If you love avocados, then this post is going to guac your world! We've got over a dozen awesome avocado recipes to share, plus a storage hack that will knock your socks off.
Why is it that avocados seem to ripen within minutes of bringing them home? Then, suddenly, that bag full of avocados you bought on sale turns into an emergency operation! Yikes. Well, consider that problem solved!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
We're about to teach you how to store your avocados so they last way longer, but we've also got some incredibly delicious avocados recipes for you to try! So, whether you've got ten avocados you need to use up ASAP, or you just love trying new recipes, you are in luck. Here we go!
YOU HAVE TO TRY THIS GENIUS AVOCADO STORAGE HACK
So, let's say you whip up a recipe or two from this post, but you find yourself with half of an already sliced and peeled avocado leftover. Should you just toss it and move on? No way, Jose! Have you seen the price of avocado lately?! You'd be better off throwing a dollar in the trash than tossing that green goodness. So, here are two storage options for you:
- Dice and Freeze – Yes, you can freeze avocado! We wrote a whole post about it, so run, don't walk, to read all about it. Here's a quick spoiler. If you dice your avocado and place it in an airtight bag, you can store it for up to five months and defrost it when you need it.
- Sprinkle with Citrus Juice – Need to keep half of an avocado fresh until tomorrow? Spritz it with a little lemon or lime juice and place it in an airtight container, or snag one of these Avocado Savers on Amazon! They've racked up over 1,000 5-star reviews.
See, that wasn't hard, was it? Spread the knowledge, please. Friends don't let friends waste avocados. Now, are you ready for some avocado recipes? Let's do this!
AVOCADOS ARE THE PERFECT ADDITION TO GREEN SMOOTHIES
It's time for option numero uno, and we're starting with one of our favorite refreshing treats: smoothies! So, if you've never tried adding some avocado to your smoothie, stop what you're doing and head to the blender. (Just please come back soon! We have so much goodness to share.
Okay, are you back? Avocados add so much creaminess to a smoothie, and it's a great way to bulk up the calories for a more filling snack or meal. We like to use apples, limes, spinach, and cucumbers in our green smoothies, but just about any combination works! And, yes, you can add diced avocados to your freezer smoothie packs, too.
3 AVOCADO TOAST RECIPES
Could we even write a post about avocado without mentioning avocado toast? Not a chance! Call us cheugy if you want, but we love avocado toast. Here are three flavor combos to try:
- Smoked Salmon – Smoked salmon and avocado toast is the Millennial equivalent of PB&J. Just trust us and try it. It's so good! You can add a little cream cheese to the mix if you'd like and go with sliced avocados, or skip the cream cheese and used mashed avocado.
- Avocado Mash + Eggs – Pretty self-explanatory, right? Just smash some avocado and spread it on your toast, then top with eggs. You can use sliced hard-boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, poached eggs, or runny fried eggs. They're all great options!
- Cream Cheese with Avocado Slices – Keep it simple and spread some cream cheese on your favorite toast, then top with avocado slices, a spritz of lemon juice, and some salt and pepper.
Feel free to sprinkle some everything bagel seasoning on any of these for good measure. They sell that magical goodness at Trader Joe's or on Amazon, and it's worth every dang penny!
BAKED EGG AVOCADO BOATS
There aren't many recipes as versatile as this one! You only need an avocado and an egg to make this dish. Beyond that, you can mix and match ingredients to your heart's content. Have bacon to use up? Ham? Fresh veggies? Anything will work!
We can't get over how delicious this baked eggs in avocados recipe from Downshiftology looks! You can serve these for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or even dinner. It's a protein-packed colorful dish that seems super fancy, but it's quick and easy to make. That's a win in our book!
GIVE YOUR DEVILED EGGS A TWIST
Green eggs and ham, anyone?! We'll never say no to deviled eggs. And eggs stuffed with guacamole or avocado? Well, sign us up!
Here's the deal: just replace the mayo you'd normally use with either guacamole or mashed avocado with a bit of lemon juice. Then, assemble those eggs as usual and garnish with a little pico, some goat cheese crumbles, or bacon bits. Yum, yum, YUM! Did we mention how much we love these?
AIR FRYER AVOCADO FRIES RECIPE
Warning: this recipe is crave-worthy! It's super easy, too. You'll need three bowls or shallow dishes: one for a little bit of flour mixed with your favorite seasonings (1/2 cup should be plenty). In another dish, whisk an egg, and in the third, measure out about a cup of Panko breadcrumbs.
Slice an avocado or two, then dip those slices in flour mixture, cover in egg, then dip in breadcrumbs before placing in your air fryer basket. Cook at 390°F for about 8 minutes, then serve and enjoy! We suggest whipping up a quick batch of this campfire sauce for dipping.
You know we had to go there! If you serve chips and dips for dinner, we won't judge you. Go ahead and make some crockpot cheese dip and fruit salsa while you're at it. Or make a batch of potato nachos and serve that guac on top!
THE CREAMIEST OF OUR AVOCADO RECIPES: PASTA SAUCE!
Looking to add a little variety to pasta night? Instead of using a traditional marinara or Alfredo sauce, try making avocado sauce! Just slice one to two avocados and toss them in the food processor with some salt, pepper, a 1/4 cup of lemon juice, and half a cup of olive oil. The end result is a creamy, dreamy, green sauce.
Want to try some mix-ins? Pesto, basil, crushed mint, or feta cheese are all amazing options! Toss that sauce with your favorite noodle, add the protein of your choice, and dinner is served!
EASY AVOCADO VINAIGRETTE
Want to add more green to your greens? Whip up a quick batch of homemade salad dressing and make avocado the key ingredient. Just round up some sour cream or Greek yogurt, avocado, olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic.
This avocado dressing recipe from Gimme Delicious comes together in just a couple of minutes, and it's a creamy, dreamy garnish for your salad! The cilantro is optional, but we say toss it in if you have it. If not, use some leftover spinach. Bon appetit!
3 STUFFED AVOCADO RECIPES
And now for the grand finale! Let's talk about stuffed avocados (aka avocado boats). These are the perfect lunch option, but they're great on summer nights, too. You don't have to heat up your kitchen to make these yummy, filling creations! Here are three options:
- Tuna Stuffed Avocados – Slice an avocado in half, take out the seed, and then whip up a quick batch of tuna salad. Serve the tuna salad inside the avocado, and you're good to go! That's one less dish to clean. By the way, don't toss that tuna fish oil from the can.
- Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocados – Not a fan of tuna? Grab your leftover rotisserie chicken and make a quick batch of chicken salad instead. You know what to do next!
- Cobb Salad Stuffed Avocado – Last but not least, stuff all your favorite cobb salad fixings into those avocado halves. Any protein will do! Try ham, chicken, or turkey meat.
Stuffed avocados are a shelf cooking dream! Just round up your leftovers and go to town. There are about a million and one ways to make avocado boats, so have some fun with it!
WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE AVOCADO RECIPES?
The next time you have ripe avocados that you need to use stat, you'll know what to do! Freeze them, store them, or use them, just don't let them go to waste, okay?
While you're here, tell us all about your favorite avocado recipes! Leave a comment below.
Want to try a few more recipes and kitchen hacks?
- You won't believe these clever uses for leftover pickle juice!
- These yummy zucchini recipes are perfect for summer.
- Use up all your apples with this simple 3-ingredient Snickers apple salad.
Time to guac and roll!