Whip out those marshmallows and Lucky Charms because it's time for a fun treat! Make these magically delicious Lucky Charms treats with your kids for St. Patrick's Day or “just because.” The whole fam will love them!
Need something fun for the fam? Want a spring treat to take to work (or to church)? We love making fun dessert recipes. And while Rice Krispies treats never disappoint, we wanted to change things up a bit! And really, who can go wrong with some marshmallows…and extra marshmallows?
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
These three-ingredient Lucky Charms treats are perfect for St. Patrick's Day, birthday parties, get-togethers, picnics, cookouts — you name it! Oh, and did we mention that you can make them ahead and freeze them?! Grab your supplies, grab your helpers, and let's get to it!
HOW TO SHELF COOK YOUR WAY THROUGH THESE BARS
There's not a lot to these Lucky Charms bars, and that's why we love them so much! Here are a few swaps you can make to work with what you've got:
- Marshmallows – You can use mini, regular-sized, s'more-size, or even marshmallow cream! As long as you use ten ounces, you're golden!
- Cereal – Name-brand is delicious, but off-brand works just as well. You could also get an oat-based cereal and add in your own dehydrated marshmallows to give them that little extra kick!
Pretty simple, right?! Raid your pantry before you hit the store and use what you already have first. Save that money!
HOW TO MAKE LUCKY CHARMS TREATS IN THE MICROWAVE
What? Did you know this was a thing?! It totally is. Let us explain just how easy it really is!
- Add butter and marshmallows to a large, microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave in 30-second increments for 2- to 3-minutes or until the butter and marshmallows melt and can be stirred together.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave; stir in your cereal and press it into your lined dish.
Not only are they magically delicious, but they're magically easy, too! 😉
HOW TO MAKE AHEAD AND FREEZE FOR ST. PATRICK'S DAY
Prepping your bars ahead of time for the freezer is easy peasy lemon freezy! All you have to do is:
- Make your Lucky Charms bars like normal and allow them to completely cool and set.
- Cut them into bars (or use fun cookie cutters to make shapes!) and individually wrap them in plastic wrap.
- Store in an airtight freezer bag or container.
- Allow them to thaw on the counter for about 30 minutes before you need them. Then, unwrap and enjoy!
You can even heat them up just a little in the microwave to help them reach that yummy, melty, gooey consistency again if that's your jam. Do your thang! 😉
MAGICALLY DELICIOUS LUCKY CHARMS TREATS
Are you ready to do this thing or what? Let's shamrock and roll!
Lucky Charms Treats
- 1 stick (½ cup) butter
- 10-oz pkg marshmallows
- 6 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- Line 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper or foil. (If using foil, grease really well and leave some hanging over.)*
- Melt butter in a stockpot over medium heat.
- Stir in marshmallows until completely melted. (If they start to brown, remove from heat and continue stirring until melted.)
- Remove from heat and stir in Lucky Charms until completely coated.
- Pour into lined pan and allow to cool and set up. (Stick them in the fridge if you need them to set up quicker before cutting!)
- Once set, remove from pan and place on a cutting board. Remove the liner and cut with a sharp knife. Enjoy!
So simple and easy!
WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE ST. PATRICK'S DAY TREATS?
These Lucky Charms treats are sure to be your new favorite way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day! Our sister site Fun Cheap or Free has some more great St. Patrick's Day ideas to make the most of your favorite green holiday. Share your fave traditions with us in the comments, below!
Looking for more easy and delicious desserts?
- Try your hand at these super easy no-bake cheesecake bites!
- Forget the campfire! Head to the microwave and make our easy and delicious microwaveable s'mores.
- Caramel + apple = YUM! These caramel apple slices and caramel apple nachos will be your new go-to treat.
Keep calm and leprechaun!