It's zucchini season, y'all! So many zucchini, so little time. Wondering how to use it all? We've got more than a dozen easy, delicious zucchini recipes to share!
One of the best parts about summer is all the fresh produce! But it's so easy to over-buy (or grow) those veggies, and then, what do you do? Storing your fruits and vegetables the right way will help them last a lot longer, but it also helps to have some good recipes in your back pocket.
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
That's where this post comes in! We've rounded up a few delicious zucchini-packed recipes we think you'll love, and there's something to suit every diet and palate. Ready to do this?!
MAIN DISH ZUCCHINI RECIPES TO TRY
Want to make zucchini the main event at your next family dinner? Try one of these simple recipes:
- Zucchini Boats – These zucchini boats are so stinking fun (and delicious)! Make them Italian-style or give them your own twist; we have seven options for you to try.
- Chicken & Zucchini Casserole – This hearty weeknight meal is super easy to throw together, and there's cheese! Yes, please. Grab our chicken and zucchini casserole recipe and give it a try.
- Spaghetti & Meatballs with Zoodles – You have to try our cheesy homemade meatballs and spaghetti sauce! They are SO good, and if you serve them on a bed of zucchini noodles, no one will ever complain about that heaping serving of veggies. Just grab a spiralizer and go to town.
- Pizza Bites – Instead of bagel bites, make zucchini rounds with all the pizza toppings! Just bake at 400°F for 8-10 minutes. So quick and easy!
- Garden Fritatta – Who loves breakfast for dinner? We do! Slice and dice your zucchini and toss it in a big egg scramble with fresh herbs, cheese, and any other ingredients you need to use.
- Veggie Quesadillas – Got cheese? Got some tortillas? Whip up a big batch of quesadillas and hide some zucchini and onions inside!
- Homemade Veggie Pizza – Use a storebought dough, whip up some tomato paste, and go to town adding veggies to that pizza!
Pro Tip: If you want a shortcut on pizza night, use the cheap storebought frozen pizzas! You can doctor them up with fresh ingredients, like herbs, meat, and yes, zucchini!
ZUCCHINI SIDE DISH RECIPES THE WHOLE FAM WILL LOVE
Sure, you can saute, roast, or fry that zucchini, but if you're here, we bet you're looking for new ideas. Lucky for you, we've got some! Here are some yummy ways to serve zucchini on the side:
- Grilled Veggie Kabobs – Fire up your grill and start skewering! Anything is more fun to eat on a stick, right?! We like to add tomatoes, onions, peppers, and mushrooms to our kabobs.
- Zucchini Tots – Try this healthier take on tater tots! Wash and remove the ends from three zucchini, then grab your grater and get to work. Drain your zucchini in a dish towel, then add to a mixing bowl, and combine with one egg, ¼ cup of cheese, ⅓ cup of breadcrumbs, and seasonings to taste. Scoop tot-sized portions of the mixture onto a greased baking sheet and cook at 400°F for about 17 minutes. SO yummy!
- Parmesan Zucchini Bites – Slice your zucchini into rounds, place on a baking sheet, then drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and top with shredded parmesan cheese. Bake at 450°F for 12-15 minutes, and get ready for a tasty dish! The cheese gets crispy, and you guys, it's just SO good.
- Zucchini Salad – Cut your zucchini into rounds, then saute for a few minutes. Place them in the refrigerator for an hour or two to cool, then go to town! Have cherry tomatoes? Use them! Combine with diced onions, olive oil, lemon juice, some feta cheese, and mix and serve chilled. You can really add just about anything to the mix!
Pro Tip: When you drain the liquid from your zucchini to make those tots, don't toss it! Freeze it. You can add it to soup for an extra dose of hidden vitamins. We won't tell!
SWEET TREATS MADE FROM ZUCCHINI
We're already drooling over here, and we haven't even talked about the desserts yet! Yep, that's right. There are desserts to discuss. You ready?
- Zucchini Brownies – If you've never had zucchini brownies, you are missing out! They add so much moisture to the batter, and the consistency is divine! Just follow the instructions on the box mix, adding in a handful of chocolate chips and about one cup of shredded zucchini.
- Zucchini Bread/Muffins – Ready for the easiest version of zucchini bread you've ever tried? Some might call this cheating, but we prefer to think of it as a shortcut! Grab a box of yellow cake mix, add ½ cup of oil, ¼ cup of milk, three eggs, and two cups of shredded zucchini. No one will ever guess you used a box mix!
- Hidden Veggie Pancakes – Here's a way to get your toddler or picky eaters to try some greens! Shred about ½ cup of zucchini and fold it into your pancake batter. Feel free to toss in some fruit, too!
- Blueberry Lemon Bread – Shred and drain about half a cup of zucchini and fold it into this blueberry lemon bread recipe. Nobody will even notice. And no, it won't turn your bread green!
Yummy, right? We'll take one of each, please.
WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE WAY TO COOK ZUCCHINI?
We hope these ideas help you use all your zucchini this summer. Don't let any of that green goodness go to waste! You're gonna love these recipes.
What's your favorite way to cook zucchini? Please share your favorite recipe in the comments!
Looking for more summer recipes to try?
- Here are 40+ summer dinner ideas, including desserts and sides.
- This no-bake strawberry cream pie is the perfect dessert for your next cookout!
- Grab some fresh peaches and whip up a batch of this easy peach cobbler. Don't forget a scoop of vanilla ice cream!