one of these veggie pizza ideas:
- Garden Veggie Pizza – Slice and dice up all that fresh produce before it goes bad and toss it on your pizza! Don't forget to add any leftover pesto you have on hand. YUM!
- Alfredo and Spinach – Whip up a quick batch of Alfredo sauce, spread it on generously, then top with garlic, shredded cheese, and spinach. Super good!
- Mexican Veggie Pizza – Spread a thin layer of refried beans on the crust, top with shredded cheese, salsa, corn, and tomatoes. Top with shredded cheese, lettuce, and avocado when you're done baking.
- French Bread Cheese Pizza – Have you tried our French bread pizza? It's a family favorite, and you don't have to include the meat!
- Zucchini Pizza Bites – Make Meatless Monday keto-friendly with these zucchini pizza bites!
Why not make the first Monday of the month pizza night?! That's one cure for the Monday blues!
MEATLESS MONDAY SOUPS & SALADS
Sign us up for all the one-dish meals, please! We love a good soup for SO many reasons, but the minimal cleanup might be numero uno. Try making one of these soups for your next Meatless Monday:
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup – We're obsessed with this broccoli cheddar soup for so many reasons! It's easy, quick, and incredibly delicious.
- Mason Jar Salads – Salads are a heck of a lot more fun when you serve them in mason jars! Add in some boiled eggs for extra protein.
- Creamy Potato Soup – This potato soup cooks in the crockpot, and meat is optional.
- Gnocchi Soup – Ready for a copycat recipe? This Olive Garden Gnocchi soup is so dang delicious, with or without the meat.
- Curried Sweet Potato Soup – This sweet potato soup is bursting with flavor, and it's incredibly filling! Check out the recipe on our sister site, Fun Cheap or Free.
Don't forget some bread to serve on the side! Our rustic bread is super easy and just as yummy. Grilled cheese sandwiches are always a hit on soup and salad night, too!
HEARTY & FILLING RICE AND POTATO DISHES
One of the cheapest, easiest ways to fill up your family is to include inexpensive carbs like rice or potatoes in your meal plan. Here are a few meatless options that even the pickiest eaters will like:
- Fried Rice – The eggs in fried rice will give you all the filling protein you need!
- Baked Potato Bar – Put your leftover baked potatoes to good use on Meatless Monday! Serve them with a cup of soup on the side, or load them up with broccoli and cheese.
- Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie – Newsflash: you don't need ground meat to make a delicious shepherd's pie! Try adding diced mushrooms for a meaty texture.
- Loaded Baked Potato Nachos – The meat is optional in this loaded baked potato nachos recipe.
- Red Beans & Rice – Rice + beans = the ultimate comfort food. And it's SUPER cheap and filling, so that's a win. Serve with some cornbread on the side.
Ready to turn Meatless Monday into a full-blown fiesta? Keep on reading!
MEATLESS MONDAY MEXICAN RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE
Meatless Monday and Mexican Monday can join forces with one of these easy meals ideas:
- Quesadillas – Want to know one of our favorite ways to stretch meat? Put it in quesadillas! And since we use so little anyway, no one even notices when it's missing on Meatless Monday. #YoureWelcome
- Nachos – Load up on veggies, and no one will even miss the meat.
- Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos – Have you tried our buffalo cauliflower recipe? It's great on tacos! These roasted Brussels sprouts make for a great veggie taco topping, too.
- Meatless Taco Soup – If you haven't tried this easy taco soup, you're in for a treat! Leave out the meat, top with avocado, and serve with tortilla chips.
- Veggie Burrito Bowl – Whip up some cilantro lime rice or Mexican rice, top with all the beans, cheese, and veggies you've got. Garnish with lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream, and chow down!
Pro Tip: Pick one Monday of the month to serve up a meatless Mexican dish, and it will take the guesswork out of your meal planning! This post alone has ideas to last throughout the year.
SERVE UP BREAKFAST FOR DINNER WITH THESE MEAT-FREE DISHES
Okay. Last but not least, let's talk about breakfast for dinner. After all, it's one of the easiest ways to make a meat-free meal everyone will love! Here are a few quick ideas:
- Mini Quiches – We love making these mini quiches with spinach and artichokes for a vegetarian take! Serve with fresh fruit and potatoes on the side.
- Sweet Potato Hash – You can leave out the meat in this sweet potato hash! It's perfect filling without it.
- Veggie Omelet – Round up all those garden herbs and veggies. You know what to do!
- Breakfast Burritos – We love a good breakfast burrito and you can literally put anything you have in it! Load it up with eggs, veggies, and cheese, and you won't even notice it's missing the meat. Plus, the tortillas really help to fill you up.
- Eggs and Mini German Pancakes – If you still haven't tried our easy mini German pancakes, here's your sign!
We'll never be mad about pancakes for dinner! Who's with us?!
DOES YOUR FAMILY CELEBRATE MEATLESS MONDAY?
There you have it, you guys! We just gave you enough Monday dinner ideas to last for months. The toughest decision you have to make now is which one to cook first!
Does your family cut out meat on Mondays? Leave a comment below and let us know!
Need a dessert to round out that Monday meal?
- This sopapilla cheesecake is one of the easiest things you'll ever make, but the flavor will knock your sombrero off!
- If you have a little extra time to spare, these ooey-gooey bars are well worth the effort.
- Who needs box mix when it's this easy to make a batch of homemade fudgy brownies?!
Lettuce know how it goes!