Breakfast just got a lot more fun with these quick and easy-to-make mini German pancakes! Throw them together in the blender and they’ll be ready to eat in 10 minutes. The perfect breakfast for a lazy weekend or busy morning!
Plain pancakes are always good, but sometimes you just want something different, something that you’ve never made before. You look in the fridge and pantry and see that you have the basics: eggs, milk, vanilla extract, flour and salt. What can you make out of that??
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
It’s time to try your hand at making mini German pancakes! They’re bite-sized perfection and you can literally top them with anything. The whole family will love them, you really can’t go wrong!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THESE FUN PANCAKES BITES
Homemade buttermilk syrup is our absolute favorite topping for these delicious little mini German pancakes! If that’s all that you have to eat with them, then you’re golden. But don’t be afraid to dress them up even more!
- Whipped Cream
- Bacon Crumbles
- Maple Syrup
The combinations are endless! Try them all out and see which ones your family loves the most.
YOUR NEW FAVORITE WAY TO MAKE GERMAN PANCAKES
Our family loves these way better than the German pancake in the pan. By using a mini muffin pan, each one turns out fluffier and has a little crusty edge. Plus, it’s the perfect shelf cooking recipe since you should basically always have the ingredients on hand. Extra bonus points? You mix it all up in a blender, so you don’t have to worry about having lots of dirty mixing bowls to clean. Oh yea, uh huh!
Mini German Pancakes
- 6 large Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup (5 oz) All-Purpose Flour (white or wheat)
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Let a mini muffin pan get hot in the oven for 10 minutes while you're making the batter.
- Add the eggs, milk and vanilla in a blender and blend on low speed until smooth, about 10-20 seconds.
- Add the flour and salt and blend until just combined.
- Remove hot pan from the oven and spray each cup thoroughly with cooking spray.
- Carefully pour batter into cups, about half full.
- Bake immediately for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Dump them out onto a clean kitchen towel while still warm and keep covered until you're ready to serve.
- Top with desired toppings.
They’re so good!
And yes, you have to use a backwards, dirty Christmas oven mitt to get the full effect. 😉 If you manage to have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge and pop them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds at a time to reheat.
Have you made these before? What are your favorite toppings? Let us know in the comments!
Looking for more great breakfast ideas?
- Love make-ahead breakfasts? These definitely won’t disappoint! They’re easy to throw together, freeze well and heat up quick on those busy mornings.
- Try out our favorite overnight oats + 10 flavor combos!
- Egg muffin cups make eating eggs on the go a breeze!
- Crunchy French toast sticks are your new favorite way to eat the classic.