Whether you're a seasoned veteran or this is your first time making this big holiday dinner, these Thanksgiving food ideas are here to help you stress less and save more!
Hosting, or even bringing a dish to Thanksgiving dinner, is a big honor… but man, can it be stressful! Make the most of this holiday meal with these deliciously easy and affordable Thanksgiving food ideas.
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
And to make your life easier, grab these free Thanksgiving planning printables from our sister site, Fun Cheap or Free! Stick with us and you'll be saving time, money, and eliminating stress all while enjoying incredible Thanksgiving food. You're welcome!
MAIN DISHES FOR THANKSGIVING
Whether you're a traditional gal, determined to stick to the tried and true Thanksgiving turkey, or you're ready to switch it up and start a tradition of your own, we've got you covered with one of these delicious main dishes!
- Turkey – This Thanksgiving food ideas list just wouldn't be complete without the star of the show, right? TURKEY! Learn everything about turkey this year from how to pick one to how to cook it in this post and take the stress out of the holiday.
- Ham – If ham is more your jam, grab your slow cooker and this slow-cooker ham recipe for a winning main dish! (Don't forget to check out this leftover ham post for after the big day so nothing goes to waste!)
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast – Not into ham or turkey? No problem! Try this crowd-pleasing slow-cooker pot roast recipe.
- Meatloaf – This meatloaf recipe is tested and approved and will be a hit at any Thanksgiving dinner!
No matter what you cook, these dishes will leave your guests full and happy!
SIDE DISH THANKSGIVING FOOD IDEAS
While the main dish may be the star of the show, no Thanksgiving dinner would be complete without these delicious supporting side dishes!
- Gravy – DUH! Try our incredible gravy recipe!
- Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip – This cranberry cream cheese dip is the perfect spin on a traditional Thanksgiving side! Serve it as a side or as an appetizer before the meal.
- Roasted Carrots – Oven-roasted carrots are the perfect affordable accompaniment for Thanksgiving dinner!
- Sweet Potato Casserole – Yeah, it's really, really good. Get the sweet potato casserole recipe here!
- Homemade Rolls – Is it even a party without rolls? Nah. These easy homemade rolls are so worth it. Plus, we have a delish honey butter recipe to go with them! Mmm hmmm.
- Salad – This homemade vinaigrette recipe has seven variations that taste AH-MA-ZING. Use a salad dressing shaker for easy pouring! Try this drool-worthy crouton recipe, too.
- Mashed Potatoes – Another side that's cheap to make for the masses! This easy mashed potato recipe is our go-to!
- Potato Nachos – Who wouldn't love this cheesy, potatoey goodness?! These potato nachos make a great Thanksgiving side dish!
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts – Don't knock 'em til you try 'em! These balsamic roasted Brussels sprouts are totally yummy!
Your Thanksgiving dinner will be a bonafide feast with these amazingly easy and delicious sides!
THANKSGIVING DESSERT IDEAS
Make this Thanksgiving sweet with these dessert ideas! Whether you're into pumpkin pie or cheesecake is more your thing, there's a dessert on this list for everyone!
- Sopapilla Cheesecake – The cinnamon flavors of this yummy sopapilla cheesecake recipe are perfect for Thanksgiving!
- Pumpkin Pie – This one kind of goes without saying, huh? Use our homemade pumpkin puree to save some dough!
- Ooey Gooey Bars – There is never a bad time to make these irresistible ooey gooey bars.
- Peach Cobbler – Still have some peaches leftover from summer? Make a Thanksgiving peach cobbler! Top it with some homemade ice cream to really make it next-level.
- Apple Crisp – This slow cooker apple crisp recipe is full of delicious fall flavors!
- Chocolate Bundt Cake – These chocolate bundt cakes from Fun Cheap or Free are incredible! Plus, they're made with doctored cake mix so they're a piece of cake to make! 😉
Bring one of these yummy desserts to Thanksgiving dinner and it'll be the hit of the holiday!
BONUS THANKSGIVING BREAKFAST IDEAS
Who wants to wait until Thanksgiving dinner to start the holiday festivities? Try some of these bonus Thanksgiving breakfast ideas for a great start to your morning!
- Pumpkin Muffins – Because, well, why not? These pumpkin muffins are a great way to start a Thanksgiving day!
- Pumpkin French Toast – This pumpkin French toast is a must-try! Top it with our easy maple syrup recipe.
- Spiced Oatmeal – Forget the boring oatmeal! Mix in two spoonfuls of canned pumpkin, cinnamon, and crushed pecans to crank the holiday spice up!
- Mini Egg Bites – Making breakfast for a crowd? These mini egg bites are the perfect handheld breakfast for a group!
But really… who doesn't love a good holiday breakfast?! We sure do. Whether you're responsible for the whole meal or just one menu item, these Thanksgiving food ideas are affordable, easy, and absolutely delish!
Do you have a favorite Thanksgiving food? Tell us what it is in the comments below!
Want more Thanksgiving goodness?
- Learn how to shop Thanksgiving food deals and save BIG this holiday!
- Check out these 20 quick and easy holiday appetizer ideas!
- This easy apple butter recipe will have you feeling fall in no time!
Happy Turkey Day!