Hey, seafood lovers! This post is for you. Skip that next trip to your favorite restaurant and try this super easy, perfectly cooked parmesan tilapia recipe instead!
Look, we love endless shrimp night as much as the next gal, but do you know what we love even more? Saving money! You don't have to eat out to enjoy a delicious seafood feast with your fam, and this recipe is proof.
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
There are a lot of recipes for parmesan tilapia, but they often end up soggy and flavorless. (Womp, womp!) Our goal was to create a perfectly cooked piece of fish loaded with flavor and easy enough to add to the weeknight rotation. Here it is!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH PARMESAN TILAPIA
We're here to make meal planning a lot less stressful, so if you're looking for side dish ideas that are the perfect complement to fish, then look no further! Here are several yummy options:
- Mashed Potatoes – We love to pair fish with a potato to make the meal more filling. These easy mashed potatoes come together in no time!
- Rice – Brown rice, white rice, or even our favorite cilantro lime rice are great options!
- Roasted Carrots – We think carrots are highly underrated! Learn how to make the perfect oven-roasted carrots and add a little color to your plate.
- Brussels Sprouts – This recipe for roasted bacon & balsamic Brussels sprouts is incredible! They're restaurant-quality.
- Side Salad – You can never go wrong with some mixed greens and a quick batch of homemade vinaigrette.
- Biscuits – Add a little cheese and some garlic to these easy 3-ingredient biscuits! YUM.
- Green Beans – Here's one of our busy-night go-to sides. Just pop open a can of green beans and add a little bacon and butter.
Bon appetit! Do a quick kitchen inventory and mix and match these side options based on what you already have.
HOW TO STORE & USE YOUR LEFTOVERS
Let's say you end up with leftover tilapia. First of all, LUCKY. (We said that in our best Napoleon Dynamite voice, FYI.) Second of all, here's what you can do!
HOW TO FREEZE OR REFRIGERATE LEFTOVER PARMESAN TILAPIA
Can you freeze these leftovers? How long do they last in the refrigerator? Both great questions! Here are the answers:
- Freezer Instructions – This dish is best frozen before you bake, so it's a good idea to double prep a batch but only cook one. To freeze, pop the unbaked fish in an airtight container, then thaw overnight in the refrigerator when you're ready to use it. Cook within three months and follow the recipe instructions once thawed.
- Refrigerator Instructions – Want to keep your cooked fish fresh so you can eat it another time? Place it in an airtight bag or container, refrigerate, and use it within 48 hours. Fish doesn't last as long in the fridge as most other foods!
If you decide to refrigerate those leftovers and you want to reuse them creatively, you've got options, so keep on reading!
WAYS TO REPURPOSE LEFTOVER TILAPIA
Okay, if you don't like eating the same meal twice, here are a few clever, easy ways to use your leftover parmesan tilapia:
- Fish Sandwich – Grab a few leftover hamburger buns and make some fish filet sandwiches. McDonald's got nothing on you!
- Tilapia Cakes – Shred your leftover tilapia, and combine with one egg to form fish patties. Pan sear for 3-4 minutes on each side, and boom! You've got fish cakes.
- Fish & Eggs – There is nothing yummier than a couple of fried eggs served on top of some leftover tilapia! Warm your leftovers on a skillet to get the crispy edges.
- Tilapia Tacos – We've never met a taco we don't like. Dice your leftovers and throw them in a tortilla with all your favorite toppings!
- Caesar Salad – Whip up a quick Caesar salad and add your tilapia for an easy one-dish meal.
Eating leftovers does not have to mean eating the same meal twice! As you can see, a little creativity goes a long way. Now, who's ready for that recipe? Let's get to it.
HOW TO MODIFY THIS RECIPE
Alright, before we share the world's yummiest tilapia recipe, let's shelf cook it up! If you need to swap out an ingredient or two, here are some options:
- Tilapia Substitute – If you don't have tilapia, another white, flaky fish will work. Try flounder or trout instead.
- Mayonnaise Substitute – All out of mayo? Make your own homemade mayo! You can also just use plain Greek yogurt or sour cream instead.
- Parmesan Cheese Substitute – If you don't have any parmesan, swap in another shredded cheese.
Easy, peasy! This simple recipe uses mainly kitchen staples, so you shouldn't have too many problems whipping this up with the items you have on hand. So, without further ado, it's recipe time!
AN EASY PARMESAN TILAPIA RECIPE
This quick, easy, and relatively healthy main dish will soon become a part of your regular weeknight rotation! It's perfectly crisp on the outside of full of flavor and ready in less than 15 minutes.
- 6 tilapia fillets
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp softened butter
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
- Adjust oven rack to top and turn on the broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except tilapia.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking spray. Place the tilapia on top. Broil for 3-4 minutes, depending on thickness, and flip.
- Evenly divide the parmesan mixture and spread out on top of tilapia. Return to oven and bake for an additional 3-4 minutes. That’s it!
Want a dessert to round out this meal? This no-bake strawberry cream pie is so ridiculously delicious!
Well, there you have it! We hope your family enjoys this cheap, quick, and easy take on seafood night.
What's your all-time favorite seafood dish? Share your favorite recipe in the comments!
Want a few more recipes to try?
- These Baja-style fish tacos are incredible!
- Try this zucchini chicken casserole for a hearty, comforting meal.
- No big deal, but we perfected the recipe for Copycat Chick-fil-A chicken nuggets. You're welcome!
Have a fintastic day! (Sorry. We had to.)