Use up those delicious summer peaches with this easy and delicious peach muffin recipe. These are so good and simple to whip up, you'll want to make them all year round!
Peach season is here, shelf cookers! If you like this fuzzy little fruit as much as we do, you're probably looking for ways to incorporate it into just about everything you eat. Well, never fear because we're here to share the best, and we do mean the best, peach muffin recipe with you!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Not only is this peach muffin recipe super easy to make, but it's totally drool-worthy, too! Everyone in the family will be begging for more. Okay, enough chit-chat, let's get to this recipe already!
HOW TO MAKE YOUR PEACH MUFFINS MAGICALLY DISAPPEAR
This peach muffin recipe is seriously so easy to make and so dang good! Besides just eating them straight out of the oven, here are a few of our favorite ways to use these muffins!
- Breakfast Time – We eat blueberry muffins for breakfast, so why not peach?! Serve these up with some scrambled eggs for a hearty and irresistible breakfast.
- Have Them for Dessert – Pop a dollop of homemade ice cream in a bowl with a peach muffin and you'll be in dessert heaven.
- Give Them as Gifts – Need an affordable gift idea for a friend or co-worker? Bake them up a batch of these yummy muffins, wrap them in cellophane with a ribbon, and you have a perfect gift!
Pssst! Looking for other fruit-inspired recipes? Make sure to check out our apple ring pancakes on our sister site, Fun Cheap or Free!
HOW TO STORE PEACH MUFFINS
To keep your peach muffins fresh and delicious, store them in an airtight container on the counter once they've completely cooled. Place a paper towel in your container before you place the muffins in and add another to the top before you secure the lid. Don't skip this step—it will keep the moisture from making your muffins soggy!
HOW TO FREEZE YOUR MUFFINS
If you can't finish your muffins, or you're just trying to be good and have some willpower, pop those babies in the freezer for a later date!
Here's exactly how to do it:
- Let your muffins cool completely.
- Wrap them individually with plastic wrap and store them in an airtight container in the freezer for up to six weeks.
- When ready to eat, thaw on the counter for one hour or defrost in the microwave.
Easy peasy. This peach muffin recipe freezes like a dream, so batch cook these babies and freeze some for the month, too!
WHAT TO DO WITH LEFTOVER PEACH MUFFINS
If you've made too many muffins, and you don't want to freeze them for later, here's what we suggest!
- Give Them Away – Homeless shelters love to get donations like these! Drop your leftover peach muffins off to give the shelter residents a sweet treat.
- Bread Pudding – This is a great way to use up leftover muffins of any kind! Cut leftover muffins into small chunks. Whisk together four eggs, a cup of milk, a cup of heavy cream, a cup of sugar, and then add the muffins to the mix. Cook in the oven at 350°F for about 30 minutes, and devour!
- Make Muffin Balls – You know, like cake balls, but with muffins! Get the kids involved for this fun treat.
You can't go wrong with any of those fun and delicious options!
EASY PEACH MUFFIN RECIPE SWAPS
In true shelf cooking style, we've got a list of easy swaps you can make in this recipe just in case you don't have one of these ingredients on hand!
- Oil – This recipe doesn't specify a type of oil, which means you can use any cooking oil you have on hand! Wahoo!
- Eggs – Check out our post here about all the best egg substitutes for recipes!
- Brown Sugar – Use all brown sugar like the recipe calls for or swap it for white if that's all you have! Try a combo of both if you're feeling funky.
- Peaches – Well, they won't really be peach muffins if you don't add peaches… but they'll still be delish! If you're fresh out of peaches, try this recipe with blueberries, strawberries, or any other fruit you need to use up! You can also use frozen peaches, just thaw them completely before using!
Use what you have and make it your own! That's what shelf cooking is all about, after all. 😉 Okay, let's finally get to the recipe!
YOUR NEW FAVORITE MUFFIN RECIPE
Easy Peach Muffin Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup applesauce
- ½ cup milk
- 3 cups diced peaches
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp butter, diced or shredded into small pieces
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line or grease your muffin pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the oil, eggs, sugar, and milk.
- Stir your wet mixture into your dry mixture.
- Add in peaches, but don't over mix! Instead, lightly fold your batter until they're fully combined.
- Fill each muffin cup halfway with batter, then set aside while you make the streusel topping.
- Mix the brown sugar, cinnamon, and flour in a bowl.
- Incorporate butter with a fork until it's a coarse texture.
- Sprinkle over top of each muffin.
- Place muffins in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once muffins are done, let cool in muffin pan for 10 minutes. Then, transfer to wire cooling rack to finish cooling the rest of the way.
And, voila! These peach muffins are literally the best and sooooo easy to make. After you make them once, you won't be able to stop!
Do you have a favorite peach recipe you like to make? If so, share below!
Want more shelf cooking goodness? Check out these posts!
- These maple syrup substitutes are here to save the day!
- These cheap and filling rice bowls are the perfect make-ahead meal!
- Check out your new favorite rustic bread recipe! It's so easy!
Have a peachy day!