Go-Go Balls are a Page family favorite recipe! They are a no-bake perfectly-portioned snack to have on hand, and so easy to throw together!
What the heck is a “Go-Go Ball”? Well, the story behind the name is our kids couldn't say “protein balls” when we first started making them. We told our kids they gave us energy to “go go go!” And thus, the kids started calling them “Go-Go Balls!” These are our nightly snack before bed now.
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Energy ball recipes are so fantastic because you can make a large batch and keep them in your fridge or freezer for a quick snack, pre-workout boost, coffee companion or late night go-to! They require few ingredients and very little equipment.
They include great healthy fats, complex carbs, and added protein for a well-rounded and portion-controlled bite.
The basic recipe includes peanut butter, honey, oats, protein powder, salt and mini chocolate chips. Umm, YUM!
There's no baking involved either! As you know, we are BIG fans of No Baking Recipes! You can store these in your fridge, although we personally love the texture of them when they are stored in the freezer. We enjoy them as a nighttime treat straight out of the freezer, like a little ball of cookie dough without the guilt or salmonella!
Substitutions for Creamy Peanut Butter:
- Crunchy peanut butter
- Almond butter
- Cashew butter
- Sunflower butter
Substitutions for Honey:
- Agave Necter
- Maple Syrup
Other add-in options:
- 3 Tbs. Hemp Hearts
- 3 Tbs. Ground Flax Seeds
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 Cup Chia Seeds
Go Go Balls: No-Bake Protein Balls
- 1 1/2 Cups Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1 1/3 Cup Old Fashioned Oats (Rolled Oats)
- 1/2 Cup Protein Powder (I like chocolate!)
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Add the creamy peanut butter, honey, rolled oats, protein powder, salt and mini chocolate chips to a mixing bowl.
- Use a spatula to combine.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to drop a rounded ball onto paper. Approximately 1 inch in diameter.
- Roll them with your hands to make into a perfect ball.
- Place them in the fridge until hardened.
- Store in fridge or freezer, according to your preference on texture!
I'm willing to bet you have most, if not ALL, of these ingredients in your pantry, so why not whip up a batch? Surprise your family with these Go Go Balls as a treat tonight! Little will they know what a healthy little dessert it really is! Your secret is safe with us 😉
We'd love to hear any other modifications our Shelf Cooking Community has tried with these energy balls too! Let us know in a comment!
Looking for more easy no-bake recipes? Look no further!
- A perfect Spring & Summer Dessert: No Bake Strawberry Cream Pie!
- Prepare to be obsessed with these No Bake Cheesecake Bites.
- Make the World's Easiest Appetizer – a No Bake Black Bean Dip!
Alright, let's roll! 😉