These one hour garlic breadsticks will be your new go-to. They pair perfectly with soups and are great for serving to guests!
Looking for a delicious and easy garlic breadsticks recipe? Look no further! This recipe only takes one hour and uses ingredients you likely already have on hand!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Trust us, you won't be able to get enough of these mouth-watering garlic breadsticks. Be prepared to serve seconds because these are a sure-fire hit! Now, let's get on to the recipe!
BATCH-BAKE GARLIC BREADSTICKS
These breadsticks are so good, you'll want to have some on hand for a last-minute soup night! Double or triple the batch and stock some in your freezer for a cold night. Grab a friend, make it a meal-prep party, and whip up some soups to freeze, too!
HOW TO FREEZE YOUR GARLIC BREADSTICKS
These garlic breadsticks freeze great! You can bake and then freeze these breadsticks or simply freeze the dough and thaw to bake when you're ready! Store the frozen garlic breadsticks in a freezer-safe bag for up to six months. If you choose to bake and freeze, reheat your frozen breadsticks wrapped in foil.
WHAT TO EAT THEM WITH
These breadsticks are delicious on their own, however, they pair perfectly with a hot soup! Here are some of our favorites.
- Chicken Gnocchi Soup – This Olive Garden copycat gnocchi soup is SO good!
- Greek Lemon Chicken Soup – This lemon chicken soup is full of bright flavors that go so well with these garlicky breadsticks!
- Tuxedo Soup – This tuxedo soup recipe is so good, it's like a hug in a bowl on a chilly evening!
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup – This broccoli cheddar soup will fulfill all your cheesy dreams!
- Crock Pot Potato Soup – Let this delicious potato soup cook slowly in the crock pot while you whip up some amazing garlic breadsticks!
Breadsticks are also amazing with pasta! Check out some amazing pasta dishes that we have on a regular rotation.
- The BEST Baked Meatballs – Meatballs pair well with any of your favorite pastas and would definitely pair well with garlic breadsticks.
- Easy Pasta Bake – Need an easy freezer meal or crowd-pleaser, this Easy Pasta Bake is the recipe for you!
- Creative Leftover Pasta Recipes – Here are 12 more delicious pasta recipes that would pair well with these tasty breadsticks.
- Build-Your-Own-Pasta Bar – A pasta bar is an easy weeknight meal!
Mhmm. These all sound delicious, right? It's gonna be hard to choose just one meal to serve with these breadsticks.
1-Hour Garlic Breadsticks
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 3-4 cups all-purpose flour
Butter and Toppings
- garlic salt
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1-2 Tbsp melted butter to brush on top before baking
- In an electric stand mixer, or stand mixer with a dough hook, mix together water, sugar, yeast, salt, and one cup of flour.
- Add remaining flour 1 cup at a time until the dough stops sticking to the side of the bowl.
- Knead by hand for 3 minutes. Dough should be soft and only slightly sticky.
- Let dough rest in bowl for 10 minutes.
- While the dough rests, preheat the oven to 400°F and spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, pat the dough into a long rectangle. It should be about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick.
- Cut the dough into 1 inch strips to make the sticks. A pizza cutter works great for this!
- Twist each strip slightly and place on baking sheet about 1/2 inch apart.
- Brush some of the melted butter over the breadsticks and sprinkle parmesan and garlic on top.
- Let rise for 20 minutes in a warm room then bake for 15 minutes.
Well, what are you waiting for?! Grab those ingredients and get to baking! What is your favorite way to enjoy a garlic breadstick? Share with us in the comments below!
Find even more delicious recipes!
- These easy 15-minute meals will save the day on a night!
- Try our leftover chili recipes so nothing goes to waste!
- This tater tot casserole will be you new favorite freezer meal!
Bake ya later!
I just made these breadsticks and I have to say they are delicious ! On some of them, I sprinkled some cinnamon sugar instead of garlic salt and parmesan…..VERY GOOD !!!
Okay, just over here with our mouths drooling. Yummy! That sounds delicious and we are happy you liked the breadsticks. We love what you did to adapt to what you wanted to make.