Ground chicken is a great find at the grocery store! Whether you're looking for a red meat alternative or scored big with a sale, we'll show you how to use your find in the BEST way with these crazy easy ground chicken recipes!
BAM! There it is… ground chicken on massive sale at the grocery store! SCORE! The only problem is, what do you do with it?!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Well, fear not… Scoop up that ground chicken, you frugal queen, and we'll show you exactly how to use it with these easy ground chicken recipes. Now grab that meal planner and let's get to the recipes!
HOW TO SUB IN GROUND CHICKEN
Ground chicken is incredibly versatile and can be used in the place of ground beef, ground pork, or ground turkey in almost ANY recipe. Simply swap one for the other or mix them together to make a tasty combo for the best of both worlds. You got this!
DELICIOUS DINNER IDEAS
The mild flavor of ground chicken means it can be seasoned to fit into any cuisine you're craving. From fiesta-worthy Mexican dishes to classic American comfort food, we're sharing ground chicken recipes for any mood!
- Chimichanga – Pull out your sombrero for this chimichanga recipe. Sub in ground chicken and it is TOTALLY fiesta-worthy!
- Chicken Taquitos – Use ground chicken in place of shredded in this yummy chicken taquito recipe!
- Meatballs – Serve these foolproof meatballs with pasta or on a sub sandwich! Make them with ground chicken or a combo of chicken and beef.
- Crock Pot Lasagna – This easy slow cooker lasagna can be made in so many ways, with or without meat. Toss in ground chicken for a new spin!
- Shepherd's Pie – Nothing screams comfort and cozy like a hot shepherd's pie. Ahh, we can smell it now. Fork, please?
- Ground Chicken Nachos – Whip this up for a lightning-fast lunch or dinner! Top your nachos with homemade guac and this easy blender salsa from Fun Cheap or Free to kick things up a notch.
- Rice Bowls – These delicious rice bowls are totally customizable and can easily include ground chicken and any other ingredients you have laying around. Use up what you know you have! And if you don't already have it, grab our FREE kitchen inventory printable to help you track it.
Is it dinner time yet? We're getting hungry over here…
GROUND CHICKEN SANDWICHES
Sometimes you just CRAVE a good sandwich, are we right? These sandwiches will make you a ground chicken convert!
- Ground Chicken Burgers – An alternative to a regular beef burger. Top it with whatever veggies and add-ons you have on hand in true shelf cooking fashion!
- Ground Chicken Gyros – Want a taste of Cuban flair? These ground chicken gyros from All Mom Does is the answer!
- Chicken Meatball Sub – Use the ground chicken meatball recipe we mentioned above and dress them up Italian-style for a decadent sub sandwich!
- Sloppy Joes – Skip the red meat and make your sloppy joes with ground chicken instead!
We told you they were good!
We love a good casserole over here! What could be better than a tasty one-dish meal with very little clean-up? Well, look out… Ground chicken casserole recipes coming right at ya!
- Easy Pasta Bake – This pasta bake can be made using almost any meat… including ground chicken! Plus, it freezes great so batch cook that baby!
- Tamale Casserole – Swap the ground beef for ground chicken in this incredible tamale casserole recipe for an easy freezer-friendly meal!
- Oven-Baked Tacos – Not exactly a casserole… but it's a one-dish meal so we think it counts! This oven-baked taco recipe turns out GREAT when you sub in ground chicken instead.
- Chicken Noodle Casserole – Make a thicker version of your favorite chicken noodle soup (with ground chicken instead) and place in a casserole dish. Use less liquid and thicken with corn starch, if needed. Top with crushed crackers, butter, and tons of shredded cheese. Bake at 425°F for 15 minutes, or until it's bubbly! Yummmmmm.
- Ground Chicken Mac N Cheese – Dress up your macaroni and cheese with some ground chicken, pour it into a casserole dish, top with cheese, and watch the magic happen in the oven. Yes, please!
- Mexican Casserole – Well Plated has an Instant Pot Mexican casserole recipe that is to die for. Pull out that Instant Pot tonight because this one is worth it. Don't forget about our homemade taco seasoning to spice it up!
I don't know about you, but these easy ground chicken recipes make us want to run straight for the casserole dish!
GROUND CHICKEN SOUP RECIPES
Perfect for a cold or rainy day, these easy ground chicken soup recipes will hit the spot and satisfy everyone in the family!
- Tuxedo Soup – This fancy tuxedo soup packs a nutritional punch with loads of veggies! Use ground chicken instead of shredded for a new spin.
- Crockpot Chili – Ground chicken works great in this EASY crockpot chili recipe!
- Chicken Gnocchi – This Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi recipe is just as drool-worthy with ground chicken!
- Taco Soup – Toss together our favorite taco soup recipe and sub the beef for ground chicken. Your red meat lovers will never know the difference. Pair it with our bomb Mexican rice recipe for a mealtime WIN!
- Chicken Meatball Noodle Soup – Damn Delicious has a rockin' recipe for chicken meatball noodle soup that is the PERFECT way to use up those leftover chicken meatballs.
Soup freezes GREAT, so make a double or triple batch and freeze one of these for an easy weeknight meal later! Learn our best tips for freezing food in this post!
Do you have a favorite ground chicken recipe you'd love to share? Tell us in the comments below!
Want more helpful posts? Check these out!
- Got leftovers? Learn how to reheat them like a PRO!
- Check out these leftover ham recipes and never let a bite go to waste!
- Learn how to feed your family on a budget with this cheap meat 101 post!
As the Chick-fil-A cows say… “Eat Mor Chikin!”