Needing the luck o' the Irish to make St Patrick's Day fun without burning out? We've got over 20 easy St. Patrick's Day recipes and ideas that will be the lucky charm for both parents and kiddos this holiday!
Raise of hands, who feels like they just barely recovered from the winter and all the holiday madness?
Mama, if you are tired we FEEL you! We know all about the pressure that comes with each holiday to make all the magic happen (phew!). We also know that the last thing you want to do is put together an elaborate leprechaun trap or spend hours creating a gourmet Irish dinner.
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Let us be the first to tell you that if you need to take it down a notch, that's ok! Not only is it ok, it can be healthy for the whole family. But simplifying doesn't mean things have to be boring! We've got a great list of recipes and fun ideas to make your St. Patty's Day special without going crazy. Looks like your good luck is kicking in already!
Simple St. Patrick's Day Recipes For Breakfast
Say “Top o' the Mornin!” with these easy St. Patrick's Day breakfast ideas:
- Green pancakes with rainbow sprinkles – Pancakes are easy to make and can even be made in advance! Either whip up the batter the night before or make the pancakes when you have a little extra time and pop them in the freezer. They can be easily reheated in the toaster when you're ready. To make it fun, add green food coloring or even blend your batter with some fresh spinach! The kids will hardly even notice the difference. Add a dollop of whipped cream and some rainbow sprinkles and you've created a magical breakfast with almost no extra effort.
- Green smoothie bowls – These smoothie bowl ideas are just the magic you're looking for. Add in spinach or avocado to any of the recipes and you've got a healthy and festive breakfast in no time! You can even prep in advance with these frozen smoothie packs to make the morning easy peasy. Lucky you!
- Shamrock eggs – We like this adorable recipe from Moscato Mom for eggs fried inside a green bell pepper ring to give it a shamrock shape. Almost the same amount of effort as a regular fried egg, but more fun!
- Avocado toast – Easy, nutritious, and GREEN! These avocado toast recipes are perfect for a leprechaun looking for a balanced and tasty breakfast.
- Green scrambled eggs – Much like the green pancakes above, making green scrambled eggs is super easy! Crack your eggs into a bowl, add a few drops of green food dye, whisk it up and cook them as your normally would. If food dye isn't your thing, chop some fresh spinach instead, or sprinkle the top with chopped fresh chives. Yum!
Easy St. Patrick's Day Recipes For Dinner
Traditional food is often the glue that brings people together during holidays. These dinner ideas are perfect for gathering the family, while being easy enough to make it so that you can enjoy the holiday too!
- Corned Beef – When people think St. Patrick's Day dinner, most think corned beef. For some this is a staple, but for others it might be totally new! If you've never tried it, we highly recommend it! It is surprisingly easy to make a delicious corned beef roast! (Plus, corned beef is less expensive than a traditional beef roast.) The secret is placing the roast in the slow cooker on low with about 3/4 cup of water the night before! Yep, you read that right, a full 24 hour cook low and slow, leading to tender and flavorful meat.
- Shepherd's Pie – If you're looking for other dishes from the Emerald Isle, this dinner is just the ticket. We've got a killer shepherd's pie recipe that you'll love!
- Beef Stew – We know the Irish love their meat and potatoes, so what's better than an easy beef stew to celebrate the holiday? This recipe from The Cozy Cook comes together in your slow cooker for a hearty dinner.
- Green Mac and Cheese – Looking for a meatless main dish option? This green mac and cheese is so fun and festive your kids probably won't notice all the veggies packed inside!
Perfect Sides For St Patrick's Day
Sometimes, side dishes are the best part of a meal, don't you think? We think these playful but still simple St Patrick's Day recipes will really make your holiday feel special!
- Rainbow Fruit Kabobs – Whether as a snack or part of a meal, fruit skewers in the colors of the rainbow are sure to be a hit! If organizing fruit on a skewer sounds a little too ambitious this year, a rainbow fruit salad in a bowl is totally fun, too!
- Green Goddess Salad – If it's St. Patrick's Day, that means we can't get enough green! This viral recipe for Green Goddess Salad is full of all the green ingredients you can imagine…plus it's tasty, too!
- Cabbage – Oh yeah, we're going there! Cabbage is a humble veggie that sometimes gets overlooked, but this St Patrick's Day staple can actually be super yummy! Chop it and boil it until tender, then drain and add butter, salt, and pepper. Or, slice it and roast it with olive oil and your favorite seasonings. You could even chop it and sauté it in butter with chopped bacon! So many options and all of them delicious!
- Irish Soda Bread – This traditional bread is a perfect side dish and comes together with only a few simple ingredients. No kneading or rising time required!
- Potatoes – Meat and potatoes go together like peanut butter and jelly! If you're serving up a corned beef roast, you'll definitely want some potatoes to go along with it. Check out our post about different ways to use potatoes, as well as some hacks for freezing and using later on!
- Leprechaun Lemonade – This bright green drink adds such a fun and festive punch of color to your holiday table! The kids will be thrilled to drink it, and you'll be happy about being the fun parent with almost no effort!
Fun St. Patrick's Day Desserts
Now, the moment we've all been waiting for—the treats! Like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, these fun desserts are what everyone will be looking forward to this St. Patrick's Day!
- Lucky Charms Treats – Like Rice Krispies treats but luckier! These Lucky Charms treats come together in a snap and are a sweet activity to do with the kids to make the day special.
- Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods – These dipped pretzel rods are so versatile and can be customized for any occasion! Try green candy melts or white chocolate with green and gold sprinkles for a fun treat for your little leprechauns.
- Green Velvet Cupcakes – If you love red velvet cake, why not turn it into GREEN velvet cake?! Simply swap the food coloring in your favorite recipe.
- Mint Brownies – Fudgy, delicious brownies can only be elevated by some mint buttercream frosting spread on top. Add green food coloring and green sprinkles for an extra festive flair!
- Candy Cookies – Snag a bag of St. Patty's Day themed candy (green M&Ms work great!) and whip up a batch of these easy chocolate chip cookies…using green M&Ms instead of chocolate chips, of course!
More Ideas For Holiday Fun
Still needing ideas on how to make St Patrick's Day exciting for the family? This post is full of easy and inexpensive ideas for decorations, activities, and even more recipes! See? We knew it was your lucky day!
Do you have any special St Patrick's Day recipes or traditions that you're looking forward to? Leave a comment and let us know! We'd love to hear!
St Patrick's Day isn't the only thing we can help with. Check out these other helpful posts:
- If you're looking to celebrate on a budget, we've got all the tips on how to save on your grocery bill when buying meat.
- You won't believe these 35 cooking hacks to make food prep a breeze!
- Easter will be here before you know it! Get a head start on planning with these quick and easy ideas.
Wishing you a happy and easy holiday touched by some Irish luck!