Want the caramel apple flavor without all the work? Then today's totally crave-worthy recipe is for you. Learn how to make this simple three-ingredient Snickers Apple Salad in just minutes!
Do you love caramel apples but hate all the time it takes to make them? Yeah, same. Waiting around for the caramel to set? Ain't nobody got time for that!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
We've got a time-saving solution for you. Round up that leftover candy from Easter because you will LOVE this recipe for Snickers Apple Salad! It only takes three ingredients and about five minutes to make, so let’s get started!
SNICKERS APPLE SALAD ADD-INS YOU'LL LOVE
Don't let the name of this dish fool you! While the Snickers steal the show, you can also add a supporting cast of other ingredients from your pantry. We think these mix-ins are amazing:
- Chocolate Chips
- Peanut Butter Chips
- Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- Extra Caramel or Chocolate Drizzle
We think some diced cherries or cranberries might be nice, too. If you got some, why not? We're all about shelf cooking (aka creative cooking) around here, so instead of running out to the store, take a peek at what you have first. There's almost always a workaround. Speaking of which, let's talk recipe swaps for this Snickers Apple Salad!
EASY WAYS TO MODIFY THIS RECIPE
Okay, chances are, you already have everything you need to make this delicious treat! It's only three ingredients, after all. But just in case a craving hits and you find yourself empty-handed, try one of these recipe modifications:
- Granny Smith Apples – We like the tart crunch of a Granny Smith, so we almost always have them around for snacking. If you don't keep them in your kitchen, then feel free to use any apples you do have! Diced pears would work well, too.
- Cool Whip – No Cool Whip in your fridge or freezer? Well, lucky you! We have a recipe for homemade whipped cream. Use that instead.
- Snickers – Yes, Snickers bars kind of make this recipe, but you can totally experiment with other candies, too. Try Rolos, Butterfingers, or Heath Bars.
Honestly, the next time we make this recipe, we might add all those candy bars! What can we say? The Easter bunny was good to us this year. 😉
HOW TO STORE SNICKERS APPLE SALAD
Okay, let's talk about leftovers for a quick minute! Here's the truth: apples start releasing their juice pretty quickly, which makes the salad watery. Plan to eat this salad within one day of making it and store it in the refrigerator. It will technically last several days in the fridge, but after about a day, the quality declines.
AN EASY SNICKERS APPLE SALAD RECIPE
We promise you'll love this one! Grab a few apples before they go bad and reach for the leftover candy. This recipe is easy, quick, and SO delicious. What's not to love?!
Easy Snickers Apple Salad
- 4 Granny Smith apples
- 1 8-oz tub Cool Whip
- 2-4 3-oz Snickers candy bars
- Wash the apples and cut them into bite-sized pieces. Add to a large bowl.
- Chop up the Snickers candy bars and add to the apples.
- Add the tub of Cool Whip and stir.
- Garnish with more chopped candy bars, toffee bits, roasted peanuts, and/or caramel sauce if desired.
See? We told you this one was easy! If you take this to the next neighborhood cookout, be ready to share the recipe. We guarantee you'll be the talk of the town! Oh, and if you love this dish as much as we do, check out our apple nacho recipe, too.
Well, there you go! Don't you wish every salad had chocolate in it?! Whether you make this Snickers Apple Salad your dessert on Taco Tuesday or take it to the next PTA party, we won't tell anyone it only you took you a few minutes to make this tasty treat!
Do you have a go-to easy party dish? Spill the deets! Leave a comment below and tell us all about it.
Looking for more party foods we love?
- This crockpot cheese dip is one of the best things you'll ever eat!
- If you need game day food ideas, here are 31 recipes to try!
- Everyone's talking about these ooey-gooey bars! If you haven't tried them yet, make a batch for your next cookout. They won't last long!