These no-bake peanut butter energy bites are THE BOMB DOT COM. They're super easy to whip together and they're made using pantry staples you probably already have laying around!
Up your snack game with these no-bake energy bites! Full of peanut buttery, honey, gooey deliciousness, they are bound to be a hit for the whole family. You may just earn “cool mom on the block” status with these babies!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Not only are these no-bake energy bites irresistible at home, but they also make the perfect on-the-go snack or lunch item. Pop a few in a ziplock baggie with an ice pack and they'll be just as good later in the day. Now, roll up your sleeves, grab those pantry staples, and let's get to rollin' those oatmeal balls!
WHY YOU SHOULD MAKE NO-BAKE ENERGY BITES
Tired of the same old PB&J? Feel like breaking up with hot oatmeal? These no-energy peanut butter energy bites will have you using up those tired ingredients in a whole new way. Plus, they pack a protein punch to keep you going and are ridiculously cheap and easy to make. Here are some of our favorite ways to use up these tasty bites!
- They make an easy grab-and-go breakfast when you're running late!
- Pop a few in a baggie for a mid-morning snack to keep you full until lunch.
- Speaking of lunch… these ARE a great lunch!
- Throw these puppies together for a boost before a late-night study sesh, an at-home workout, or as an appetizer for a budget date night!
- Have them for dessert when your sweet tooth is aching!
See, they are so versatile! The possibilities are endless.
NO-BAKE PEANUT BUTTER ENERGY BITES ADD-INS
There are SO many ways to make these delicious no-bake energy bites your own! Mix in whatever you have on hand in that super organized pantry of yours to up your shelf cooking queen status. 😉 These are some of our favorites!
- 1 tsp Chia seeds
- 1 tsp Flaxseeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Chopped nuts
- Trail mix
- Chopped dried fruit
- Shaved coconut (You can even roll your oatmeal balls in these when they are finished!)
- Crushed pretzels
- Graham cracker crumbs
Get creative but remember not to add too much. The more you add to your no-bake energy bites, the dryer they will be and they need to be moist to roll! If you find yourself with dry oatmeal balls, add in more peanut butter or honey until the consistency is right again.
Like any great shelf cooking recipe, these no-bake energy bites can be made with simple modifications to use what you already have in stock! Not a fan of classic peanut butter? Any nut butter will do! Did you use the last of the honey on your toast this morning? Reach for the maple syrup instead!
With only a few ingredients needed, you are bound to have something in your pantry to whip these bad boys up!
NO-BAKE PEANUT BUTTER ENERGY BITES RECIPE
Now that you know just how EASY PEASY this no-bake energy bites recipe is, it's time to get to work. Grab those ingredients and let's get on with the recipe already!
No-Bake Energy Bites
- 1 ⅓ cup oats (old fashion is best but quick oats work)
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup dark or semisweet chocolate chips
- Any additional add-ins, optional
- Add oats, chocolate chips, and any additional add-ins to a mixing bowl and mix together.
- Add peanut butter and honey, then mix completely.
- Refrigerate for an hour (or more) until mixture is cold.
- Roll into bite-sized balls and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Seriously, don't those look amazing!? Our stomachs are growling over here just writing about them!
Whether you need to use up the last of your peanut butter and oats, or you're looking for an easy go-to snack for the whole family, these no-bake energy bites check all the boxes.
What's your favorite pantry friendly snack? Share with us in the comments below!
Looking for more kid friendly recipes and food hacks? If so, check out these posts, too!
- Make some of these DIY Lunchables for an easy on-the-go lunch for you AND the kids!
- Dealing with a picky eater? Learn how to meal plan foods your kids will ACTUALLY eat!
- You NEED to try these 10 hidden veggie recipes the family will LOVE!
Well, that's all for now guys… let's roll!