This white chicken chili recipe is seriously the best! It's creamy, comforting, easy to make, and so dang good. Plus, you can make it three different ways and have it on the table in less than an hour!
Craving a big bowl of creamy comfort? This white chicken chili recipe is for you! We'll show you how to make it on the stovetop, the instant pot, and the crock pot. You choose what works best for you!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
This deliciously hearty soup will be become a family favorite for sure! Plus, it's a great recipe to double and freeze so make a double batch and save some for another meal. Okay, now let's get to this recipe!
WHITE CHICKEN CHILI ON THE STOVETOP
This white chicken chili recipe was made for the stovetop and man, is it easy! In just a few simple steps, you'll be simmering your way to a scrumptious dinner. Don't forget the homemade rolls, too!
WHAT TO EAT WITH WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
This soup is definitely good enough to stand on it's own, however, we have some delicious accompaniment ideas for you, too!
- Crackers – A good old fashioned saltine cracker is the perfect dipping agent for this white chicken chili. Plus they're cheap and delicious!
- Cornbread – This cornbread recipe is ready from scratch in just 20 minutes!
- Homemade Bread – This rustic bread is the easiest you'll ever make!
- Salad – Salad is the perfect fresh counterpart to a hot bowl of chili. Use whatever veggies you have on hand for a quick topping!
Whatever you choose, or if you choose to eat the chili without sides, you can't go wrong!
MAKE IT IN THE INSTANT POT
Don't have time to make anything on the stovetop? This stovetop white chicken chili recipe is so easy to whip up in the Instant Pot, too! Here's how to do it.
- Add oil, chicken, garlic, and onions to the pot and set to sautee. Cook until chicken is cooked through and onions are soft.
- Add all other ingredients to the Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 12 minutes. Quick release when time is done.
Plan for the Instant Pot to take about 15 minutes to come up to pressure before the time begins. The Instant Pot makes this quick and easy meal even quicker and easier. Heck to the yes!
WHITE CHICKEN CHILI IN THE SLOW COOKER
Need to set it and forget it? The slow cooker works great for this white chicken chili recipe, too! Here's how.
- Just like the other versions, sautee the chicken, garlic, and onions in oil in a pot on the stove.
- When cooked through, add all ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on low for 4-8 hours.
Your house will smell absolutely ah-mazing with this soup in the slow cooker! Mhmmm.
THE BEST WHITE CHICKEN CHILI RECIPE
Are you ready to give this recipe a try? Trust us, you won't regret this one!
Creamy White Chicken Chili
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 lbs chicken cubed
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cans white beans rinsed
- 4 oz green chiles
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 oz cream cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded cheese
- green onion
- sour cream
- In a large pot, over medium-high heat, add oil, chicken, onion, and garlic. Saute until chicken is cooked and onions are soft.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pot and bring to a boil. For a smoother consistency, blend cream cheese with chicken broth before adding.
- Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add toppings and enjoy!
Mouth watering? Ours is…. This white chicken chili recipe is definitely on our dinner list now!
What's your favorite way to eat white chicken chili? Tell us in the comments below!
Want more delicious recipes?
- Craving something else creamy? This chicken gnocchi soup will hit the spot!
- This crockpot potato soup is another fave around here.
- Our recipe for broccoli cheddar soup is fail-proof!
Have a chili-tastic day!