Do you love cheesecake? Is that even a valid question? Prepare your tastebuds, because you're gonna LOVE these easy no-bake cheesecake bites! Get all the flavor of your favorite dessert recipe but without all the effort.
We can't even with these cheesecake bites, you guys! Look at the chocolatey crust! And no-bake? Seriously?! We're in love. So, what's the catch?
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
There isn't one! In fact, if we could, we'd reach right through the phone and give you a bite. But since we can't do that, we'll do the next best thing. Read on for this incredibly delicious no-bake cheesecake bites recipe!
DELICIOUS ADD-INS FOR OUR CHEESECAKE BITES RECIPE
You know that restaurant with the 50-page menu? Well, one of the reasons why their menu is SO long is because they have about 40 different flavor combinations of cheesecake! Why not get creative and make your own fun twists on these cheesecake bites? Here are some fun yummy add-ins to try:
- Reese's Pieces
- Peanut Butter/Butterscotch/Chocolate Chips
- Caramel Sauce
- Cookie Dough
- Sliced Strawberries
- Peanut Butter
- Pie Filling
If you have leftover candy from recent holidays, feel free to toss that in, too; when it comes to desserts, the more, the merrier!
NEED TO SUBSTITUTE AN INGREDIENT? TRY THESE CHEESECAKE SWAPS
The beautiful thing about learning how to shelf cook is that you can adapt recipes to use up whatever you have on hand! That means no more late-night runs to the grocery store. Here are a few recipe swaps to try the next time you make these no-bake cheesecake bites:
- Cookie Crumbs – If you don't have chocolate cookies, you can try peanut butter cookie crumbs (YUM!) or crushed graham crackers instead. You could even make a mixture! Another option? Use a batch of brownies as your crust!
- Confectioners' Sugar – Need a substitute for confectioners' sugar? Just make your own! Blend 1 cup of white sugar with 1 tsp of cornstarch and pulse until you have a powdery consistency.
- Heavy Cream – All out of heavy cream? Check out our post about cream substitutes!
- Cocoa Powder – In a pinch, you can use hot cocoa mix! You can also omit it altogether and opt for a caramel drizzle instead. We have a killer caramel recipe on our sister site, Fun Cheap or Free.
- Butter – No butter? Go ahead and use margarine, vegan butter, or ghee if you have it.
Now, you're all set! Before we share the recipe, let's talk about how you can use these cheesecake bites (assuming you don't gobble them all up at once… hey, we don't judge).
5 FUN WAYS TO ENJOY YOUR CHEESECAKE BITES
We could probably eat ALL the cheesecake bites in one sitting if you'd let us, but it's worth it save some for these delicious ideas:
- Ice Cream Sundae – Mini cheesecake bites are the perfect topping for a sundae! Try making our homemade vanilla ice cream to serve as the base.
- Copycat Blizzard – And speaking of ice cream, why not mix up a shake with chopped cheesecake bites?!
- Cookies – Chop these bites into smaller pieces and add them to your next batch of cookies.
- Caramel Apple Nachos – Slice and dice your cheesecake bites and make them a topping for a batch of caramel apple nachos.
- Give Them Away – Looking for the perfect teacher or neighbor gift? Wrap a few of these in a cute plastic bag, tie them with ribbon, attach a card, and you're done! By the way, we have free Teacher's Appreciation printables on Fun Cheap or Free!
We know you're ready for that recipe now, but we have to cover one more important thing! Let's talk about freezer/storage options. We'll be quick. Promise!
HOW TO STORE/FREEZE CHEESECAKE BITES
Okay, here's the good news. You can freeze cheesecake bites, and they'll last up to two months there. So, if you want to make-ahead an extra batch, go right ahead. Do you, boo!
To freeze those bites:
1.Wrap them in plastic, then place them in an airtight container.
2. When you're ready to eat, thaw them in the refrigerator overnight, then serve and enjoy.
If you don't freeze your cheesecake bites, you can keep them in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Just make sure to seal them tight, so they don't absorb any flavors or moisture! Got it? Cool! Now it's time for the moment you've been waiting for. Drumroll, please…
EASY NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE BITES RECIPE
Okay, we won't keep you waiting any longer! The time has come to learn how to make ah-mazing cheesecake bites in just minutes. Here we go, you guys!
No-Bake Cheesecake Bites
- 2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- ½ cup butter
- 1½ cups cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar (or icing sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp water
- Using parchment paper, cover the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Use a blender or food processor to pulse your cookie crumbs, then add them to a large bowl.
- Place the butter in a small bowl and melt it in the microwave for 30 seconds. If not melted fully, just stir. Pour the butter over the cookie crumbs and stir the mix until all ‘wet’.
- Take your baking dish, and pour the crumbs on the parchment paper all at once. Using the bottom of a glass, push the crumbs down to spread an even layer. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, put your cream cheese, vanilla extract, and half of the icing sugar. Using a stand mixer or hand mixer to whisk the cheese until creamy. Set aside.
- In another bowl, pour the heavy cream and the rest of the icing sugar, using a mixer, beat until you obtain firm peaks (tips of cream stand straight when you pull your whisk).
- Combine this mix of heavy cream into the bowl with the cream cheese. Using a rubber spatula, combine until fully incorporated. You can, if needed, whisk it, briefly, with the mixer.
- Pour this mix onto the crumbs. Spread evenly.
- Lastly, in a small bowl, pour the cocoa powder and combine it with the water. Mix until fully combined. Pour it on your cheesecake by making 4 straight lines lengthwise. Using a toothpick or the tip of a knife, swirl through the chocolate until it looks the way you want.
- Refrigerate your cheesecake for 4 to 6 hours before serving. Cut into small bites, serve, and enjoy.
Doesn't that sound incredible! We can't wait for you to try these!
Now that you know how to make your new favorite dessert, you'll be prepared for the next gathering or potluck. These cheesecake bites are perfect for sharing. (Don't worry, we won't judge you if you don't want to share!)
But enough about us. What's your favorite cheesecake? Drop us a comment and let us know!
Need a few more dessert ideas?
- Try this Sopapilla cheesecake!
- You'll love these ooey-gooey bars. Guarantee it!
- Give our favorite slow cooker apple crisp recipe a try. It's so easy!
Enjoy the treats, sweets!