You'll go nuts for this homemade peanut butter recipe! It's ready to eat in just five minutes. Not only is it ridiculously easy to make, but it's also so good you'll be eating it by the spoonful.
This homemade peanut butter is seriously so easy to make and uses only one single ingredient—peanuts! Yep, you read that right… ONE ingredient!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
All you need to make the best peanut butter you've ever had is a blender and a jar of peanuts. Really, that's it! Once you try this recipe, you'll never buy the store-bought version again, trust us!
WHY YOU SHOULD MAKE HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER
You may be asking yourself, “Why make homemade peanut butter?” Well, there are several reasons why we love this homemade peanut butter recipe. Here are a few!
- Save Money – As cheap as store-bought peanut butter is, homemade is even cheaper!! Wahoo!
- You Know What's In It – Peanut butter from the store is chock full of extra ingredients and fillers you don't need… one of those being sugar! With this homemade peanut butter recipe, you know exactly what goes into your peanut butter so you can feel guilt-free when you grab a spoonful!
- Teach the Kids – This recipe is so simple, it's a great way to teach young kids where our food comes from. Get them involved and let them learn!
- It Tastes Better – Plain and simple, this homemade peanut butter tastes AH-MA-ZING! Plus, things always seem to taste better when you make them yourself, right?
Are you convinced yet? Seriously, give it a try and you'll never look back!
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS RECIPE
Like we mentioned above, all you need to make this peanut butter recipe is a blender (or a food processor) and a jar of peanuts! Could it be any easier?!
You will need a high-quality blender or food processor in order to get the peanut butter to come together in all its silky, smooth glory. For this recipe, we use a Vitamix blender—it's totally a shelf cooker's best friend! Check out why we think a good quality blender is totally worth the investment!
Depending on how fresh your peanuts are, you may need to add a small amount of oil to your peanut butter. If you've blended for five minutes and it's still not smooth, add oil just a little at a time until it becomes smooth.
HOW TO STORE HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER
Once your peanut butter is made, simply pour it into a glass jar, like a mason jar, and pop it in the fridge. It has an incredible shelf-life and can be stored for up to three months! You know what that means, right? Make a big ol' batch, you peanut butter-loving friend!
PEANUT BUTTER RECIPE ADD-INS
While you only need peanuts for this recipe, you can also toss in a few additional ingredients to switch it up and make flavored peanut butter! Here are some add-ins we love.
- Maple syrup
- Chia seeds
- Vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder
- Chocolate chips
- Cayenne pepper
- Chili powder
- Crushed red pepper
- Coconut oil
These are just a few of the additional ingredients we love to toss into our homemade peanut butter recipe! Try a few and see what you love best!
Are you out of peanuts but still craving homemade nut butter? No problem! Use the nuts you have on hand for an alternative! Here are some we love:
- Macadamia nuts
Each nut will lend a different flavor, but they are all delicious! Add extra oil a little at a time until your nut butter comes together.
WHAT TO DO WITH HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER
This homemade peanut butter recipe is so good, you'll want to just eat it straight from the jar—and that's okay! Here are a few more fun and tasty things to do with it, too. 😉
- Energy Bites – Homemade peanut butter takes these no-bake energy bites to a whole other level.
- Peanut Butter Cookies – Combine one cup of sugar, one cup of peanut butter, and one egg. Drop spoonfuls of the mixture on a greased or lined baking sheet, then bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes.
- Fruit Dip – Use it as a healthy fruit dip for a boost of protein!
- PB Hummus – Blend up a can of chickpeas, one tablespoon olive oil, and a dollop of peanut butter to taste. Add in some chocolate chips to make it even sweeter!
- Peanut Butter Granola Bars – Try our yummy granola bar recipe with some homemade peanut butter thrown in! Mmm hmmm.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Toast – Try this kid's classic adult style for breakfast!
- Put it on Pancakes – Plop a spoonful on top of these delectable pancakes for a sweet breakfast treat!
There are so many ways to enjoy this peanut butter. The possibilities are literally endless!
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER
Okay, now that you're drooling over this incredible peanut butter, let's get on to the recipe already!
Homemade Peanut Butter
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts , ½ salted and ½ unsalted
- Oil, if you need more oil to bring the peanut butter together
- 1 pinch salt, if needed
- 1 tsp honey, if your peanut butter is too salty
- Drop your peanuts into a blender or food processor and process for 5 minutes.
- You will see your peanuts go from whole to crumbly before they finally become creamy and dreamy! Every blender or food processor is different so if your homemade peanut butter needs a few more minutes to come together, that's okay!
- Store in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to 3 months!
This recipe is literally so easy, you don't even have to measure anything! Toss in as many peanuts as you have and just grab whatever size jar you need to store it!
What's your favorite way to eat peanut butter? Tell us in the comments below!
Want more awesome tips and recipes? Check these out!
- Get some great tips on how to thaw anything.
- Looking for a great list of dinner ideas? Look no further!
- Here are 35 cooking hacks that will rock your world!
Now, go nuts, friend!