Let your blender shine with these 20+ clever blender recipes that will make your life easier and help you save big! Spoiler alert: They aren't smoothies!
Are you and your blender stuck in a boring smoothie cycle, wondering if there could be more to your relationship… err, kitchen appliance? Well, we're here to tell you your blender can do so much more! Drop those strawberries and bananas, and try one of these delicious and easy blender recipes instead.
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Not only are blender recipes plain ol' fun to make, but they can also save you time, make clean up a breeze, and even help you whip up a homemade substitute for a missing ingredient on your list. Keep reading and we'll show you how it's done!
SOUPS TO MAKE IN THE BLENDER
While some of these blender soups require a bit of roasting beforehand, some require no cooking at all! That's right, your blender actually cooks the soup while it mixes. Incredible!
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup – With a few adaptations, our delicious broccoli cheddar soup can be made right in your blender! Simply leave out the butter and flour, pre-steam your broccoli, and add in the other ingredients. Blend on high for 10 minutes and enjoy!
- Butternut Squash and Carrot Soup – This butternut squash soup recipe from Cookie and Kate is excellent and super easy. Plus, you can use any blender for this one! Try it with our yummy rustic bread recipe.
- Gazpacho – A cold, refreshing soup, perfect for a hot summer day! This gazpacho from The Healthy Maven is incredibly fresh and delicious.
- Thai Ginger Soup – This Thai Ginger Soup from Vitamix requires ZERO cooking. Lazy chef win!
- Blender Tomato Soup – First, roast some fresh tomatoes, onions, and garlic in the oven. Next, add the roasted veggies into the blender with fresh basil, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Blend until it's the consistency you like and enjoy with our cheesy garlic bread!
Be sure you have a quality blender so your soup actually cooks and the engine doesn't burn up! Check out our post on six kitchen essentials worth investing in and find out how to score a good one for less.
Pro Tip: Blended soups can lack texture, so add in croutons, seeds, and other toppings after it's blended to give it some crunch.
BLENDER RECIPES FOR BREAKFAST
Try one of these blender recipes for breakfast and you'll never go back. Not only does the blender help aerate batter and eggs, making the fluffiest, most delicious breakfast dishes ever, but it also contains the mess to one container!
- Banana Blender Muffins – Give your mixing arm a break and try this banana bread recipe from Fun Cheap or Free in the blender instead! We think you'll love the results.
- Blender Crepes – We love a good crepe and this blender crepe recipe from Little Spice Jar does not disappoint!
- Fluffy Scrambled Eggs – Yes, even scrambled eggs are better in the blender! The blender aerates the eggs perfectly and makes for the fluffiest eggs you've ever had in your life. Seriously.
- Pancakes – Make our favorite pancake recipe but whip it up in the bender for light, fluffy perfection!
- Mini German Pancakes – Our blender mini German pancake recipe is a fun twist on a classic!
Don't worry, we won't give away the secret for your soon-to-be famous pillowy soft pancakes. 😉
SWEET BLENDER RECIPES
We definitely can't forget about our sweet tooth! These blender recipes are sweet and oh-so-easy to whip together.
- Fruit Leather – These easy fruit leathers are made with a blender and will save you a bundle over the store-bought version.
- Frozen Lemonade – Add in your favorite ratio of water, lemon juice, sugar, and ice! Grab some fun paper straws and some marching cherries for a garnish.
- Banana “Nice” Cream – This is as easy as tossing in frozen banana slices and blending! For a sweeter treat, add in honey or your other favorite sweetener. Try mixing in other flavors like peanut butter, cinnamon, or whatever else you have on hand!
- Strawberry Soup – This summer strawberry soup from Taste of Home is a decadent treat! Trust us, everyone will love this one.
Blend up your favorite sweet blender recipe and serve it in a cute summer bowl or cup to fancy things up!
BLENDER DIPS AND SAUCES
Buying pre-made dips and sauces can be so pricey, especially when you're a big-time sauce eater like we are! Save some major dough and stick to your grocery budget by making your own with these tasty blender recipes.
- Homemade Salsa – Try our favorite salsa recipe using canned tomatoes, or make it fresh by tossing in tomatoes, half an onion, de-seeded jalapeños, cilantro, and lime juice. Watch out, it's addicting!
- Hummus – Blend up a can of chickpeas, one tablespoon olive oil, one tablespoon lemon juice, and your choice of seasoning. Serve it up with pita chips or some fresh veggies!
- Basil Pesto – Perfect on homemade pizza, basil pesto is so easy to make in the blender. This basil pesto recipe from Simply Recipes is easy and delish!
- Mayonnaise – This mayonnaise recipe from Vitamix will have you breaking up with store-bought mayo for good.
- Bean Dip – Toss in a can of beans (use what you have on hand—any variety will work!), canned roasted tomatoes or salsa, minced garlic, lime juice, and seasonings to taste. Ta-da! A dip worthy of Taco Tuesday.
- Guacamole – If you like your guac nice and creamy, blend it up for that perfect consistency!
Not only do these blender dip and sauces taste better, they are easier on your wallet, too!
MORE THINGS TO MAKE WITH THE BLENDER
Did you know a quality blender is actually a shelf cooker's BFF? It's true! There are so many things you can make yourself with a handy dandy blender that you will never have to buy at the store again. Here are a few more of our go-to blender recipes.
- Bread Crumbs – Do you have some old, stale bread or croutons you aren't sure what to do with? Turn them into bread crumbs and freeze for the next time you make these Italian zucchini boats.
- Oat Flour – Pass on the pricey oat flour at the store and make your own by milling old-fashioned oats in the blender!
- Refried Beans – Homemade refried beans are so much better than canned—and way cheaper! Add some pinto beans to your blender and pulse until it's the consistency you love. For chunkier refried beans, only blend half the beans and leave the other half unblended. Season as you wish and pair with these bomb steak quesadillas!
- Whipped Cream – Just add whipping cream to your blender and let it become white, fluffy goodness! Go ahead, slap a dollop on our no-bake strawberry cream pie. You know you want to!
- Peanut Butter – Add your peanuts and blend on low until broken down. Then, blend on medium speed until the consistency becomes creamy! Stick your nut butter in the fridge overnight so it can thicken up and it's ready to enjoy.
These delicious blender recipes will open up a whole new world for you and your new fav kitchen appliance! *Cue Aladin's magic carpet song… Whether you're blending up a quick soup or you're making a DIY version of your favorite store-bought dip, your tastebuds and your budget will love the results.
Do you have a favorite blender recipe you'd love to share? Tell us in the comments below!
Want more fun shelf cooking tips and hacks? Check out these posts!
- Find out the difference between a food processor and a blender!
- Get organized with these basic kitchen organizational tips!
- These five grocery store HACKS will save you money every single time!
Now, blend away, friends!