This crock pot mac and cheese recipe is so creamy and dreamy and delicious, your whole family is guaranteed to love it! Plus, it's a breeze to make and it's perfect for a party!
Could it get any easier than this crock pot mac and cheese recipe? Nah, we don't think so. Simply toss in your ingredients and let the slow cooker work its magic. (*Insert slow clap*)
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
This slow-cooked, cheesy goodness is the perfect addition to any dinner, get-together, party, or potluck! Leave the slow cooker on warm when it's done and it's ready to serve. Trust us, it'll be a hit.
EASY CROCK POT MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE SUBSTITUTIONS
Just like any good shelf cooking recipe, this crock pot mac and cheese recipe comes with plenty of swap options when you just don't have exactly what the recipe calls for!
- Pasta – Traditional macaroni and cheese is made with elbow macaroni noodles, but who says you have to make it traditional?! Use whatever pasta you have on hand, but the smaller the better!
- Cheese – Cheddar cheese, pepper jack, colby jack… Use what you have on hand! (Just be aware of the spice level of some cheeses before you serve it to kids.)
- Milk – This recipe calls for whole milk, but any milk will do in a pinch. You can even use half and half or heavy cream for a super rich mac and cheese.
Save time and money by not running to the store for every single ingredient. Dig into that pantry, girl, and use what you have to make it work!
OUR FAVORITE ADD-INS
Want to take your crock pot mac and cheese to the next level?! It's all about the add-ins, baby! Here are some of our favorites.
- Bacon – Of course bacon made the list! Crumble some fresh bacon up and toss it in or grab that jar of bacon bits. Check out this post and learn the best ways to cook bacon!
- Chives – Chives go great on top of a delicious bowl of mac and cheese.
- Diced Tomatoes – Cherry tomatoes, grape tomatoes, or Roma are best, but any will work!
- Jalapeños – Fresh or pickled!
- More Cheese – Grated cheddar, gouda, or any other cheese you can think of. Nothing like cheese on top of cheese, right?
- Fried Onions – You know, those things that go on green bean casserole that you can't help but eat straight from the jar? Yeah… those!
- Bread Crumbs – Make your own bread crumbs or use crumbled crackers!
- Ground Beef – Or any other meat! Leftover pulled pork is great in mac and cheese.
- Hot Sauce – Try tobacco or Louisiana hot sauce for a fun grown-up twist!
Toss in your choice of add-ins when the mac and cheese is done or set up a mac and cheese bar and let each person choose their own!
HOW TO FREEZE CROCK POT MAC AND CHEESE
If you want to freeze your leftover mac and cheese for later (and you totally should!) you need to let it cool completely first. Then, divide into single servings in freezer-safe containers or baggies. Pop those babies in the freezer where they'll keep for up to three months.
When you're ready to eat, thaw in the fridge overnight or defrost in the microwave. Reheating mac and cheese can cause it to dry out, so whether you're warming it on the stove or in the microwave, add some milk until it's a desirable consistency.
AN EASY RECIPE FOR THE MASSES
The whole family will love this crock pot mac and cheese recipe. Plus, it's cheap and easy, which makes it great for your next potluck!
Crock Pot Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 16 ounces cooked pasta
- 2 12-ounce cans evaporated milk
- 3 cups whole milk
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 5 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash paprika
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Mix together cooked macaroni, evaporated milk, whole milk, butter, salt, pepper, eggs, and all but 1 cup of grated cheese in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the reserved cheese over the top of the mixture and then sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 3 hours and 15 minutes.
- Turn off slow cooker, stir the mixture, and serve hot.
Sounds incredible, right?! If you're making this for a party, then turn your slow cooker to warm so the mac and cheese will stay nice and gooey.
Try this crock pot mac and cheese recipe today, and let us know what you think in the comments below!
Looking for even more yummy recipes?
- Love make-ahead breakfasts? These definitely won't disappoint!
- We have over 40 quick and easy dinner ideas for any night of the week!
- Here's the only brownie recipe you'll ever need!
Have a gouda day!