Did you make a delicious ham dinner and now you have a whole lotta leftover ham you're not quite sure how to use? Try one of these leftover ham recipes to use up all that extra ham instead of throwing it out!
Mmm… We're still dreaming of our delicious holiday lunch with yummy ham. However, if you're anything like us, you get tired of eating plain ol' leftover ham every night. And if you're anything like us you absolutely HATE wasting. Anything. Ever.
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Lucky for you we got a little creative! Now you can repurpose your leftover ham to make sure you don't waste a single piece with these yummy recipe ideas! No more wondering what to do with leftover ham! But first, let's talk about how to store what you've got left…
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER HAM
Make sure to wrap your ham tightly and refrigerate quickly! You don't want to let it sit out for too long. If you're not going to use your ham within 4-6 days of cooking, wrap and freeze the ham!
You can easily divide ham into dinner-sized portions, add it to a freezer bag, and freeze it until you're ready to use it. Just thaw it in the fridge the night before you need it, and your ham will be ready to go into one of these leftover recipes in a jiffy!
WHAT TO DO WITH LEFTOVER HAM FOR BREAKFAST
In case you didn't know already, ham is the perfect protein to add to your favorite breakfast dishes. Here are a few recipes you might want to try!
- Egg Muffin Cups – Our delicious egg muffin cup recipe is so quick, easy, and versatile! You can easily sub in diced ham and they'll taste crazy good. These muffin cups are also a great make-ahead freezer breakfast idea!
- Ham, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Pizza – Here's an easy recipe from Delish if you have pizza dough on hand. If not, whip up a quick batch of pizza dough to pull this together. This would be the perfect breakfast for dinner!
- Ham and Eggs – Heat ham up and serve it with your favorite cooked eggs. The ham helps soak up egg yolk if you eat them fried. Or you can dice up your ham and throw it into your scrambled eggs while they cook!
- Breakfast Burrito – Take our simple breakfast burrito recipe and add some diced ham! It's so dang good and the whole family will love it.
- Mini Quiche – We love this easy 10-minute mini quiche recipe from our sister site, Fun Cheap or Free! You can easily throw some ham in it and have a quick and easy breakfast in no time.
- Ham and Cheese Hashbrown Waffles – Grab your waffle iron and make this easy and crazy delicious recipe from Damn Delicious! It makes for the perfect grab-and-go breakfast and the kids will go crazy over it!
- Ham and Cheese Quesadilla – Take our easy quesadilla recipe and make it for breakfast! Whip up some scrambled eggs and ham, throw them in a tortilla with cheese, and heat them up on the griddle. Quesadillas are awesome to prep, so make a bunch and freeze them for delicious make-ahead breakfasts!
Those all sound crazy good, right? We're just getting started on our favorite leftover ham recipes!
SNACKS, APPETIZERS, AND LUNCH IDEAS
Want some groundbreaking leftover ham recipe ideas? These show-stoppers deliver! We're even sharing one of our absolute favorite party staples of all time…
- Ham and Cheese Sliders – Why not add the best sandwich in the world from Lil' Luna to your menu this week? These sandwiches have the absolute best glaze, so you'll immediately understand why these are a popular choice around here!
- Ham and Pineapple Kabobs – These kabobs from Paleo Leap are genius and could be pulled off in so many different ways. Just be sure to soak the sticks first, drizzle the kabobs with teriyaki sauce (or brush with brown sugar), and grill until caramelized and heated through.
- Ham Cobb Salad – This is for all you salad people! Make your own Cobb using what you've got at home. We suggest any combo of lettuce, ham cubes, hard-boiled eggs, avocado, cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, and your favorite dressing. Super yum!
- Ham and Cheese Hoagies – This is one of our favorite leftover ham recipes! Grab some hoagies, slather in mayo or honey mustard, add ham and your choice of cheese (swiss is always a good choice!), and wrap in foil. Bake at 425°F for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has reached the melty, gooey perfection.
- Monte Cristo Casserole – Delish's Monte Cristo casserole recipe is really easy to throw together and perfect to feed a crowd!
- Ham Salad – This is crazy good! We've eaten it with crackers and on bread and it's delicious both ways. Use your food processor to chop the ham up super fine, and you'll be on your way to this delicious ham salad recipe from Tastes of Lizzy T in no time.
- Plain Jane Ham Sandwich – Yep, that's right. Keep it simple, folks! Take your favorite bread (white, rustic, rolls, croissants, etc.) and turn it into a sandwich using what you've got. It's extra good with some mayo and lettuce or spring mix!
So tasty, so delicious! Now on to our final favorite leftover ham recipes…
LEFTOVER HAM RECIPES FOR DINNER
Ham is one of those proteins that just pairs with pretty much anything — rice, pasta, potatoes, and bread! It seriously goes with everything. Check out the variety in these leftover ham recipes. We know you won't be bored using up all that ham!
- Ham and Potato Soup – We love a good potato soup recipe if you couldn't tell… (Hence why we have a crockpot potato soup recipe and a loaded potato soup recipe on Fun Cheap or Free!) It's one of those recipes that just gets better as leftovers. Use The Life Jolie's ham and potato soup recipe as a guide for using that leftover ham in a super delicious way!
- Scalloped Potatoes with Ham – We love this easy scalloped potatoes recipe from Fun Cheap or Free. Add in some leftover ham and you have a crazy delicious all-in-one meal! Just add your diced ham to the casserole dish when you add your potatoes in and it'll heat up wonderfully well.
- Ham Fried Rice – You can't go wrong with fried rice! It's such an easy and versatile dinner that you can throw together with whatever veggies you have on hand. Use that leftover ham with this easy fried rice recipe from Life Made Simple!
- One-Pot Ham and Penne Skillet – Okay, now we're talking! Fast, easy, and only one pot to clean up when the night is through. That's our kind of meal prep! Use this easy ham and penne recipe from Julie's Eats and Treats.
- Ham and Bean Soup – If you've got to use up leftover ham in the winter months, this is a quick and easy solution. Just throw all the ingredients from Plated Craving's recipe, including your leftover ham, into the crockpot and you'll have a nice warm soup to serve up come dinner time!
- Ham Noodle Casserole – Casseroles are big around here! They're just a natural people-pleasing comfort food This ham and noodle casserole recipe from The Kitchen is My Playground is super simple and crazy good.
- Ham and Swiss Stromboli – The Girl Who Ate Anything is bringing you an easy 5-ingredient recipe that's really easy to make. The whole family will love it, and you'll love how simple it is!
YUM! How much are you loving these leftover ham recipes?
No more wondering what to do with leftover ham for you! The hardest part will be figuring out which one you want to make. And please, for Heaven's sake, don't waste a single piece of that fabulous ham! 😉
What's your favorite way to eat leftover ham? Let us know in the comments below!
Looking for more great leftover ideas?
- We have a whole category over how to use leftovers that you should DEFINITELY check out!
- Use these leftover rotisserie chicken recipes the next time you find one on sale!
- Have leftover turkey rather than ham? Try out these quick and easy recipes to use that turkey up!
Go pig out!