These leftover pot roast recipes will make the whole family sing for joy and beg for seconds! Whether you're craving soup, sandwiches, or a comforting casserole, we've got just what you need to use up those leftovers in the most delicious way without wasting a single bite!
So, you've just made our ah-ma-zing slow cooker pot roast recipe and you've got a Tupperware dish full of leftovers you're just not sure what to do with! Well, no worries, friend. We've got over fifteen delicious leftover pot roast recipes to help you make the most of your leftovers and get every single penny out of that roast!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Sure, you can simply reheat your pot roast and eat it as is for a yummy meal… or you can transform that baby into something brand new and irresistible! From street tacos to French dip sandwiches, and everything in between, there's a recipe on this list for everyone. Trust us, even the leftover haters won't know what hit them. 😉
LEFTOVER POT ROAST CASSEROLES
Looking for an easy casserole? We've got you. Hooray for fewer dishes to clean!
- Tater Tot Casserole – This tater tot casserole recipe is a quick and easy family favorite and it's even better when you add in a little leftover pot roast!
- Beef Pot Pie – Take our favorite chicken pot pie from Fun Cheap or Free and turn it into beef pot pie! Use your leftover pot roast for a delicious table-ready dinner in no time.
- Shepherd's Pie – Use our tried and true shepherd's pie recipe and simply swap the meat. You won't regret it!
- Tamale Casserole – Spice up your leftover pot roast with some taco seasoning and toss it in this mouth-watering tamale casserole recipe!
- Pot Roast Casserole – This pot roast casserole from Betty Crocker is such a tasty way to use up that leftover beef!
These leftover pot roast casseroles will seriously hit the spot and make some delicious comfort food.
SANDWICHES AND SOUPS TO MAKE WITH LEFTOVER POT ROAST
Craving a hot soup or a nice, warm sandwich? These soups and sandwiches made with leftover pot roast will not disappoint!
- Pot Roast Grilled Cheese – This is a totally grown-up version of a kid classic! Use whatever cheese you have on hand!
- Pot Roast Sandwich – Toss that leftover pot roast on a toasted bun and layer it with cheese, peppers, pickles, or cole slaw for a tastebud explosion! Make these oven-roasted carrots as the perfect nutritious side, too.
- Patty Melt – Instead of a ground beef patty, toss on some leftover pot roast. Mmm hmmmm. You can even include leftover veggies from your roast for even more flavor.
- French Dip Sandwiches – This one is just calling leftover pot roast's name! Grab some French bread or some leftover rolls and stuff with your leftover meat. Dip it in a delicious au jus or some of the leftover juices from your roast. Don't forget to serve up some easy asparagus to go with it!
- Beef and Wild Rice Soup – This yummy beef and wild rice soup recipe from Taste of Home calls for ground beef, but that can easily be swapped for leftover pot roast with delicious results!
- Beef and Vegetable Stew – Simply grab your favorite beefy stew recipe, but ditch the stew meat and toss in leftover pot roast instead. Use the leftover veggies from your roast, too!
Is your mouth watering yet? Yes, please.
OTHER OUT-OF-THE-BOX RECIPES
These leftover pot roast ideas are easy as pie and do not disappoint on taste. From fiesta flavors to beef and noodles, these recipes will satisfy everyone in the fam!
- Quesadillas – This steak quesadilla recipe is just as good with leftover pot roast instead!
- Pot Roast Mac and Cheese – Whip up our delicious mac and cheese recipe, and throw in some chopped up leftover pot roast for a protein-packed twist!
- Sweet Potato Hash – Another fun twist on our breakfast sweet potato hash! Throw in leftover pot roast and serve it up for dinner!
- Taquitos – This taquito recipe freezes great and can be made with any meat you have on hand!
- Street Tacos – Add some taco seasoning, roll out homemade tortillas, chop up some onion and cilantro, drizzle on lime juice, and BAM! You've got a restaurant-worthy street taco made with leftover pot roast.
- Baked Tacos – For a one-dish meal with less clean-up, these baked tacos are incredibly easy and taste great. Just season up the meat and it's ready to go!
- Beef and Noodles – This beef and noodles recipe from Self Proclaimed Foodie is so easy. Especially when you use leftover pot roast meat!
Delicious, right?! Stop thinking leftovers have to be eaten in the same ol' boring way and transform them into a bonafide second meal with one of these leftover pot roast recipes. Also, check out our post all about why we think leftovers are the key to successful shelf cooking!
What's your favorite way to reuse your leftover pot roast? Share it with us in the comments below!
Want more recipes and kitchen hacks?
- Try out these 12 ways to use up leftover pasta and never let it go to waste again!
- Turn any leftovers into a delicious soup. We'll show you how!
- Check out all these simple recipes for leftover rice and put this kitchen staple to good use!
Have a great roast of your day! 😉