If you've always made brownies from a box, you might be shocked to find out just how easy it is to whip up a batch of homemade brownies. Once you take the first bite of this fudge brownie recipe, you'll never go back!
If you've been searching for the perfect homemade brownie recipe, you can call it quits. You've found it! This recipe checks all the boxes. It's EASY (like 5-minutes of prep easy), it's oh-so fudgy and chocolatey, and it all comes together in one bowl.
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
These chocolate brownies are basically foolproof, but you'll feel so proud for making them from scratch. Trust us when we tell you that you NEED to try this recipe! You'll score major brownie points with the fam if you make these. We're giddy over here, so let's get to it!
MUST-TRY ADD-INS FOR THIS FUDGE BROWNIE RECIPE
If you've read any of our other recipe posts, then you know we're obsessed with finding ways to use up all the ingredients we have in our kitchen! From tossing in fruit before it goes bad to finding unique ingredient substitutions, nothing is off-limits. And when it comes to sweet treats, our motto is the more, the merrier. Try adding one of these to your next batch of homemade brownies:
- Leftover Candy
- Crushed Nuts
- Caramel Drizzle
- Peanut Butter
- White Chocolate Drizzle
- Butterscotch Chips
- Chocolate Frosting
If you decide to frost these brownies, here's a quick tip! Anytime you're using store-bought frosting, you can double it by whipping it in a bowl with an electric mixer. Not only does the frosting take on a dreamy, fluffy consistency, but it saves you a few calories (and bucks), too.
QUICK & EASY RECIPE MODIFICATIONS
We bet from the moment you saw that picture of these homemade brownies, you were dying to taste one. So, what should you do if you're missing an ingredient or two, but you need to make a batch like NOW? Well, try one of these ingredient substitutes:
- Brown Sugar Substitute – It feels like we always run out of brown sugar at the worst times, too! Check out this post for tons of brown sugar substitute ideas.
- Cocoa Powder Substitute – If you're all out of cocoa, but you have kids in the house, then we bet you have some chocolate milk powder hanging around. Try using that instead! Just cut back on the sugar.
- Egg Substitute – One of the best egg substitutes when baking is applesauce. We know it sounds weird, but it works! Just use 3/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce, plus 3 teaspoons of baking powder in place of the 3 eggs. Want to try a different egg substitute? We've got 10 more ideas!
- Chocolate Chip Substitute – If you're out of chocolate chips, try using white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or butterscotch chips for a different twist on traditional chocolate brownies.
- Vanilla Extract – It's definitely not a dealbreaker to omit the vanilla from the recipe, but you can make your own if you'd like! Grab our vanilla recipe here.
Now you're ready for anything! And we bet you're more than ready for a bite of these homemade brownies, so let's get to the recipe, shall we?
OUR FAVORITE FUDGE BROWNIE RECIPE
Fudgy brownies made in one bowl with just a few minutes of prep? Yes, please! These are so easy and so SO good. You don’t need to underbake these to get the fudgy texture you crave! The extra egg, melted butter, and lack of leavening give this brownie a thick, fudgy, rich texture, without the raw-flour taste undercooked brownies can have. Here we go, you guys!
Easy Fudge Brownie Recipe
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8×8 square baking pan with foil.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter and cocoa powder. Whisk until combined, then add in brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth. Stir in flour and salt until just incorporated, then mix in chocolate chips and other desired additions (nut, candy, etc.)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the toothpick comes out barely clean. They will continue to cook as they cool.
- Allow brownies to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Serve, and enjoy!
These brownies will keep for a week in an airtight container. Not that they will last that long! Make a batch of our homemade vanilla ice cream to serve with these warm chocolate brownies, and you will be in heaven!
And there you have it! The easiest, most delicious homemade brownie recipe you'll ever find. We're so excited for you to try these!
We'd love to know what you think, so be sure to leave a comment after making this recipe. And just for fun, let us know which you prefer: a corner piece or a middle piece?
Looking for a few more sweet treats to try?
- If you love these brownies, we know you'll love these ooey-gooey bars, too!
- These pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are so moist and delicious, and you only need three ingredients to make them!
- You will love the way your house smells when this slow cooker apple crisp is cooking.
Save us a corner piece!