Serving steamed veggies with every meal is easy, but after a while, it gets boring! Want to try something better? These broccoli recipes will have you and your kids craving more vegetables!
Maybe you've got a head of broccoli that you need to use pronto, or maybe your freezer is just FULL of bags of frozen veggies from 4/$5 sale. (Same!) Either way, we bet you're looking for ways to use all that broccoli! Well, you're in the right place because we've got more than a dozen ideas, including options for picky eaters.
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
From soup to salads and even cheesy casseroles, we've got a recipe for every occasion! So, gather up that broccoli, and let's get to cooking. Without further ado, here are 14 easy, delicious broccoli recipes you have to try. Let's do this!
MAKE BROCCOLI PART OF THE MAIN DISH
Want to make broccoli part of a one-dish dinner? Try these super easy and ridiculously delicious recipes:
- Shrimp & Broccoli Stir Fry – It does not get easier than this one, you guys. We’re talking 15-minute dinner for the win. Use fresh, frozen, or whatever you’ve got. This shrimp and broccoli stir fry recipe is a must-try.
- Beef with Broccoli – You know that tasty dish they serve up at your favorite Asian restaurant? Well, it turns out you can make it at home for a fraction of the cost! You have to try this slow cooker beef with broccoli recipe from Recipe Critic. It’s a perfect way to use up leftover broccoli.
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup – This seriously might be our favorite soup of all time. If you haven’t tried our 30-minute broccoli cheddar soup yet, you are missing out. Run, don’t walk to check out that recipe.
- Chicken Alfredo with Broccoli – Give pasta night a healthy dose of veggies! We love to add onion and mushrooms to our Chicken Alfredo, too. P.S. if you’ve got an Instant Pot, check out this Chicken Alfredo recipe. If not, our easy homemade Alfredo sauce is for you!
Now that you’ve got four incredible main dishes to try let’s keep it moving! Next up: broccoli-filled side dishes.
THE BEST SIDE DISH BROCCOLI RECIPES
Ready to make your sidekick the star of the show? We know you’ll love these broccoli recipes:
- Broccoli Casserole – Cheese + Ritz crackers = our love language. Your kids might not even notice there are veggies involved. 😉 Try this amazing broccoli casserole recipe from Allrecipes.
- Broccoli Tots – If you love tots as much as Napoleon Dynamite, then you’re gonna love this! Have some tots without all the guilt. Whip up this recipe from Just a Taste with a handful of basic ingredients.
- Garlic Roasted Broccoli – Roasted veggies taste SO much better than steamed! Preheat your oven to 425°F, then lay your broccoli flat on a baking dish. We use frozen all the time! Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, and fresh garlic, then bake for 20-25 minutes. You can add a spritz of lemon juice and a handful of grated Parmesan if you’d like!
- Broccoli with Cheese Sauce – Whip up a quick batch of cheese sauce, or melt some Velveeta. Most kids will try anything that has cheese on top. You could even serve up broccoli and cheese baked potatoes! Leftover chili? Toss that on top, too.
- Bang Bang Broccoli – Make some of the sauce from this Bang Bang shrimp recipe, toss your broccoli in it, and then sauté in a pan for 10 to 12 minutes with some olive oil or roast in the oven at 425°F for around 20 minutes. Yum!
- Buffalo Broccoli – Calling all vegetarians! Have you tried our Buffalo cauliflower? This recipe works for broccoli, too.
Anyone else craving some broccoli already? Oh, just you wait! We’ve got more yumminess on the way. Next up: dips and salads.
4 SALAD & DIP BROCCOLI RECIPES
Don’t let the word “salad” scare you! These broccoli recipes are incredible:
- Broccoli Slaw – Broccoli slaw is amazing on its own but if you add some shrimp or shredded chicken, you can a whole meal out of it. We like adding some uncooked Ramen noodles or sunflower seeds for a nice crunch! You can adapt this easy broccoli slaw recipe from Love and Lemons to use the ingredients you have on hand.
- Cheesy Bacon Broccoli Salad – Cheese, bacon, and mayo? Sign us up! Chop six cups of broccoli and toss in a large mixing bowl. Add 1 cup of shredded cheddar, 1 cup of mayonnaise, 1/4 cup sliced or chopped red onions, 3/4 cup of sugar, and 10 strips of crumbled bacon. Mix thoroughly and refrigerate before serving. You can go to town with the mix-ins if you like! Try green onions or cranberries.
- Broccoli Salad Dip – We’ve never met a dip we don’t like! Skip the boring veggie tray at your next party and serve this broccoli salad dip from My Recipes instead.
- Marinated Broccoli – Ready for something EASY? Chop three heads of broccoli into florets, place them in a bowl with 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar and 1 packet of Italian dressing mix. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours, then serve and enjoy!
See? Salads can be fun!
WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE WAY TO SERVE BROCCOLI?
Now you've got more than a dozen ways to put your next broccoli haul to good use! The toughest part will be deciding which recipe to try first.
These are just a few of our faves, but we'd love to hear about yours! What's your favorite broccoli recipe? Let us know in the comments.
Looking for more veggie recipes?
- Learn how to make the perfect roasted carrots.
- Try these incredible bacon and balsamic Brussels sprouts!
- Check out this side dish recipe roundup for 30+ ideas.