Craving Chick-fil-A on a Sunday? Trying to prep for the great 2021 sauce shortage? We've got ya covered with this easy copycat Chick-fil-A sauce recipe!
No offense to the chicken, but anyone who loves Chick-fil-A knows that their sauce is the best part! We won't lie, we love them all, but there's just something about their signature Chick-fil-A sauce.
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
We've wanted to crack the code for years, and lucky for you, one of our team members perfected the art of copycat Chick-fil-A sauce. And we don't use that term lightly. This stuff is perfection, you guys! Lucky for you, we're about to share the secrets.
WAYS TO USE CHICK-FIL-A SAUCE
If you thought Chick-fil-A sauce was only good on copycat Chick-fil-A chicken nuggets, we're about to blow your mind! We scoured TikTok, Pinterest, and did some taste-testing ourselves (tough gig, we know!) to find the best uses for this magical sauce. Without further ado, here are some of the coolest ways to use Chick-fil-A sauce, besides on chicken:
- On a Burger – Move over, ketchup! Chick-fil-A sauce tastes so much better on top of a fresh, juicy burger.
- Pizza – We won't lie to you, we were a little skeptical about this one, but folks on TikTok swear by this hack! The next time you get pizza, swap the ranch or marinara for Chick-fil-A sauce.
- Dip Your Fries or Tots – First of all, if you don't dip your waffle fries in Chick-fil-A sauce, you're doing it wrong! But guess what? That golden goodness tastes amazing on tots, too.
- Marinate Your Meat – Planning to grill out tonight? Marinate your meat in our copycat Chick-fil-A sauce, then thank us later.
- Breakfast Burritos – This sauce tastes ah-mazing on eggs! Try it on your breakfast burritos and prepare to fall in love.
- Fish Tacos – We're sure this sauce would taste amazing on any taco, but we can confirm that it takes fish tacos to the next level.
- Ham Sandwich – If you've got leftover ham, you can make the best sandwich of all time with a little assist from this sauce.
- Hot Dogs – Who needs plain old mustard where there's Chick-fil-A sauce available?
Bonus, Jonas! This sauce is great for dipping corn dogs, too!
HOW TO STORE YOUR SAUCE
Before we whip up a quick batch of this dip, let's get ready to store it! You don't want all that hard work going to waste, right?! Here's the first thing you need to know: homemade sauces don't have the shelf life of the packaged kind because they don't contain preservatives.
So, if you're not planning to eat all your sauce at once, be sure to refrigerate it in an airtight container and use it up within a week. Can you freeze it? We're afraid not! The kind folks on Reddit warned us to not even try it.
Want to triple or quadruple this recipe and save some for the week? You're our kind of people! Here are a few creative shortage ideas:
- Old Ketchup Bottle – Save these handy bottles! There are so many ways to upcycle them. And being able to squeeze out your sauce? Yes, please!
- Baby Food Jars – Empty baby food jars are the perfect size for dipping sauces!
- Reusable Baby Food Pouches – Speaking of baby food, those genius pouches make great sauce holders, too!
Now you're almost ready to start making that sauce. It's so close we can taste it! But first, let's quickly talk about some easy recipe modifications you can make.
HOW TO MODIFY THIS RECIPE IF YOU NEED TO
This is truly one of the easiest things you'll ever make. It's quick, straightforward, and you only need a few ingredients, but just in case, here are a couple of quick ways to modify this recipe:
- Ketchup Substitute – If you're out of ketchup, barbecue sauce works just as well in this recipe!
- Dijon Mustard Substitute – We like to use dijon because it adds a little heat to the sauce, but you can use regular yellow mustard if that's what you have on hand.
As for the lemon juice, you can use fresh or bottled! Whatever you have on hand works.
EASY COPYCAT CHICK-FIL-A SAUCE RECIPE
Has the suspense been killing you? Well, the wait is officially over. We're about to share our top-secret awesome-sauce recipe for Chick-fil-A sauce!
Copycat Chick-fil-A Sauce Recipe
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, stirring until well blended. We suggest whisking for 2-3 minutes to get a creamy consistency.
- Serve immediately and enjoy or refrigerate for later!
We're practically drooling over here! This sauce is so stinking good, you guys. And FYI–in case you missed it, you need to try our chicken nuggets recipe, too. Spoiler alert: pickle juice is the secret ingredient!
Now that you know how to make your own Chick-fil-A sauce, share the love! Friends don't let friends eat dry nuggets.
Is Chick-fil-A sauce your all-time fave, or are your more of a BBQ sauce kinda gal? Drop a comment below and let us know which dipping sauce is your favorite!
Looking for more awesome copycat recipes to try?
- Learn how to make Red Robin's campfire sauce!
- This copycat Cafe Rio sweet pork recipe is SO amazing.
- And speaking of Cafe Rio, you have to try this copycat cilantro lime rice, too!
We've gotta dip!