Baby food can be so convenient when your baby will gobble it down. However, what do you do with that leftover baby food that they don't like or have outgrown? We've got some great ideas for you that will help you to keep from being wasteful with it!
Most people have a love/hate relationship with baby food. It's so incredibly easy when your baby loves the food and can't get enough of it! But what on earth do you do with that leftover baby food when baby has outgrown it or just doesn't like it?
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Well well, it's your lucky day! We've got some great out of the box ideas to take that leftover baby food from just taking up space in your pantry to hiding in some great recipes that your whole family will love. Keep on reading to find out more!
THE BEST WAYS TO USE UP LEFTOVER BABY FOOD
These ideas are going to rock your world! Plus, you'll be so happy that you have some leftover baby food that needs to be used up. And mama, you can just sit back and smile as you watch your family gobble up that food that has hidden fruit and veggies in it! 😉
HIDE THOSE FRUITS AND VEGGIES IN THEIR BREAKFAST
We call these breakfast, but you may call them lunch, dinner or snack… We won't judge! Just throw some leftover baby food in them and call it a day.
- Pancakes – Have leftover baby oatmeal? Make pancakes with it! Bonus points if you add some fruit baby food to it, too!
- Waffles – Add any fruit baby food that you have to make them extra tasty! Whip that batter up, let the waffle maker do all of the work, and call breakfast good.
- Muffins – Did you know that you can add leftover fruit or veggie baby food to muffins? They turn out so moist and delicious! Perfect for toddlers or any member of the family, really. You can also sub out part of your flour with baby oatmeal!
- Topping for Toast – Fruit baby food makes for the best toast topping! It's delicious for the whole family, including baby.
- Oatmeal – You can mix fruit or sweet veggies, such as sweet potatoes or carrots, to plain oatmeal to give it some extra flavor.
- Yogurt – If you have plain yogurt, add some leftover fruit baby food to give it some extra flavor. You can also do the same to plain, unsweetened applesauce!
- Cottage Cheese – Love cottage cheese, but you're out of your favorite fruit to mix with it? Try adding fruit baby food to it! It's still just as delicious and you don't have to worry about running to the store to get any fruit.
Aren't those just about the best ideas that you've ever heard? If you liked those, then you're going to love what we have in store for you next!
USE LEFTOVER BABY FOOD FOR DINNER
Ramp up your dinner game by sneaking veggie and meat purees into your meals! Your family will be none the wiser. Way to go, using up the most disliked leftover baby food!
- Mac and Cheese – You can add sweet potato or carrot baby food to the next batch of macaroni and cheese that you make! Yummm.
- Casseroles – Throw any leftover veggie purees to your next casserole that you make! It'll help to hide those not-so-appetizing veggies (we're talking to you, peas!) while also getting the great nutrients from them!
- Soup – You can make your soup extra creamy and protein-packed by adding those unfortunate meat purees to your next batch of soup! You can also add veggie purees to your soup if you need to eat them.
- Fruit Salad – You can also add any leftover fruit baby food to our favorite cool whip fruit salad! It'll just make it that much sweeter and delicious. We'll just call this a healthy side since it has dairy and fruit in it, mkay?
Is your mind blown yet? Now you have some of the best ideas for using up that leftover baby food without it going to waste! What's your favorite way to sneak it into something? Let us know in the comments!
Wanting more great ideas for leftovers?
- Learn our best tips to take you from hating your leftovers to loving them!
- Do you always think that leftovers just heat up weird? Maybe that's because you've been doing it wrong! We've got the best ways to reheat those leftovers like a pro.
- Tired of eating the same thing two nights in a row? Repurpose your leftovers into something new!
Now go use those leftovers!