Is it even fall without chili?! We think not. The next time you make a big pot, try these simple, tasty leftover chili recipes!
Before we go any further, we've got a quick PSA to share! If you've been looking for the world's best chili recipe, your search just ended. You have to try our freezer-friendly slow cooker chili!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Okay, now back to our regularly scheduled programming! After you try that chili, we guarantee you'll have leftovers, and when you do, this post will be here to swoop in and save the day. From savory casseroles to creative takes on pasta, this leftover chili recipes roundup is giving us all the feels, so here we go!
3 DINNER IDEAS THAT FEATURE CHILI AS A TOPPING
If you've got a bit of chili leftover but not enough to feed the whole family, here are three easy ideas:
- Chili Cheese Hot Dogs – Put your leftover hot dog buns to good use, too! Load up those dogs with cheese and a hearty spoonful of chili. Feel free to add other toppings as well! Mustard, slaw, diced onions, or relish are all delicious on them.
- Nachos – We'll never say no to nachos, and we don't care what anyone says. Nachos are a meal, not a snack. 😉 If you want to make nacho night extra special, try these loaded baked potato nachos, and don't forget to add that chili on top!
- Loaded Baked Potatoes – This is one of our favorite fall food ideas! Bake a few potatoes and line up all your favorite toppings for a cheap, filling, and easy dinner.
Ready for some carb loading? Up next, we've got a few pasta dishes we think you'll love!
LEFTOVER CHILI PASTA RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE
Grab a box of $1 pasta, plus a few pantry staples, and you can turn your leftover chili into an incredible dinner! Try one of these leftover chili recipes:
- Chili Mac ‘N Cheese – Doctor up a box of mac ‘n cheese or make a homemade batch of macaroni and cheese! You can either mix in the chili or throw everything in a casserole dish, top with some shredded cheese, and bake at 350°F for around 30 minutes. No matter how you prep chili mac, you can't go wrong!
- Southwest-Style Stuffed Shells – Stuff some pasta shells with your leftover chili, then place them in a greased baking dish. Top them all with a little extra chili and a healthy layer of shredded cheese. Bake at 350°F, then top with sour cream, guacamole, or some fresh green onions, serve, and enjoy!
- Cincinnati-Style Chili – This one is easy, and it may sound a little strange, but it's so good! Top a plate of spaghetti noodles with a big helping of chili, then add diced onions and a healthy portion of shredded cheese to the top. Bon appetit!
These leftover chili recipes are comfort food at its finest, you guys!
4 MORE GENIUS WAYS TO USE LEFTOVER CHILI
Okay, these last four recipes may seem random, but they're all delicious! So say hello to some of your new favorite comfort foods.
- Tater Tot Casserole – We won't pretend this is the world's healthiest recipe, but we can promise you it's delicious! Give this Crazy for Crust tater tot casserole recipe a try. Just use your leftovers instead of canned chili!
- Chili Frito Pie – Does anyone else remember the chili Frito pies they used to sell at Sonic?! So good, right? Well, here's how to make them at home. Pour a bag of Fritos into a baking dish, top with chili, then add a nice layer of shredded cheese. Bake for 20 minutes at 350°F, then remove from the oven and add another layer of Fritos and shredded cheese to the top. Bake for 5-10 more minutes, and you're all set!
- Breakfast Skillet – Gather up all your leftovers and make a yummy egg skillet! The eggs and chili alone make a tasty breakfast, but if you have some potatoes to use up, toss those in, too.
- Chili Cornbread Bake – Don't mind us. We're just over here drooling because of this chili cornbread casserole from Belle of the Kitchen!
We guarantee your kids will love the chili tot casserole. To be totally honest, we bet the grownups will, too! When tots are involved, what's not to love?
Now that you've got ten ways to use your leftover chili, we think you've got plenty of excuses to make several big pots this fall! #YoureWelcome
While we're on the topic of chili, what's your favorite topping? Drop a comment below and let us know!
Want to try a few more of our favorite fall recipes?
- If you love pumpkin, you have to try this pumpkin French toast!
- This copycat Olive Garden Gnocchi soup is so ridiculously good.
- You won't regret trying this classic meatloaf recipe! It tastes just like the kind grandma used to make.
Time for Netflix and chili?
Hey Jordan, love your ideas and content. When are you publishing a cookbook? That would be great for those of us who would love to support you and get all these ideas in one book!
Thank you for the kind words. That is definitely something we are hoping to provide in the future. We don’t currently have a timeline on it but it will be worth it, we promise. It will be unlike any other cookbook out there!