If you're looking for some of the easiest, cheapest, and most delicious recipes around, then stop scrolling! This post is the holy grail. Keep on reading for easy 3-ingredient recipes sure to please any palate.
We don't like messy, fussy, or wasteful cooking around here. If you're new to shelf cooking, welcome! Here's the skinny: we shop our pantries and fridge instead of the store, and we use up all our ingredients, wasting less and saving more. And that might mean that recipes with a handful of ingredients are pretty much our best friend!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
We had so much fun sharing our 2-ingredient recipe round-up with you that we figured we'd do it again and add one more ingredient to the mix! Are you ready to try some of the yummiest main dishes, desserts, bread, and sides around? We've got 10+ easy 3-ingredient recipes coming your way. (Not all heroes wear capes!)
3-INGREDIENT SIDE DISHES
Whether you're serving up soup and salad, need a little something extra to go with your casserole, or just love carb-loading (we don't judge!), then these recipes are for you! Try one of these 3-ingredients faves:
- Buttermilk Biscuits – You have to try this recipe! Jordan's grandma's buttermilk biscuits only require three ingredients, and they're SO flaky and perfect. Put a little taste of the south in your mouth!
- Rustic Bread – This 3-ingredient rustic bread is semi-famous at this point! If you've been following us for a while, you may have seen it. Haven't tried it yet? Here's your sign!
- Roasted Carrots – All you need is olive oil, salt, and pepper for this tasty dish! Oh, and carrots, of course. Try our roasted carrots recipe!
With a little effort, you can turn just about any canned or frozen veggie into an amazing 3-ingredient side! Just add some chopped onion or bacon and some fresh herbs and roast those bad boys.
QUICK & EASY MAIN DISH IDEAS
If you need to get dinner on the table STAT, but your cupboards are bare, try one of these 3-ingredient main dishes:
- Crockpot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches – Whip up some coleslaw or macaroni and cheese to serve alongside these delicious slow cooker BBQ chicken sandwiches.
- Crockpot Salsa Chicken – This crockpot salsa chicken is the definition of set it and forget it! Serve the meat atop Mexican rice or on tacos.
- Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork Sandwiches – This juicy pulled pork shreds right on the fork and is finger-looking good!
- Steak Quesadillas – You only need leftover beef, cheese, and tortillas to make these easy steak quesadillas!
All four of those recipes are shelf cooking gold, tried-and-true favorites around here. And those slow cooker dishes freeze beautifully, so double the recipes and save some for later!
EASY 3-INGREDIENT DESSERT RECIPES
No meal is complete without a sweet ending, right? You'll love how easy these 3-ingredients treats are:
- Snickers Apple Salad – Use up those leftover apples and whip up a batch of this 3-ingredient Snickers apple salad. It's the best salad you'll ever taste!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins – This recipe is foolproof and delicious! Learn how to make 3-ingredient pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.
- 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies – Combine one cup of sugar, one cup of peanut butter, and one egg. Drop spoonfuls of the mixture on a greased or lined baking sheet, make a criss-cross pattern on each cookie with a fork, then bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes.
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries – Technically, these only require two ingredients, but we usually like to add a topping or two! These chocolate-covered strawberries are a perfect gift or date-night trip.
Anyone else super hungry now? Our sweet tooth is begging for one of these!
3-INGREDIENT BREAKFAST IDEAS
Okay, last but not least, let's talk about everyone's favorite meal of the day! It's breakfast time, you guys. Here are a couple of three-ingredient recipes that will make mornings a whole lot easier:
- Breakfast Burritos – All you need are some eggs, tortillas, and cheese to make a mean breakfast burrito. If you have other leftovers lying around, you can toss those in as a nice bonus!
- 3-Ingredient Healthy Pancakes – In a blender, combine one cup of rolled oats, one cup of Greek yogurt (we like to use vanilla-flavored), and two eggs. Pour the batter onto a griddle and cook until browned, flipping halfway through. YUM!
- Avocado Toast – Mash one avocado with a little lemon juice and salt, then spread it on a piece of toast for a super filling and healthy morning meal.
A quick bowl of oatmeal with fruit and brown sugar is a good option when in doubt, too!
There you go! You've got a dozen new 3-ingredient recipes to try. Now the hard part is deciding which one to make first!
Do you have a go-to 3-ingredient recipe? Do tell! Leave us a comment below.
Here are a few more 3- or 2-ingredient recipes we think you'll love!
- This copycat Red Robin campfire sauce is life-changing!
- Jordan's famous hot cocoa is a perfect holiday treat, but you can also enjoy it year-round!
- Give these 40 quick and easy dinner ideas a try!
Chow for now!