We've got your plans for the next Taco Tuesday covered! These oven-baked tacos are giving us life. And a warning: these pics will make you hungry!
Wondering what to make for dinner? Round up your ground beef and all your favorite taco toppings and prepare for greatness! This easy and yummy recipe calls for a fiesta of epic proportions! It's so delicious that even the picky eaters will ask for seconds!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
If you love Taco Tuesday as much as we do, then these easy oven-baked tacos are about to become your new BFF! Keep reading to grab the recipe, plus our usual tips, tricks, and substitutions. Let's taco about it!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BAKED TACOS
If you celebrate Taco Tuesday every week, then you've probably got your favorite sides on rotation. Still, why not try something new? Try serving up your oven-baked tacos with one of these tasty side dishes:
- Refried Beans – Stop spending money on the cans! You can buy pinto beans in bulk and make your own refried beans. Honestly, they taste so much better!
- Crockpot Cheese Dip – No one will ever complain about queso. And, you guys, this crockpot cheese dip is pretty much the best. Try it. Love it. You're welcome!
- Mexican Rice – This Mexican rice recipe tastes just like it came from a restaurant!
- Buffalo Cauliflower – Wait, what? Cauliflower with tacos?! Well, first of all, our motto is why not? But secondly, this is Buffalo cauliflower! Make it a tapas night.
- Salad – Trying to eat a little healthier? We see you! You've got this, girl. If you need a yummy dressing to try, whip up some of this homemade vinaigrette.
Ummm. Can we have one of each? We can't wait for Taco Tuesday! Before we go any further, though, let's take a quick minute to talk toppings.
THE PERFECT TACO TOPPINGS
Want to add a little pizzazz to these heavenly oven-baked tacos? Go for it! There are endless ways to top these tacos, but here are a few add-ins we suggest trying:
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Lettuce
- Black Olives
- Taco Sauce
- Diced Tomatoes
If you don't add a single one of these toppings to your tacos, we bet you'll still love them! But, if you have extra veggies to use up, why not go for it? And speaking of using up what you've got, let's talk about recipe swaps and substitutions!
EASY WAYS TO MODIFY THIS RECIPE
Hop onboard the shelf cooking train, you guys! When we cook, we use what we have, so if you're missing a few ingredients for these oven-baked tacos, no worries! Try one of these simple substitutions:
- Ground Beef – If you're out of ground beef or just not feeling it, you can use ground turkey, shredded chicken, or pulled pork instead! Shrimp or fish would work, too. Just cut back the cooking time by a few minutes.
- Cilantro Rice – Check out our copycat Cafe Rio Cilantro Lime rice recipe. You can totally make this yourself. But if you're not a cilantro fan, that's okay! Sub in our Mexican rice recipe, or just use plain white, yellow, or brown rice.
- Taco Seasoning – Fresh out of seasoning packets? Learn how to make taco seasoning. It's SO easy!
- Flour Tortillas – No flour tortillas in the freezer or pantry? You can make your own tortillas or use corn or whole wheat instead.
- Black Beans – If you don't have black beans, use pinto or kidney beans. You could also omit them altogether!
And don't stress about the type of cheese, either! Whatever you have on hand will work just fine. Now you're all set! Let's talk about leftovers for a quick minute. Don't worry. That recipe is coming up soon. Promise!
WHAT TO DO WITH LEFTOVER OVEN-BAKED TACOS
Okay, let's address a shelf cooking FAQ really quick! What the heck do I do with the leftovers? Well, you've got a few options in this case.
- How to Freeze Oven-Baked Tacos – Have you tried our make-ahead breakfast burritos? These tacos freeze pretty similarly, so grab those freezer instructions and go ahead and make another batch for later if you'd like. Just leave off the toppings and add those when we defrost and reheat.
- Store in the Refrigerator – These tacos will last 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Just store them in an airtight container and reheat in the oven for about 10-15 minutes at 350°F. If you're in a hurry, you can microwave. Just go slow, so you don't end up with tough tortillas.
- Repurpose – Deconstruct your tacos and save the filling for burrito bowls! You can also make a pretty killer Mexican egg scramble for breakfast! And when in doubt, make nachos.
That's that! At this point, you know all there is to know about oven-baked tacos. Ready for that recipe?
OUR FAVORITE OVEN-BAKED TACOS RECIPE
You've been so patient, and now the moment has come! It's taco time. Do your happy dance, and let's start cooking!
Easy Oven-Baked Tacos
- 14 small flour tortillas
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- water (according to taco seasoning packet instructions)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3-4 cups cilantro rice
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook ground beef with taco seasoning and water, according to packet instructions.
- Add black beans to ground beef.
- Add flour tortillas to a greased casserole dish, standing them up as if they were hard-shelled tacos.
- Add about 1/4 cup cilantro rice to each tortilla. Follow with beef and bean mixture until it's dispersed evenly in each tortilla. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 350° to heat everything through.
- Broil on high for about one minute to brown the cheese slightly.
- Add your favorite toppings, and enjoy!
How amazing do those look?! We're drooling over here, and we can't wait for you to try these oven-baked tacos! Hopefully, your family will love them as much as we do.
No more boring Taco Tuesdays for you! These oven-baked tacos are the holy grail of Mexican night. Try this recipe once, and you'll be a believer!
What's your favorite taco topping? Drop a comment below!
Looking for a few more easy recipes to try?
- We love this easy pasta bake. It's so versatile!
- Ready for pizza night? Try this 20-minute French bread pizza!
- These egg muffin cups are unbelievably easy and just as delicious.
Have a fantas-taco day!