Show your littlest loves some major love with these ADORABLE Valentine's Day snacks! You'll have just as much fun making them as they'll have eating them. And if you sneak a bite or two, we don't blame you!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
We're about to share some of the cutest Valentine's Day snacks you'll ever see. And good news, you don't need to spend hours in the kitchen to make these happen. Your kids will LOVE these fun treats and you'll love how easy they are! Ready?
TRY ONE OF THESE SWEET TREATS
When we think of Valentine's Day, we immediately picture candy and sweets! So, if that's where your mind goes, too, let's think outside the box of chocolates for a minute! Make one of these treats for your kids and save a few for yourself:
- Peppermint Bark – You might call this peppermint bark a Christmas treat, but we think it's more versatile than that! Here's your chance to use up those leftover candy canes. Red + white = the colors of love.
- Birthday Cake Mix Cookies – We're big fans of boxed-mix baked goods around here! It's just so dang easy. Have you tried our birthday cake mix cookies? Top them with pink frosting, and they're Valentine's Day ready!
- Rice Krispies Treats – Who doesn't love this classic?! We all lived for these things as kids! Make them V-Day ready with a few drops of food coloring or some pink, red, or white M&Ms on top. So fun!
- Shortbread + Strawberry Jam – Make a quick batch of shortbread cookies (or buy some at the store, we won't judge). Top them with our famously easy strawberry freezer jam. Delish!
- Red Velvet Cookies – Follow all the rules from that birthday cake mix cookie recipe, but used boxed red velvet cake instead. Don't forget the vanilla frosting!
- V-Day Cake – Pick your favorite flavor! We suggest a vanilla cake with strawberry frosting, and you know we're all about the boxed mix. Amazon has plenty of fun cake pans to choose from!
Okay, after all the sugar, you might be looking for something healthier to balance things out! Don't you worry, we have ideas. Healthy snacking can be FUN. Check out these ideas, you guys!
HEALTHY VALENTINE'S DAY SNACKS
If you think you can't eat healthy and enjoy a fun holiday, then we're about to prove you wrong (in the best possible way)! These snacks are so much fun your kids will never notice they're healthy:
- Heart-Shaped Fruit Kabobs – Apples and bananas seem a lot more fun when they're shaped like hearts! And you know what's even more fun? Serving them on kabob stick! Layer with strawberries or watermelon for a little extra color.
- Red & White Bento Box – Gather up all your red and white food items (pink works, too) and make a tasty little bento box. Suggestions: heart-shaped sandwiches, sliced red peppers, cherry tomatoes, raspberries, rice cakes, mozzarella cheese, strawberries, or white rice. Get creative and use what you've got!
- Smoothies – Red? Pink? White? A combo? You're in charge! Making a festive smoothie is so easy! Go ahead and assemble your ingredients into a freezer bag smoothie and save them for Valentine's Day.
- Strawberry Yogurt Popsicles – Fill your popsicle molds with yogurt for a healthier take! Use pink if you have it.
- Give Your Fruit Googly Eyes – Take an ordinary orange from drab to fab with a marker and some stickers! Put heart-shaped eyes on the peel and draw on a mouth. Super easy!
See? Healthy snacks don't have to be complicated!
VALENTINE'S DAY BREAKFAST IDEAS
Breakfast isn't a snack, but it is the most important meal of the day! Start Valentine's Day off on the right foot with one of these fun dishes:
- Avocado Toast – What does green have to do with Valentine's Day?! Well, nothing! But with the help of a heart-shaped cookie cutter, you can turn avocado toast into a festive snack. Add some egg for extra protein!
- Waffles – Pick up a heart-shaped waffle iron and get ready to wow the fam!
- Heart-Shaped Egg Cups – All you need is heart-shaped baking cups to turn our easy egg muffins into some V-Day magic!
- Pancakes – We're obsessed with heart-shaped pancakes! Top them with strawberries, drizzle with chocolate, or give them “eyes.” You could try “x” and “o” shapes, too. No matter how you serve them, no one will complain about pancakes!
- Donut Holes – Check out the donut holes recipe on our sister site, Fun Cheap or Free! It's SO good! Make them feel festive with some frosting and sprinkles.
- Bacon Bouquets – Looking for the perfect centerpiece for your Valentine's Day brunch? We're sure your hubs will love this one, too. How stinking cute are these bacon rose bouquets from Delish?!
We know your kids will feel the love if you serve up one of these fun dishes on Valentine's Day morning! We're already swooning over here.
SHARE YOUR FAVORITE TRADITIONS
As you can see, you don't have to spend hours in the kitchen or tons of money to make Valentine's Day magical for the kids! Pick one of these recipes and start a new tradition. It's a great way to make memories!
Does your family have any fun Valentine's Day traditions? Spill the deets! Leave us a comment below or head over to our Shelf Cooking Facebook group.
Looking for more sweet treats?
- You HAVE to try these incredible ooey gooey bars!
- These pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are the easiest thing you'll make all week.
- Learn how to serve easy caramel apple slices and make apple nachos.
- Check out these adorbs Valentine's Day ideas at our sister site, Fun Cheap or Free!