Make your own homemade Egg McMuffin right at home – in bulk! These are amazing to make ahead and pull out for a hot breakfast on-the-go! Who is ready to try a freezer breakfast egg sandwich?
If you're a fan of the classic Egg McMuffin, these delicious sandwiches will make your day! Not only because of how delicious they are, but also because you'll save some major dough (and time) when you skip the drive-through.
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
We get asked for easy make-ahead breakfast ideas all the time, and these breakfast egg sandwiches are one of our favorites because they are so versatile. Check out what you need to make them! It's super easy and SO good!
BASIC EGG SANDWICH INGREDIENTS
It doesn't take many ingredients to put these yummy breakfast egg sandwiches together. The best part about them is how easy it is to shelf cook with what you've got!
- Bread – Feel free to use what you have! English muffins, croissants, rolls, bread, any bread will do.
- Cheese – Any type of cheese goes great on these! We like sliced cheese, but shredded works as well. Mix and match flavors for a variety of egg sandwiches.
- Meat – You can use Canadian bacon, sausage patties, bacon, or even lunch meat. They're super versatile and a great way to use up meat leftover from a yummy breakfast!
- Egg – Feel free to use whole eggs or egg whites.
- Seasoning – Get creative and try different seasonings out to see which you like the best!
Don't you love how easy and versatile they are so far?!
HOW TO MAKE BREAKFAST EGG SANDWICHES
Assemble these breakfast egg sandwiches in no time! Start with your bread base. We're big fans of the multigrain English muffins. We get at least two 6-packs at a time and make 12 breakfast egg sandwiches at a time. Keep in mind this recipe is for a big batch!
Healthy Tip: For low-fat breakfast egg sandwiches, reduce the number of eggs and use egg whites to make up the difference. Ex: use 6 whole eggs and 12 egg whites.
HOW TO FREEZE AND REHEAT BREAKFAST EGG SANDWICHES
When freezing, make sure your sandwich is wrapped up tight in aluminum foil and place in a freezer bag. In order to avoid freezer burn, get as much air out of your freezer bags as possible.
For easy baking, pull your breakfast egg sandwiches out of the freezer the night before and place them in the fridge to thaw. This will reduce cook time!
Don't worry though, if you forget to take them out the night before you can unwrap the foil on your sandwich and replace it with a damp paper towel to thaw in the microwave before baking.
THE EASIEST BREAKFAST EGG SANDWICH RECIPE
You ready for the easiest and most delicious make-ahead breakfast?
Freezer Breakfast Egg Sandwich
- 12 English muffins
- 12 eggs
- 12 slices cheese
- 12 slices Canadian bacon
- Seasoning to taste: paprika, salt, and pepper are our go-tos
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat eggs and mix with seasonings. Spray a 9×13 pan or cookie sheet with cooking spray. Pour eggs into the pan and bake for 20 minutes. Slice into 12 equal portions. *See Note
- Lay out the bottom half of your bread, place cheese, a portion of egg and meat on top and then top with the other half of your bread.
- For freezing, wrap sandwiches in foil and place in a ziploc freezer bag and store in the freezer. You can also store in the fridge for short-term.
- Transfer frozen breakfast sandwiches to the fridge the night before eating to thaw. When ready to eat, pop thawed breakfast sandwiches in the oven at 375°F for 20 minutes. If you forget to thaw, reheat in the oven for an extra 15 minutes (or defrost in the microwave). Enjoy warm.
See? Told ya it was easy!
Enjoy and get excited about how easy this is going to make your mornings! Not to mention how much money you'll save when you skip the drive-through. Let us know your favorite ingredients to use in your breakfast egg sandwich in the comments below!
Want more great breakfast ideas?
- These make-ahead breakfasts help to make your mornings a breeze.
- Try out these crunchy French toast sticks for a fun twist on a classic.
- Overnight oats are easy to make and we've got 10 great flavors for you to try!
- Love Eggo waffles? Try your hand at making your own homemade waffles!
- These easy egg muffins are delicious and packed with protein.
- Freezer breakfast burritos are a great on-the-go meal.
I really like this idea! My partner skips breakfast unless it is eggs, meat, potatoes, etc. It leads to a lot of impulse snack buys or hangry moments during morning errands. I REALLY don’t enjoy cooking/cleaning the kitchen in the morning. We would only be eating one or two at a time so I might try “baking” them in our small airfryer. If it works I can avoid heating up the whole oven, which I especially avoid in the summer.
Thank You! These little things make a world of difference.
Yes, these sandwiches are the best!!! You’ll have to let us know how the airfryer works for heating them up 🙂
These are easy and tasty