Nothing says hearty like a big ole steak dinner, right? But what on earth do you do with the leftovers?! Well, we're going to show you our favorite leftover steak recipes so those pricey cuts never go to waste again!
It's no secret that steak is expensive at the store. Get every penny out of this pricey cut by never letting a single bite go to waste! If you're shaking your head in disbelief thinking leftover steak is for the birds then we're here to tell you that you're wrong!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Don't do us dirty by tossing those leftover steak pieces in the garbage. Our shelf cooking hearts just can't take it! From breakfast to dinner, we're going to knock your socks off with these delicious leftover steak recipes and make you a believer with a single bite. Let's get to it!
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER STEAK
Before we get to the mouth-watering leftover steak recipes, let's go over the basics of how to store your cooked steak. If you plan to use your leftover steak within 5 days, then keep it in an airtight container in the fridge. Pull it out whenever you're ready and it'll be good to go!
If you're not planning to use your leftover steak within that timeframe, store it in an airtight freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Pull it out 24-48 hours before you need it and let it thaw in the fridge.
Pro Tip: To prevent senseless waste, make sure you check out our post on how to prevent freezer burn!
LEFTOVER STEAK RECIPES FOR BREAKFAST
Who says you can't have steak for breakfast? Not us, that's for sure! Check out these drool-worthy steak breakfast ideas and try one this morning.
- Egg Muffin Cups – Make this yummy egg muffin cup recipe with chopped-up leftover steak. Freeze them, then thaw whenever you need a quick breakfast!
- Breakfast Burritos – Whip up these easy peasy breakfast burritos for a freezer-ready breakfast. Use that leftover steak for a major shelf cooking win!
- Steak Omelet – Chop up that leftover steak and throw it into your omelet along with any other veggies you have laying around. Yum!
- Steak and Egg Hash – Try this winning sweet potato hash recipe with steak added in! You won't regret it.
- Breakfast Casserole – Whip up your favorite egg casserole and toss the steak right in! Chop it up into small bits so it's easier to eat in the dish.
Talk about delicious… We are all about repurposing leftovers around here and this is just the way to do it!
EASY LUNCH IDEAS
Still not sold on the idea of leftover steak? These leftover steak recipes for lunch will make you a convert for sure.
- Steak Quesadillas – These cheesy steak quesadillas are a great way to curb that Mexican food craving. Plus, they literally take minutes to make!
- Steak Tacos – Toss your leftover steak strips on a homemade tortilla and top with your favorite things. Spice it up with our homemade taco seasoning, too!
- Rice Bowls – Pre-cook the rice and this rice bowl lunch can be thrown together in seconds!
- Fajita Nachos – Grab a baking sheet and make a giant platter for the whole fam! Try our easy fruit salsa on top for a twist the kids will gobble up.
- Steak Salad – If you love a good steak salad, try this Brio Tuscan Grille copycat recipe from Fun Cheap or Free. The horseradish dressing is sooooo good!
- Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich – Add bell peppers, onion, or anything else you need to use up and smother it with all the cheese. Yes, please!
- Lettuce Wraps – Add in your favorite fresh veggies and top with a tasty Asian sauce!
These leftover steak recipes are sure to please even the pickiest of leftover haters! It's easy to learn to love your leftovers with recipe ideas like these. 😉
LEFTOVER STEAK RECIPES FOR DINNER
Whip up a delicious meal in a fraction of the time with your pre-cooked leftover steak. Here are some of our best quick and easy leftover steak recipes for dinner!
- Shepherd's Pie – Forget the ground beef and try our shepherd's pie recipe with chopped-up leftover steak!
- Beef and Broccoli – This beef and broccoli recipe from Tasty is so easy to make and it's finger-licking good!
- Steak Fried Rice – Toss leftover steak into your favorite fried rice recipe. Don't forget to try our homemade soy sauce substitute!
- Beef Stroganoff – This beef stroganoff recipe from Gimme Some Oven only takes 30 minutes to make!
- Chimichanga – Grab our favorite chimichanga recipe and toss that leftover steak in! Mmm hmmm.
- Lo Mein – Momsdish has a great steak Lo Mein dish you need to try. Shelf cook it and make it your own by using whatever veggies you already have!
- Steak Stew – Skip the stew meat and use that leftover steak instead!
No matter what cuisine you're craving, we've got a dish to satisfy your tastebuds and keep your grocery budget happy! Trust us, you won't even know it's leftover.
What's your favorite way to use up leftover steak? Share your ideas with us in the comments below!
Want more tasty meal ideas? Make sure to check these out!
- Dust off that Instant Pot and try these 35+ delicious ideas!
- Use up that summer zucchini with these 15 zucchini recipes for the whole family!
- This list of make-ahead freezer meals will keep you stocked up for a month!
Make no mis-steak, leftover steak is great! 😉