Whether you're throwing the whole Christmas party or simply bringing a dish, we've got a huge list of the best Christmas food ideas for you to choose from! These foods aren't just delicious, they'll save you time, money, and stress, too!
Does the idea of spending too much time in the kitchen all day long on a holiday make you want to run for the hills? Yeah, that's how we feel too. No worries, friend. We've got a list of foods compiled for you so you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time with your friends and family!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Some of these Christmas food ideas are make-ahead, and some are slow cooker-friendly, but all are quick, easy, and cheap to help you stay on track this Christmas! Let's get to it!
CHRISTMAS FOODS FOR BREAKFAST
Looking for a delicious, yet easy, Christmas morning breakfast idea? You're in the right place! Here are some of our favorite go-to breakfast ideas for Christmas morning.
- French Toast Sticks – Start your Christmas morning off on a sweet note with these mouth-watering French toast sticks!
- Mini German Pancakes – These mini German pancakes are another great option for a crowd. Toss the ingredients in a blender and they're ready in ten!
- Homemade Pancakes – Want a traditional pancake instead? This pancake mix is the best ever and it's so easy to make ahead of time!
- Breakfast Casserole – This savory breakfast casserole is a great way to feed a group and it's super filling! Make it your own by switching up the add-ins!
- Mini Egg Bites – Need an easy grab-and-go breakfast on Christmas morning?! These mini egg bites fit the bill!
- Make-Ahead Breakfast Burritos – Make some of these freezer breakfast burritos ahead of time so you can skip the cooking and relax with the fam on Christmas morning!
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash – This savory sweet potato hash will make everyone feel gourmet! They don't have to know how easy it was. 😉
- Egg Sandwiches – Another great freezer breakfast; simply prep these egg sandwiches ahead of time and reheat them Christmas morning!
- Homemade Baked Donuts – These homemade baked donuts are super easy to make and definitely a crowd pleaser!
- Cinnamon Rolls – These homemade cinnamon rolls from Fun Cheap or Free are the best! Trust us, you cannot eat just one.
Whether you're cooking for the masses or just a few friends or family, these Christmas food ideas for breakfast are here for the win!
CHRISTMAS FOOD IDEAS FOR LUNCH
Nobody wants to spend their entire Christmas Day cooking over a hot stove while everyone else parties the day away. We've got a few great lunch ideas that will make your life easier and let you spend more time where it counts… with family!
- Homemade Pizza – Keep it classy with our simple French bread pizza or mix up some of our easy pizza crust and make it from scratch. If you're feeling festive, use a large Christmas tree cookie cutter to make mini Christmas tree pizzas!
- BBQ Chicken Sandwiches – These BBQ chicken sandwiches are ah-ma-zing and they're made in the slow cooker, so no hot stove required. Plus, it's a super affordable way to feed a crowd!
- Sliders – Make Christmas lunch easier by making slider sandwiches ahead of time. Try lunch meat on Hawaiian rolls for a meal everyone will love!
No matter what you make, make it easy on yourself!
DINNER CHRISTMAS FOODS
Whether you're a traditional Christmas foods gal, or you love a good mix-up, we've got Christmas dinner food ideas for you!
- Whole Traeger Chicken – This Traeger smoked chicken recipe is unbeatable! It's a great way to feed a crowd with minimal effort.
- Slow Cooker Ham – Are you a Christmas-ham-tradition kind of family? If so, you do not want to miss this brown sugar slow-cooked ham!
- Turkey – If turkey is your Christmas jam, we've got four great ways for you to cook that turkey!
- Slow Cooker Chili – Grab our easy slow cooker chili recipe and get to cooking! Leave it in the slow cooker so it stays warm. Spoon it on hot dogs, in bags of Fritos, or just eat it plain.
- Classic Meatloaf – A hearty, comfort food favorite, this meatloaf recipe is easy to prepare and a crowd favorite!
- Baked Meatballs – Maybe a little less traditional, these baked meatballs sure don't lack of flavor and pizzaz! Serve them over spaghetti for a yummy Christmas dinner.
If you're serving a crowd, or just a few close friends or family, these Christmas dinner foods will be a hit, we promise!
EASY AND DELICIOUS SIDE DISHES
Nothing says a Christmas meal like a full table spread with sides galore! Here are some of our favorites to make for the big day!
- Asparagus – Check out our four favorite ways to cook asparagus and include it in your Christmas dinner spread!
- Southern Potato Salad – You really can't go wrong with this southern potato salad recipe. It pairs especially well with ham!
- Roasted Carrots – These roasted carrots are cheap and basic, yet super tasty!
- Balsamic and Bacon Brussels Sprouts – You'll never look at Brussels sprouts the same way again after you try this recipe!
- Mashed Potatoes – We've got a great mashed potato recipe that's perfect for sharing with family and friends!
- Crock Pot Mac and Cheese – This crock pot mac and cheese is so easy and the perfect Christmas recipe to make ahead of time. Turn the slow cooker on warm and it will be ready when you need it!
- Sweet Potato Casserole – Mmm hmmmm. Sweet potato casserole with marshmallow topping… Yes, please!
- Homemade Rolls – These homemade rolls with honey butter are to die for!
Not only are these sides delicious, but they're also all easy to make and great for a tight budget! Nobody said you need to break the bank to make a Christmas meal.
CHRISTMAS DESSERT IDEAS
You can't have a Christmas gathering without dessert, right? Nah. We've got some of our best Christmas dessert ideas compiled right here for you!
- Sopapilla Cheesecake – This sopapilla cheesecake is irresistible! The warm cinnamon flavors really make it perfect for a chilly Christmas Day.
- No-Bake Strawberry Cream Pie – No room in the oven for dessert? Try this no-bake strawberry cream pie!
- Fudge Brownies – Can you ever go wrong with a good old fashioned brownie? No… the answer is no.
- Ooey Gooey Bars – These ooey gooey bars are absolutely ah-ma-zing! Try them topped with homemade ice cream!
- Peppermint Bark – Not only is this peppermint bark a tastebud pleaser, but it's beautiful to look at, too!
- Homemade Caramel – This homemade caramel is soooo good. Drizzle it on an ice cream sundae or use it as a dip for fresh fruit!
- Slow Cooker Apple Crisp – Yes, yes, yes! This slow cooker apple crisp is easy to make and sooooo good.
Is your mouth watering yet? Whichever Christmas food ideas you choose to make, we hope your family will love them as much as we do!
What are some of your favorite traditional Christmas foods? Share with us in the comments below!
Want more holiday fun?
- These fun and easy mug cake recipes are perfect for a cold winter night!
- Looking for a legit sugar cookie recipe? This one fits the bill!
- Need a cheap, homemade gift idea? Try this freezer jam. Your fam will love it!
Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas!