If you're looking for a quick, easy, and yummy meal to serve tonight, then your search is over! This Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo is a certified crowd-pleaser. You'll love that it's ready in 20-minutes, and your family will beg for seconds!
We'll never say no to a pasta dinner. It's cheap. It's easy. And it's perfect for serving a crowd. And when we find a set it and forget it version of our favorite Italian dish? Well, that's a win!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Keep on reading to learn how you can serve up the creamiest, yummiest chicken Alfredo in just 20 minutes. Your family will never know how easy this recipe is because it is SO, SO delicious! And don't worry; your secret is safe with us.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH INSTANT POT CHICKEN ALFREDO
Because pasta dinners are so versatile, they really go with just about anything! Have leftover veggies? Bread? Heat them up! If you're looking for the perfect side to serve with this chicken Alfredo, here are some ideas:
- Salad – Pasta dinners are begging for salads on the side. Make yours delicious with our homemade vinaigrette.
- Garlic Bread – Make a batch of our famous rustic bread, then top it with garlic and butter.
- Steamed Broccoli – Get those greens in whenever you can! Just steam or roast some fresh broccoli. You can serve it on the side or mixed in your pasta.
- Applesauce – Have picky eaters? You can never go wrong with applesauce! It's healthy and easy, just like we like it.
- Soup – Whip up a batch of vegetable soup to serve with your bread and pasta. You'll feel like you're out at a fancy Italian restaurant, but you'll spend a heck of a lot less!
- Asparagus – If you have fresh asparagus in your fridge, get it out! Roast in the oven with some olive oil and salt. Yum!
You can't go wrong with any of these sides, so use what you've got. #Shelfcooking for the win, you guys!
HOW TO MODIFY THIS INSTANT POT CHICKEN ALFREDO RECIPE
If you find your fridge or pantry is looking a little bare, don't panic! We bet you have all the ingredients you need to make this recipe work. If you're in a pinch, try one of these modifications:
- Chicken Broth Substitute – If you don't have any chicken broth, you've got options! You can sub in some turkey or veggie broth instead. You can also make your own bone broth if you have leftovers!
- Heavy Cream Substitute – No cream? No worries! Try making this cream substitute.
- Chicken Substitute – First off, here's a quick hack! We recommend making batches of shredded chicken in the instant pot and freezing them, so you always have some on hand. If you don't have any chicken, don't worry, though. You can use turkey, ham, or go meatless.
- Fettucine Substitute – Feel free to use any pasta you have! We love subbing in bow tie or penne. Angel hair works well, too!
See? Making recipe swaps is a breeze! There's no need to make an extra grocery run when you can use what you've got. Your wallet will thank you for being so resourceful!
CHICKEN ALFREDO ADD-INS
If you want to take this recipe up a notch, you know we have some ideas! Try one of these optional ingredients:
- Fresh Herbs – We like to add rosemary and thyme to ours, but try your favorites!
- Mushrooms – Slice up a few Baby Bellas or Portobellos, saute, then add to your Alfredo.
- Freshly Grated Parmesan – You can't have pasta without some parmesan on top, right?! Try freshly grated! It's SO much better than the processed kind.
- Spinach – Sneak in those veggies any way you can! The kids might not even notice.
- Peas – Pop open a can of peas or use fresh or frozen!
- Ham/Bacon – Pork + chicken is never a bad idea, so if you have leftover ham, go ahead and use it! You won't be sorry.
- Lemon Zest – Add a little contrast to this dish with some freshly grated lemon zest.
Now you're up to speed on all the ways to make this recipe your own. We bet you'll want to eat it all, but just in case you end up with leftovers, we want you to be prepared!
TIPS FOR STORING LEFTOVERS
Do you have leftovers? Lucky!! Here's what to know. Just store your chicken Alfredo in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to three days. To reheat, pop it in the microwave for a minute or two, then finish on the stovetop. Add a little water if you need to.
Want to freeze it? Let it cool, then store it in airtight freezer bags and use it within three months. PSA: dairy often curdles when frozen, so you'll need to stir frequently when reheating. Thaw overnight, then heat on the stovetop. To thicken the sauce, add a pinch of cornstarch. Too thick? Add a splash of water or milk.
You can also turn your leftovers into something totally new if you'd like! We have a few ideas for ya.
TURN YOUR LEFTOVER CHICKEN ALFREDO INTO SOMETHING NEW
Some people think leftovers are boring, but with a little creativity, we think they're fun! Here are some ways to make a new dish using your chicken Alfredo:
- Pizza – Pasta on pizza?! Bring on the carbs! Just grab some crust, slather with olive oil, then drop your leftovers on top and bake at 400°F for around 7-10 minutes.
- Pasta Bake – Throw your chicken Alfredo into a casserole dish, cover with foil, bake in the oven at 350°F for about 25 minutes, then uncover and add an extra layer of cheese. Bake for an additional 5 minutes until cheese starts to bubble.
- Quesadillas – Italian and Mexican are two of our favorite cuisines, so why not combine them?! Just fill your tortillas with the leftovers and pan fry on medium heat for a few minutes.
- Soup – Toss your leftovers in a pot, add some broth, a little additional cream, and simmer for over medium heat until warmed through. Cheesy goodness is on the way!
Now we want to make an extra batch of Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo just so we'll have some leftovers!
20-MINUTE INSTANT POT CHICKEN ALFREDO
Okay, we think we've kept you waiting long enough! Are you ready for this crazy easy, seriously addictive version of chicken Alfredo? The wait is over. Here we go!
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 12 oz Fettuccine
- 2 cups shredded chicken, cooked
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Chop the onion and crush garlic (or use store-bought crushed garlic), then set aside.
- Turn your Instant Pot on saute mode. Once hot, pour in the olive oil, onion, garlic. Saute until translucent and fragrant.
- Stop the instant pot, then add broth, heavy cream, Fettucine, and chicken.
- Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Mix in the cheese after opening the lid, or have each person add cheese to their plate. Enjoy!
Doesn't that sound incredible? Trust us, it is! Thanks to the trusty ‘ole Instant Pot, you can make a filling, hearty meal for the fam in no time. This chicken Alfredo recipe is just one example of how the magic happens!
We'd love to hear all about your favorite Instant Pot recipes! What do you like to make? Drop us a comment below or head over to our Shelf Cooking Facebook group to join the conversation.
Looking for more quick and easy recipes to try?
- Make a batch of this easy, creamy Italian chicken.
- This mashed potato recipe will become your new go-to.
- These slow cooker recipes will save your sanity on busy nights!
- Check out these 10 clever ways to use your Instant Pot!