Sometimes you have chicken in your fridge or freezer just BEGGING to be cooked! We've rounded up our favorite baked chicken recipes that'll help keep you out of that same old recipe rut. Your family will love the variety, and you'll love how easy they are!
Chicken is one of the cheapest and most versatile meats out there. You can never go wrong with a delicious and easy, plain chicken breast paired with anything you can find in your fridge, freezer, or pantry. While that's easy and all, sometimes you get tired of the same old, same old.
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Lucky for you, we've rounded up 20 of the best baked chicken recipes! We're talking chicken breasts, tenderloins, and even chicken thighs. Plus, some of our favorite sheet pan recipes will make that chicken easy to throw together and clean up! All we can say is good luck figuring out which recipe you want to make first. They're all pretty delicious!
BAKED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES
Alright, let's get this party started! You're going to love these baked chicken breast recipes. They're all perfect for feeding the whole crew and the leftovers reheat really well. If you already have some pre-cooked shredded chicken in the freezer, feel free to use it in these recipes. It'll make them cook a lot quicker!
- Chicken Ranch Pasta Bake – Life in the Lofthouse's chicken ranch recipe is about to rock your world! Serve it with some steamed veggies and a side of fruit and your dinner will be made.
- Oven-Baked Chicken Parmesan – This recipe from Chef Savvy is seriously the bomb! You can make it on the stovetop, but throwing it in the oven makes it easy as pie for you. Just have some pasta and tomato sauce ready, and you've got a quick and easy meal that feels fancy.
- Tuscan Garlic Chicken Bake – Chicken, spinach, artichoke hearts, mozzarella… Yes, please! Take a little trip to Italy with this recipe from Easy Family Recipes. Serve it with potatoes, rice, pasta, cauliflower rice, zoodles, on a panini, or any other way that sounds good to you.
- Cheesy Chicken Parmesan Pasta Bake – Dice up some chicken and cook it on the stovetop while your pasta cooks (or use some shredded chicken). Throw it all in a casserole dish with some Parmesan, mozzarella cheese, and pasta sauce and bake until it's all warm and gooey.
CHICKEN RECIPES USING SOUP
- Chicken and Rice – Mmmhmmm… Did your grandma always make this for you, too? All you need is some chicken breast, long-grain rice, cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, water, and onion soup mix. Bake at 350°F for an hour and 15 minutes and you'll be right back at Grandma's house in a jiffy!
- Creamy Chicken Bake – You are going to love this delicious recipe from Sweet Little Bluebird! It uses ingredients you probably already have and it makes the best sauce. Serve it over some rice or pasta with a side of steamed veggies (broccoli is always good!).
- Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Rice Casserole – You can't go wrong with our easy chicken broccoli recipe that will stretch to feed the whole family, and then some!
Pro Tip: Easily substitute the chicken breasts for tenderloins if that's all you've got. They won't take as long to bake since they're smaller, so make sure you adjust the cooking time. Nobody likes dry, overcooked chicken!
SHEET PAN CHICKEN RECIPES
We love sheet pan dinners. They're so simple, and you only have to use one thing to cook both the chicken and veggies on. That's why these are some of our favorite baked chicken recipes!
- Honey Balsamic Chicken Breasts and Veggies – This recipe from Damn Delicious is so easy and so versatile! You can use pretty much any veggies you have on hand: red potatoes, brown potatoes, sweet potatoes, asparagus, carrots, mushrooms, the sky's the limit.
- Teriyaki Ginger Sesame Chicken & Broccoli – Break out your favorite Chinese-inspired seasonings and sauces and you'll be on your way to this quick and healthy recipe from Beautiful Eats & Things in no time!
- Parmesan-Crusted Chicken and Veggies – Make an egg wash and crust your chicken in breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Throw it on a sheet pan, along with any sad veggies that need to be used, and bake until done!
- Chicken Fajitas – We have such a simple and quick sheet pan chicken fajitas recipe you definitely need to try out!
- Chicken Thighs and Roasted Harvest Vegetables – Flavour & Savour's recipe has got it going on! It's the perfect way to use up those red potatoes, sweet potatoes, zucchini, shallots, and apples that are on their way out.
- Ranch Chicken and Potatoes – Toss your chicken breasts (or thighs) and diced potatoes in a little olive oil and ranch dressing powder. You're going to love how fast you can whip this yummy recipe from Real House Moms together!
BAKED CHICKEN THIGH RECIPES
If white meat chicken isn't your thang, no worries! These baked chicken thigh recipes are easy to throw together. Dark meat lovers, unite!
- Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs – Oh man, is your mouth already watering just reading that?! Dessert for Two has done it with this recipe. Pair it with some potatoes, rice, roasted veggies, or whatever you have! It goes well with pretty much anything.
- Fajita-Style Chicken and Veggies – Put your sliced bell peppers and onions in the bottom of an oiled baking dish. Add chicken thighs and drizzle with olive oil. Season with your favorite Mexican-inspired seasonings. Cover the pan with foil and bake at 375°F for about an hour until your chicken is done. Serve with your favorite salad and sweet potatoes (or whatever suits your fancy)!
- Man-Pleasing Chicken – If that title doesn't explain it all, then we don't know what will! It's basically Dijon mustard and maple syrup that ends up making an explosion of flavor in your mouth. You definitely don't want to miss out on this recipe from Just a Pinch.
- Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken – Your taste buds are going to explode with this one from Easy Chicken Recipes! It goes well with anything from potatoes, to rice, to pasta, to cauliflower rice, to steamed veggies.
- Chicken Thigh Mushroom Casserole – If you love mushrooms, then this recipe from Munchkin Time will not disappoint! Serve it with rice, pasta, or your favorite potatoes (we suggest these scalloped potatoes), and a side salad.
- Chicken Potato Bake – Diced potatoes, chicken thighs, mozzarella cheese… Need we say more?
- Garlic Butter Chicken and Rice – Diethood has outdone themselves with this Garlic Butter Chicken and Rice recipe! Serve it with some steamed broccoli and you'll have a delicious and easy meal the whole family will love.
See what we mean? These chicken prep ideas all so versatile and are the perfect way to shelf cook through your pantry, fridge and freezer.
Alright, well there you have it! 20 of the best baked chicken recipes that you could ask for. Do you have a favorite? Let us know in the comments!
Looking for more great ideas?
- Start cooking ground beef when you bring it home from the store and freeze it in meal-sized portions to make cooking dinner on busy weeknights go quicker!
- Make these easy and delicious homemade brownies to go with dinner!
- Just run out of chicken broth? Use one of these chicken broth substitutes and skip the store!
Winner winner chicken dinner!