Look no further for a delicious, Mexican-inspired sweet treat. Our sopapilla cheesecake recipe is going to knock your sombrero off! Turn a few “boring” ingredients into your new favorite dessert with less than 10 minutes of prep time!
You've got your favorite steak fajita rice bowl and refried beans on the menu tonight and now you need a sweet treat to finish off the meal. You could make some chocolate chip cookies or chocolate cake, but those don't quite compliment the meal…
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Oh wait, we know what you should make! Our sopapilla cheesecake recipe is the bomb diggety and it goes great with all things Mexican (and German, French, American, a big ‘ol glass of milk…). If you've got some crescent rolls, cream cheese and a few other ingredients, then you'll be well on your way to making your new favorite dessert! Let's get to it, shall we?
A FEW NOTES
This sopapilla cheesecake recipe is a breeze to make! Here are a few tips that will have you chowing down on this sweet treat in no time:
- Crescent Roll Dough Sheet – You can use regular crescent rolls just fine, but the dough sheets will make your life so much easier! No worrying about pressing the perforations together to seal the crescent rolls.
- Use Softened Cream Cheese – Let your cream cheese sit out for about an hour to get soft enough. You can also microwave it little bits at a time until it's soft enough for your hand mixer to handle the rest of the work.
- Serve Warm – Sopapilla cheesecake is best served warm, but they have to be stored in the fridge. To reheat, microwave at 50% power in 5-10 second increments until they're to your likeness.
Pro Tip: If you're serving these to a group of people, allow it to cool completely in the refrigerator and cut them into sopapilla cheesecake bars. Then sit back and watch them magically disappear!
WORLD'S BEST SOPAPILLA CHEESECAKE RECIPE
Who's ready to get down to business and make this tasty treat, already?!
Sopapilla Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 cans crescent rolls, original or dough sheet
- 2 8-oz pkgs cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 stick butter
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread 1 can of crescent rolls into bottom of ungreased 9×13 dish, firmly pressing perforations to seal together.
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar and vanilla with a hand mixer until smooth and spread over crescent rolls.
- Unroll second can of rolls onto floured parchment paper and firmly press down perforations. Lay on top of cream cheese mixture and carefully peel the parchment paper away.
- Melt butter and pour on top of crescent rolls.
- Mix ½ cup sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool 30 minutes before cutting.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Holy guacamole, these sopapilla cheesecake bars are the best! Wrap them tightly and store in the fridge if you manage to have any leftover.
Try them out and let us know how much you love them in the comments! Just no hate mail about how you're addicted to them and can't stop eating them, because we can't help you there. 😉
Looking for more shelf cooking ideas?
- Get some great tips on how to store fruit to make it last longer!
- Keep these pantry staples in stock so you are always able to shelf cook!
- This copycat Red Robin bbq chicken wrap recipe is going to knock your socks off!
Fiesta all day!