Get a restaurant-quality meal without leaving the house! This copycat Red Robin BBQ chicken wrap is an easy way to have a delicious meal at home.
It's always nice to go out to eat! Who doesn't love to have someone who cooks and cleans for you and all you have to do is sit there and enjoy your family and your meal? That's what dreams are made of.
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
But the cost? That's what nightmares are made of. Seriously! How can it be so darn expensive to take your family out to eat?! If only there were a way to get a delicious restaurant-type meal at home… Oh wait, there is! This copycat Red Robin BBQ chicken wrap is the perfect way to eat a quality meal while saving a ton of money by eating at home.
INGREDIENTS FOR A BBQ CHICKEN WRAP
You can whip up a BBQ chicken wrap in no time! All it takes is a few ingredients (that you can switch out according to what you have) and you're good to go!
- Chicken – Any type of chopped or shredded chicken will work. This is a great way to use up any leftover chicken you may have!
- Tortillas – Any type will do! Use spinach if you want to be like Red Robin.
- Veggies – We typically add cucumber, tomato, corn, black beans, and lettuce. If you don't have all of those, feel free to swap them out with others you have on hand! We've also tried avocado, bell peppers, and jalapeños, and they've been delicious.
- Tortilla Strips – If you want your BBQ chicken wrap to be just like the Red Robin version, then these are a must! But don't feel like you need to run out to the store to grab some if you don't already have any.
- Shredded Cheese – Pretty much any shredded cheese you have will work! Cheddar, mixed, mozzarella… The sky's the limit!
- BBQ Sauce – You can use any brand that you have.
- Dressing – Cilantro avocado dressing is our family's favorite, but we've also used plain ‘ole ranch in a pinch and it was good.
We love how versatile and easy these are to make! You can either keep your recipe exactly how the Red Robin version is, or you can add in extra things to make it your own and use what you have. Whatever you decide to do, you're going to love them!
HOW TO MAKE YOUR NEW FAVORITE COPYCAT MEAL
This BBQ chicken wrap is such a breeze to put together! No, you're not at Red Robin where they're completely making your meal for you. But this is so easy, you won't even mind it!
If warm tortillas are your jam, then wrap them up in a damp paper towel (or a tortilla warmer) and heat them in in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. Then, take your tortilla and top it with your warmed chicken, veggies, and cheese. Remember, you want your tortilla to be able to turn into a wrap, so don't put too much filling in!
Finish them off with your favorite BBQ sauce and ranch dressing, then wrap them up. Serve immediately and watch how quickly they disappear!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THE WRAPS
These BBQ chicken wraps are so versatile, you can serve a variety of things with them! Here are a few of our favorite options:
- Side salad
- Fresh fruit
- Fruit salad
- Steak fries (if you truly want to feel like you're at Red Robin!)
Our favorite is the side salad and fresh fruit, but you really can't go wrong with any of those sides!
THE BEST BBQ CHICKEN WRAP RECIPE
Alright, let's get to the nitty gritty of this so you can get to chowin' down!
BBQ Chicken Wrap
- 1 lb cooked chicken, shredded or chopped
- 1 pkg tortillas
- Veggies, such as lettuce, corn, black beans, tomatoes, and cucumber
- Tortilla strips, optional
- Shredded cheese
- BBQ sauce
- Ranch dressing
- Heat your tortillas.
- Add chicken, veggies, tortilla strips, cheese, BBQ sauce, and dressing to the center of the tortilla.
- Wrap the tortilla around the filling and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Did you just have your little “ah-ha!” moment of just how easy these BBQ chicken wraps are?! 😉 You won't regret making these at home and saving that money.
What's your favorite copycat recipe to make at home? Share it with us in the comments below!
- Cook the perfect chicken breast for this recipe.
- Learn how to inventory the food in your kitchen.
- Organize your pantry and never waste food again!
- Get the deets on how to meal plan with what you have.
Go chow down!