This dreamy crockpot cheese dip is the perfect dish to round out your next Taco Tuesday! It is EASY with a capital E, and it's just as delicious the next day. Your friends will love you for making this! Who's ready for a fiesta?!
Anyone else totally addicted to chips and queso? If it were up to us, we'd make a whole meal out of it! Hey, dairy is healthy, right? We're just trying to build strong bones over here! 😉
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
The next time you get a hankering for some good queso, whip up a quick batch of this ah-mazing crockpot cheese dip. It's our favorite appetizer to serve at get-togethers, and we know you'll love it, too!
THE BEST CROCKPOT CHEESE DIP ADD-INS
If you want to add a little flare to your queso, have at it! There are TONS of ingredients you can add to this crockpot cheese dip, but here are a few of our favorites:
- Canned Chili – Make your own chili con queso! Don't want to use the canned stuff? Use up any leftovers you have.
- Corn – Just be sure to drain your corn first! We love adding a can or two to this dip.
- Diced Olives – Any olive fans in the house? Add a few to your queso. And be sure not to toss that olive juice!
- Ground Beef or Sausage – Where's the meat?! It could be in your cheese dip if you'd like. Brown a little ground beef or sausage, or just throw in some leftovers.
- Jalapeños – If you like spicy foods, then bring on the heat!
- Lime Juice – Add a little zest, too, and squeeze some of the juice on your chips!
- Minced Onion – If you're looking for a little extra texture, minced onions will do the trick!
Here's another fun idea! Make your own tortillas to serve alongside your cheese dip.
CROCKPOT QUESO RECIPE SWAPS TO TRY
What should you do if you're missing an ingredient but still really want some queso? Try one of these substitutes:
- Refried Beans Substitute – All out of canned refried beans? You have two options! You can either make a batch of homemade refried beans or toss in a can of drained pinto or black beans. Hummus works in a pinch, too!
- Salsa Substitute – No salsa? Use Rotel or diced tomatoes instead.
- Velveeta Substitute – If you don't have Velveeta, you can use eight ounces of cream cheese and half a cup of sour cream in its place. We suggest tossing in some cubed pepper jack, too! You can also use the original Velveeta if you prefer (we just happen to love white queso).
Pretty simple and straight forward, if you ask us!
HOW TO USE LEFTOVER CHEESE DIP
Want to turn your leftover crockpot queso into something brand new? Try one of these tasty dishes:
- Arroz Con Pollo – Make a batch of our famous Mexican Rice, top it with some shredded chicken, and then smother the dish in queso. Hello, new favorite dinner!
- Fondue – Slice up some bread, fruit, and veggies and make it fondue night! This easy rustic bread would be so yummy dipped in that leftover cheese dip.
- Philly Cheese Steak – Grab a few hoagies, slice up and sear some steak, toss in your favorite veggies, and make your own cheesesteaks!
- Queso Burgers – You know what makes burgers even better? Cheese! Instead of a slice of American, spoon some cheese dip on top.
- Stuffed Peppers – Here's a cheap and easy dinner idea! Stuff some peppers with black beans and queso. There you go —Meatless Monday made simple.
Of course, if you don't save enough leftovers to make any of these recipes, we won't blame you! You can store leftover cheese dip in the fridge for up to one week if you didn't add in the meat. If you do add meat to your queso, be sure to eat within 3-5 days. Just pop it in the microwave and dip away!
THE EASIEST CROCKPOT CHEESE DIP RECIPE
As you've probably noticed, we love a crockpot recipe! God bless whoever invented that magical appliance. It's saved us from so many takeout dinners! And it makes our favorite cheese dip possible. We know you'll love it, so here ya go!
Easy Crockpot Cheese Dip
- 12 oz Velveeta queso blanco
- 16 oz salsa
- 16 oz refried beans
- Spray your crockpot with cooking spray, or drop in a liner.
- Cube Velveeta and add to crockpot.
- Add the salsa and beans, then let the dip simmer on low for 1-2 hours. Serve hot, and enjoy!
Is your mouth watering? So is ours! 😉
What's your favorite queso? Drop us a comment!
Looking for more quick recipes to try?
- Learn how to make overnight oats! We've got ten flavors to try.
- Short on time? With these quick and easy dinner ideas, you can cross one thing off your to-do list.
- These birthday cake mix cookies are so stinking good!
Keep it easy and cheesy!