Take it easy tonight and make one of these incredible one-pot dinner ideas! Easy and cheap, these meals make for super easy clean up, too. We call that a shelf cooking win! *Air five!
We are all about making our time spent in the kitchen both easy and delicious! Whether it's make-ahead freezer meals or sheet pan dinners, we're all about that easy clean up time. If you're not wanting to use the hot oven, then try these delicious one-pot dinner ideas instead! Your family will love how delicious they are and you'll love how easily they clean up. Winning!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
From egg roll in a bowl to a complete meatloaf dinner, these one-pot dinners will satisfy all. Especially the one on kitchen clean up duty. 😉 Between the skillet, Instant Pot, and slow cooker, you have everything you need to whip up some of your favorite dinners. We're talking quicker, easier, and with less mess in only one pot! Let's do it!
EASY INSTANT POT DINNER IDEAS
The Instant Pot is perfect for one-pot dinners! Toss in everything you need and let it g. Not only will you have fewer dishes to clean, but your meal will be ready in a fraction of the time!
- Chicken Alfredo – Wait, what? Alfredo in the Instant Pot?? YES! Grab our ridiculously easy Alfredo recipe. Toss in some veggies before you cook to make it a complete meal. You can even mix it up with shrimp instead of chicken if that's your jam!
- Fried Rice – Get your fried rice fix with this easy peasy Instant Pot fried rice recipe from Living Smart and Healthy. Keep it meatless or toss in some leftover meat you need to use up!
- Hawaiian Chicken and Rice – This all-in Hawaiian chicken and rice recipe is a crowd pleaser and can definitely stand on its own!
- Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs – Try this Instant Pot spaghetti recipe from Easy Dinner Ideas. Toss in some of the frozen meatballs you made ahead last month and you're ready to go!
- Meatloaf Dinner – This meatloaf dinner recipe from Savory Nothings has it all! Meatloaf, carrots, and mashed potatoes all in one single pot… Wow! All of the delicious comfort, none of the mess!
It's hard to find a reason NOT to cook one of these delicious one-pot Instant Pot dinners tonight, isn't it?
PASTA ONE-POT DINNER IDEAS
These one-pot dinner ideas all include one of our favorite pantry staples… pasta! Cheap and filling, pasta is loved by kids and grown-ups alike.
- Lasagna Roll-Ups – Our lasagna roll-ups recipe comes with five adaptations! You can even make it Mexican. OH YUM!
- Chicken Pot Pie Noodles – Two comfort foods blended into one dish? Yes, please. Get this yummy chicken pot pie noodle recipe from Life Made Simple.
- Beef Stroganoff – This classic beef stroganoff recipe from Cooking Classy is all-i,n so there's only one pot to clean!
- One-Pot Southwest Pasta – This southwest pasta from The Wholesome Dish is packed with so much flavor, it's hard to believe it all cooks in one pot! Don't forget to use our homemade taco seasoning!
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta – Calling all buffalo sauce lovers! The Cozy Cook has a decadent one-pot version of this creamy dish.
- Chicken Spaghetti – This chicken spaghetti recipe from the Pioneer Woman is the bomb dot com. Make it heartier with extra veggies inside and forget making a side dish!
ONE-POT SKILLET DINNER IDEAS
All you need for these one-pot dinner ideas is an oven-safe skillet! We love a good cast iron skillet. With proper care, it will last for-everrr and it's perfect for one-pot dinners since it can slide right into the oven at any temp!
- Sweet Potato Hash – While this sweet potato hash is technically a breakfast recipe, who says you can't enjoy this bad boy for dinner, too? Yeah, it's that good! Toss in some green veggies for more variety.
- One-Pot Italian Pasta – This one-pot pasta dish from Martha Stewart is an easy classic! Toss it all in one pot (hence the name!) and voila.
- Egg Roll in a Bowl – This egg roll in a bowl recipe from Eating on a Dime is hearty and filling. Even your picky eaters will gobble up this Asian-inspired dish!
- Shepherd's Pie – We love a good one-pot comfort dish. This shepherd's pie recipe checks all the boxes. Plus, you can make this using nothing but leftovers!
- Tex-Mex Cabbage Beef Skillet – This delicious Tex-Mex cabbage beef skillet from The Foodie Affair only uses a few ingredients and tastes so darn good.
- Easy Verde Chicken Enchilada Skillet – This one-pot enchilada skillet from Aimee Mars is perfect for using up leftover rotisserie chicken. Huzzah!
Is fitting an entire dinner into a single skillet intensely satisfying to anyone else?? Oh, just us… Ah well. Trust us, you'll be hooked when you see how easy it is to clean up afterward!
ONE-POT RICE DISHES
Ahhh, another classic pantry staple. Rice! These one-pot dinners are perfect for tight budgets and picky taste buds
- Cajun Sausage and Rice – In the mood for some cajun flair? This cajun sausage and rice from Budget Bytes is drool-worthy!
- One-Pot BBQ Chicken and Rice – Try this incredible BBQ Chicken and Rice from Table for Two!
- Spanish Rice and Beans – This well-rounded Spanish rice and beans dish from Dishing Out Health is a Meatless Monday dream! Make a gourmet meal for pennies using pantry staples you already have.
- Chicken and Rice with Mushrooms – All you need to make this one-pot dinner is chicken breasts, rice, cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix, and water. Add it all to the dish and bake at 350°F for one hour. Mmhmm. Toss in some extra sliced mushrooms and broccoli florets if you're feeling healthy!
- Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup – Gimme Some Oven has a great creamy chicken and wild rice soup that is made using only one pot. Pair it with our favorite rustic bread!
Did someone say dinner time?? We're on our way!
DELICIOUS CROCKPOT DINNERS
Much like the Instant Pot dinners, these crockpot recipes are dump-and-go! Toss in what you need in the morning and you'll have a complete meal waiting for you by dinner with only one pot to clean. Could it get any better? Nah…
- Potato Soup – This potato soup recipe is a (busy) shelf cooker's dream. Add in extra bacon or some cooked ground beef from your freezer to make it a complete meal.
- Cheesy Crock Pot Chicken and Rice – This cheesy chicken and rice recipe from Real Housemoms is simple and ah-ma-zing!
- Stuffed Bell Peppers – Stuff your peppers with raw ground beef (or chicken or turkey!) and your favorite spices and veggies. Top with cheese and cook on low for 8 hours. Stuff with leftover cooked rice if you have any to make this dish even more filling!
- Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice – This red beans and rice recipe from Add a Pinch is so easy and so good.
- Crockpot Chili – Excellent on a cool day, this crockpot chili recipe will be ready in a snap!
And there you have it! No matter your preferred mode of cooking, you now have an arsenal of one-pot dinner ideas for those nights when you just don't want to have to clean up. Oh, who are we kidding… that's every night for us!
Do you have a go-to one pot dinner idea? Share it with us below!
Want more awesome dinner ideas and kitchen hacks? Check these out!
- Discover the truth about store brand vs name brand and know when to splurge!
- Follow up your one-pot dinner with this INCREDIBLE 3-ingredient Snickers apple salad!
- Try this brilliant Panko bread crumb substitute next time you run out!
Now, grab your pot and let's make dinner!