Pull those leftover tortilla chips out of the pantry because you're going to need them. This black bean dip recipe is our latest obsession, and it could not be easier to make!
Whether you need to use up some tortilla chips, you're looking for an easy party recipe, or you just want to add some pizazz to the next Taco Tuesday, we think you'll love this recipe! Black bean dip is so cheap to make, so easy to throw together, and absolutely delicious.
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
We do need to warn you: once you start eating this dip, you might not be able to stop. Keep on reading for the epically easy recipe, plus tips to customize it, reuse it, and more.
HOW TO USE THIS DELICIOUS DIP
Besides the obvious, what are some ways to serve black bean dip? Well, we have a few ideas:
- On a Tostada – Use the dip as your base layer, then top with meat, cheese, and salsa. Quick and easy dinner, for the win.
- In a Burrito – Make a big batch of breakfast burritos or throw together your own burrito bowl. This dip is the perfect topping!
- Serve it as a Side – Instead of chips and guac, make this your side dish on taco night.
- Cheesy Black Bean Scramble – Scramble a big batch of eggs, mix in your favorite cheese, and then top with black bean dip and sour cream.
- Veggie Dip – Trying to eat healthily? Skip the chips and reach for veggies instead!
You could always just eat it by the spoonful, too. Whatever works! (Kidding. Maybe.) Okay, let's talk about recipe substitutes for a hot minute!
WAYS TO MOFIDY THIS BLACK BEAN DIP RECIPE
We're willing to bet you have most, if not all, of the ingredients you need to make this recipe. But just in case, here are some easy substitutions to try:
- Black Bean Substitute – If you don't have black beans, make it a brown bean dip and use pintos. No canned beans at all? Boil a batch of the dry kind.
- Salsa Substitute – Out of salsa? Grab our salsa recipe from Fun Cheap or Free or sub in some diced tomatoes.
- Greek Yogurt Substitute – No Greek yogurt? That's okay! Just sub in sour cream.
- Cumin Substitute – If you don't have any cumin in your spice rack, you can use taco seasoning in its place. And be sure to give our taco seasoning recipe a try, too!
See? It's super easy to customize this one, so there's no reason not to try it! And speaking of customizations, let's dream up a few add-ins that will take this recipe to the next level.
TRY THESE BLACK BEAN DIP ADD-INS
Maybe you have a surplus of cheese, or perhaps you just love hot sauce. Either way, who are we to judge? If you're wondering how you can switch up this recipe by adding ingredients you already have on hand, here are a few suggestions:
- Shredded Cheese – Add it to the top or mix it in. You choose!
- Jalapeños – Bring on the heat!
- Hot Sauce – In case those jalapenos aren't enough.
- Corn – Drain your can and mix it in by hand after you blend the rest of the ingredients.
- Extra Cilantro – Love it or hate it, take it or leave it! We like to sprinkle some on top for extra zhoozh.
- Lime Juice – Squeeze a little in for some extra zest.
- Garlic – When in doubt, add the garlic.
You can try sneaking in some veggies, too, if you'd like. Purees are one of the best ways to hide vegetables from picky eaters. Don't be afraid to add some fresh herbs, either.
THE WORLD'S EASIEST BLACK BEAN DIP RECIPE
Okay, the time has come! Let's make some black bean dip, you guys. This one is a crowd-pleaser, so be sure to make this dip the next time you're hosting a party.
5-Minute Black Bean Dip
- 15 oz canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup salsa
- ½ cup plain fat-free Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup diced cilantro (plus extra for garnish, if you'd like)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- salt, to taste
- Put all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Blend until desired consistency. Spoon into a serving bowl, garnish with cilantro (optional), serve with veggies and/or chips!
So stinking simple, right? And wait until you taste this dip. Delish!
The next time you need a crowd-pleasing snack in a hurry, reach for that can of beans and whip up a batch of this easy black bean dip recipe. We bet your guests will love it!
What's your favorite party dip recipe? Spill the beans! Leave us a comment below and spill the deets.
Looking for a few more easy appetizers to try?
- This pimiento cheese recipe is everything!
- Give this buffalo cauliflower a whirl. It's a way healthier version of your favorite wing recipe, and it's bursting with flavor!
- Here are 20+ quick and easy party appetizers we love.
Time for us to dip!