Delicious, dreamy and sweet! This Cottage Cheese Fruit Salad with cool whip is the perfect side dish (or healthy-ish dessert??)! Plus it’s a crowd pleaser!
If you love a bowl of cottage cheese and fruit for a quick, healthy snack – you will love this! Get ready to take that yummy snack up a notch when you make this quick and easy cottage cheese fruit salad! It’s quick and easy to throw together! Plus, it’s creamy, sweet and flavorful, so it’s pretty much a dessert salad which makes it perfect for picky kids, parties, and more! It’s great in the summer for potlucks and fun in the spring and winter, too!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Try different fruits based on the season, or what cans you have in the pantry, and see which fruit and jello flavor combos you like best! This creamy fruit salad is so versatile and the family will be begging to snack on it all week long!
TIPS FOR MAKING COOL WHIP FRUIT SALAD
This easy fruit salad with cool whip… whew! That’s quite the name! Maybe we’ll just call it cottage cheese fruit salad… Is that any better? Ha! Anyway, the great thing about this salad is that you can use whatever fruit you have on hand. As well as other ingredients that you probably already have in your fridge and freezer!
- Use up your leftover fruits that are about ready to expire (and nobody is the wiser). Bananas, pineapple, peaches, berries and more! Whatever ya got… It all works!
- You can also use frozen berries!!
- Did you know you can freeze cottage cheese? Well, guess what?? You can also use frozen and thawed cottage cheese in this recipe!
- We usually have a tub or two of cool whip on hand for easy recipes like this.
HOW TO MAKE COTTAGE CHEESE FRUIT SALAD
This fruit salad with cool whip is SOO easy, you don’t even really need to follow a recipe!
You’ll obviously want to balance your fruit and cottage cheese to whatever ratio you desire… add in some jello! And top it off by folding in your cool whip into the bowl.
We highly suggest draining and canned fruit before tossing it in so that your fruit salad remains creamy and dreamy, not soupy and gloopy!
Pro-Tip: If your kids don’t love chunks of cottage cheese, go ahead and just blend it up before adding it to your fruit salad! This is a great trick if you’re using thawed cottage cheese. Works like a charm. Now your fruit salad is smooth and creamy!
Now let’s get on to this easy recipe, just remember that you can mix it up and measurements do not need to be exact in order to pull off these delicious snack… I mean… SALAD!
Easy Fruit Salad with Cool Whip
- 1 container Cottage Cheese
- 1 packet Jello (Strawberry or Raspberry)
- 1 tub Cool Whip
- 2-3 cups Fruit
- Drain, dice and slice fruit to the desired size!
- Combine fruit, cottage cheese (blend the cottage cheese before adding if you want a more smooth consistency) and jello, mix well.
- Fold in Cool Whip and chill!
Doesn’t that sound like the easiest and most delicious fruit salad with cool whip recipe, ever?! What’s your favorite combo to make? Let us know in the comments!
Looking for more great shelf cooking ideas?