Delicious, dreamy, and sweet! This cottage cheese fruit salad with cool whip is the perfect side dish (or healthy-ish dessert??)! Plus it's a crowd pleaser!
If you love a bowl of cottage cheese and fruit for a quick, healthy snack – you will love this! Get ready to take that yummy snack up a notch when you make this quick and easy cottage cheese fruit salad! You can throw it together in a snap! Plus, it's creamy, sweet, and flavorful, so it's pretty much a dessert salad which makes it perfect for picky kids, parties, and more! It's great in the summer for potlucks and fun in the spring and winter, too!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Try different fruits based on the season, or what cans you have in the pantry, and see which fruit and jello flavor combos you like best! This creamy fruit salad is so versatile and the family will be begging to snack on it all week long!
TIPS FOR MAKING COOL WHIP FRUIT SALAD
This easy fruit salad with cool whip… whew! That's quite the name! Maybe we'll just call it cottage cheese fruit salad… Is that any better? Ha! Anyway, the great thing about this salad is that you can use whatever fruit you have on hand. As well as other ingredients that you probably already have in your fridge and freezer!
- Use up your leftover fruits that are about ready to expire (and nobody is the wiser). Bananas, pineapple, peaches, berries, and more! Whatever ya got… It all works!
- You can also use frozen berries!!
- Did you know you can freeze cottage cheese? Well, guess what?? You can also use frozen and thawed cottage cheese in this recipe!
- We usually have a tub or two of cool whip on hand for easy recipes like this. You can also make your own!
HOW TO MAKE COTTAGE CHEESE FRUIT SALAD
This fruit salad with cool whip is SOOOO easy, you don't even really need to follow a recipe!
You'll obviously want to balance your fruit and cottage cheese to whatever ratio you desire…then add in some jello! And top it off by folding in your cool whip into the bowl.
We highly suggest draining any canned fruit before tossing it in so that your fruit salad remains creamy and dreamy, not soupy and gloopy!
Pro-Tip: If your kids don't love chunks of cottage cheese, go ahead and just blend it up before adding it to your fruit salad! This is a great trick if you're using thawed cottage cheese. Works like a charm. Now your fruit salad is smooth and creamy!
YOUR NEW FAVORITE SIDE/DESSERT
Now let's get on to this easy recipe, just remember that you can mix it up and measurements do not need to be exact in order to pull off this delicious snack… I mean… SALAD!
Easy Fruit Salad with Cool Whip
- 16 oz cottage cheese
- 3 oz sugar-free Jello (strawberry or raspberry)
- 8 oz Cool Whip (or homemade whipped cream)
- 2-3 cups fruit
- Drain, dice, and slice fruit to the desired size!
- Combine fruit, cottage cheese (blend the cottage cheese before adding if you want a more smooth consistency), and jello. Mix well.
- Fold in Cool Whip and chill!
Doesn't that sound like the easiest and most delicious fruit salad with cool whip recipe, ever?! What's your favorite combo to make? Let us know in the comments!
Looking for more great shelf cooking ideas?
- These frozen smoothie packs are a quick and easy breakfast idea!
- Start repurposing your leftovers to make them brand new.
- Looking to make your own soup from scratch? Build your own!
Enjoy your new fave healthy dessert! 😉