We bet you've got everything ready to go for the kid's Easter baskets, but what do you have planned for the big feast? Don't panic; if you're looking for delicious Easter dinner ideas, you've come to the right place. Here are our favorite Easter recipes, including main dishes, sides, and desserts!
We think Easter dinner is highly underrated. Don't get us wrong, we love Thanksgiving and Christmas, but we also happen to think this upcoming spring holiday deserves a little extra love. Who's with us?!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
We've rounded up Easter dinner recipe ideas GALORE, and we're going to share some of our family faves. Pick a few of these dishes, and you'll be ready to prepare a feast fit for royalty. Here we go!
EASTER DINNER IDEAS: 5 MAIN DISHES TO TRY
Turkey is for Thanksgiving, burgers for the 4th of July, but what meat should you serve at Easter? 🤔 Well, it's totally up to you! While we love our tried and true ham, we're all for starting new traditions. Here are a few main dishes we suggest:
- Slow Cooker Ham – There are about a billion ways to cook a ham, but our favorite method is using the slow cooker! Stop by our sister site, Fun Cheap or Free, to learn how to make the yummiest, juiciest ham you'll ever taste.
- Pork Chops – Not feeling ham? Try another variation of pork! These foolproof pork chops are SO juicy and tender, and you can customize them however you'd like.
- French Onion Chicken – If you're not big on the pig, that's A-okay! This French onion chicken feels fancy, so it's perfect for holidays. But we have some good news. It's SO easy to throw together! (Your secret's safe with us; don't worry.) Oh, and did we mention the cleanup is minimal?
- Meatloaf – Beef up your Easter dinner with this incredibly delicious meatloaf recipe. It tastes just like the kind grandma used to make. Yum!
- Turkey – Did you buy an extra turkey at Christmas? Bring that bad boy out of the freezer and cook him up for Easter! There's never a bad time for some turkey. Need tips for preparing your bird? Learn four methods for cooking a turkey.
Pro Tip: If you opt for turkey, don't you dare toss those leftovers! Save the bones for turkey stock and the meat to make one of these tasty leftover turkey recipes.
OUR FAVORITE EASTER DINNER SIDE DISHES
Need a few side ideas? Well, we've got options, GALORE! Try a few of these:
- Scalloped Potatoes – Anything with cheese is a win in our book, and these cheesy, creamy, scalloped potatoes from Fun Cheap or Free are a MAJOR win!
- Sweet Potato Casserole – Grab our favorite sweet potato casserole recipe!
- Asparagus – We think the flavors and colors of asparagus and ham make for a great combo.
- Brussels Sprouts – These roasted Brussels sprouts call for bacon. Need we say more?
- Mashed Potatoes – Try this simple mashed potatoes recipe (we've even got tips for using the leftovers).
- Deviled Eggs – Boil your eggs the night before to make prep a breeze!
- Strawberry Spinach Salad – Any salad will do, but we're obsessed with this strawberry spinach salad from Fun Cheap or Free.
- Green Beans – We like to boil ours with a little butter and some bacon.
- Rustic Bread – Need some carbs in your life? Our wildly popular rustic bread could not be easier!
- Roasted Carrots – We don't usually drool over veggies, but these roasted carrots are to-die-for.
- Corn – Serve corn on or off the cob, or go for a creamed version. Your choice!
- Macaroni & Cheese – Make your family's favorite version or try our very own yummy mac ‘n cheese recipe.
There ya go! A dozen decadent sides to choose from. And honestly? The options are endless! See what's in your pantry already and go from there. Now, who's ready for dessert?!
ROUND OUT YOUR MEAL WITH ONE OF THESE DESSERTS
We saved the best for the last, you guys! Let's whip up a sweet treat or two, shall we? Here are five desserts we recommend making for Easter dinner:
- Apple Crisp – This apple crisp cooks in the slow cooker, freeing up space in your oven, so that's a win! It also smells absolutely incredible while it's cooking, so there's that. Make a batch of our homemade vanilla ice cream to serve on top.
- Easter Cupcakes – These Easter cupcakes from Fun Cheap or Free will be a hit with the kids and the grownups. How stinking cute are they?!
- Peach Cobbler – Be a peach and whip up a batch of this easy cobbler. Don't forget the ice cream!
- Cheesecake Bites – We are SO obsessed with these no-bake cheesecake bites! Honestly, what's not to love?
- Chocolate Bundt Cake – We don't think anyone will complain if you make one of these Chocolate bundt cakes from Fun Cheap or Free. Spoiler alert: it's a doctored cake mix recipe. Easy, for the win!
And there you have it! Everything you need to prepare an impressive Easter dinner. Want a few snacks to serve before the meal? These quick and easy appetizers are perfect for holidays!
Now you're all set! Whether you opt for a traditional ham or decide to go for grandma's meatloaf, one thing is for sure… no one's leaving your table hungry this year!
What are your family's fun Easter traditions? Tell us in the comments or stop by our Shelf Cooking Facebook page and say hi!
Looking for more recipes that are perfect for a crowd?
- Try this crockpot lasagna. So delish!
- This slow cooker chili is like comfort in a pot! It's also freezer-friendly.
- We bet your whole family will love these steak fajita rice bowls!