Make your own homemade Egg McMuffin right at home – in bulk! These are amazing to make ahead and pull out for a hot breakfast on-the-go! Who is ready to try a freezer breakfast egg sandwich?
If you're a fan of the classic Egg McMuffin, these delicious sandwiches will make your day! Not only because of how delicious they are, but also because you'll save some major dough (and time) when you skip the drive through. Fresh or frozen, you're gonna love them… well, don't eat 'em frozen, warm 'em up first. But you know what I mean, right 😉
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
We get asked for easy make-ahead breakfast ideas all the time and these breakfast egg sandwiches are one of our favorites because they are so versatile. Check out what you need to make them! It's super easy!
It doesn't take many ingredients to put these yummy breakfast egg sandwiches together. The best part about them is how easy it is to shelf cook with what you've got!
- Bread – Feel free to use what you have! English muffins, croissants, rolls, bread, any carb will do.
- Cheese – Any type of cheese goes great on these! I like to use sliced cheese, but shredded works as well. Mix and match flavors for a variety of egg sandwiches.
- Meat – You can use Canadian bacon, sausage patties, bacon, or even lunch meat – super versatile and a great way to use up meat leftover from a yummy breakfast!
- Egg – Feel free to use whole eggs or egg whites.
- Seasoning – Get creative and try different seasonings out to see which you like the best!
HOW TO MAKE A BREAKFAST EGG SANDWICH
Assemble these breakfast egg sandwiches in no time! Start with your bread base. We're big fans of the multigrain english muffins. We get at least two 6-packs at a time and make 12 breakfast egg sandwiches at a time. Keep in mind this recipe is for a big batch!
Add the cheese.
Mix your eggs and seasonings really well and place them in a 9×13 pan or a small cookie sheet to bake! Once the eggs are done, let them cool and cut them into 12 equal pieces.
Healthy Tip: For low-fat breakfast egg sandwiches, reduce the number of eggs and use egg whites to make up the difference. We often use 6 eggs and 12 egg whites.
Pro Tip: Do not overcook your eggs! You'll want them to be just barely set. Keep in mind if you overcook them, they will be dry and gummy when you warm them up in the oven. After eggs are cool, use a mason jar lid to cut perfect circles to fit on your sandwich (leftover scraps can be used to make breakfast burritos)!
Add your choice of meat and top it off with the other half of your english muffin, croissant, or another slice of bread! Ta da!
THE EASIEST BREAKFAST EGG SANDWICH RECIPE
You ready for the easiest and most delicious make-ahead breakfast?
Freezer Breakfast Egg Sandwich
- 12 English muffins
- 12 eggs
- 12 slices cheese
- 12 slices Canadian bacon
- Seasoning to taste: paprika, salt, and pepper are our go-tos
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat eggs and mix with seasonings. Spray a 9×13 pan or cookie sheet with cooking spray. Pour eggs into the pan and bake for 20 minutes. Slice into 12 equal portions.
- Lay out the bottom half of your bread, place cheese, a portion of egg and meat on top and then top with the other half of your bread.
- For freezing, wrap sandwiches in foil and place in a ziploc freezer bag and store in the freezer. You can also store in the fridge for short-term.
- Transfer frozen breakfast sandwiches to the fridge the night before eating to thaw. When ready to eat, pop thawed breakfast sandwiches in the oven at 375°F for 20 minutes. If you forget to thaw, reheat in the oven for an extra 15 minutes (or defrost in the microwave). Enjoy warm.
See? Told ya it was easy!
HOW TO FREEZE AND REHEAT BREAKFAST EGG SANDWICHES
For easy baking, pull your breakfast egg sandwiches out of the freezer the night before and place them in the fridge to thaw. This will reduce cook time!
Don't worry though, if you forget to take them out the night before you can unwrap the foil on your sandwich and replace with a damp paper towel to thaw in the microwave before baking.
Enjoy and get excited about how easy this is going to make your mornings! Not to mention how much money you'll save when you skip the drive through. Let us know your favorite ingredients to use in your breakfast egg sandwich in the comments below!
Want more great breakfast ideas?
- These make ahead breakfasts help to make your mornings a breeze.
- Try out these crunchy French toast sticks for a fun twist on a classic.
- Overnight oats are easy to make and we've got 10 great flavors for you to try!
- Love Eggo waffles? Try your hand at making your own homemade waffles!
- These easy egg muffins are delicious and packed with protein.
- Freezer breakfast burritos are a great on-the-go meal.