Don't let a missing ingredient get you down or ruin your meal. Pick an easy Bisquick substitute from our list or make your own with just a few pantry staples!
Halfway through a recipe only to realize your box of Bisquick is nowhere to be found? Ahh! What's a gal to do?! Wait—of course we know what to do. We are shelf cooking pros, right?
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Instead of panicking and sending your hubby out to the store to grab the missing ingredient, swap it out for something you have on hand, or simply make your own Bisquick substitute! Trust us, it's so easy!
WHAT IS BISQUICK?
We're betting if you clicked on this post, you probably know what Bisquick is. But juuuust in case, here's a quick rundown!
The original Bisquick is a pre-made baking mix, typically used for lots of things including pancakes, waffles, biscuits, and muffins. It's a quick way to whip together a great breakfast without much effort. Winning!
CREATIVE WAYS TO USE BISQUICK
While Bisquick is still a great shortcut for those breakfast foods, there are so many other creative ways you can use this baking mix! Here are some of our favorite recipes we use it in!
- Peach Cobbler – Try it in place of the self-rising flour in this incredible peach cobbler recipe!
- Chicken Pot Pie – This chicken pot pie is so YUM and super easy to make.
- Buttermilk Biscuits – Replace the flour and oil in this easy buttermilk biscuit recipe to make it even simpler!
- Donuts – Try it in this drool-worthy homemade donut recipe. Mhmmm.
- Cheeseburger Pie – This Betty Crocker cheeseburger pie recipe is a deliciously filling way to use up that Bisquick!
Are you ready to take that Bisquick box for a spin yet? Yeah, we thought so…
CHOOSE AN EASY BISQUICK SUBSTITUTE USING WHAT YOU HAVE
Not wanting to make your own baking mix? Try one of these easy Bisquick substitutes instead!
- Pancake Mix – Pancake mix is a lot like Bisquick, but it may yield a slightly sweeter result due to its sugar content.
- Jiffy Baking Mix – Use Jiffy baking mix in place of Bisquick and get delicious results!
- Krusteaz Baking Mix – Just like Jiffy, Krusteaz baking mix can be swapped in place of Bisquick with no issues.
Forget running out to the store for that missing box of Bisquick. These easy replacements are here to save the day!
EASY BISQUICK SUBSTITUTE RECIPE
Okay, now that you know what Bisquick is and how to use it, let's get on to the recipe so you can make your own and save some major dough!
Homemade Bisquick Recipe
- 1 cup flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Combine all ingredients and use in place of Bisquick!
See? It's so easy! Once you make this easy Bisquick substitute recipe once, you'll never go back to the pricier store-bought version again!
What is your favorite way to use Bisquick or a Bisquick substitute? Share with us in the comments below!
Want more great kitchen hacks and substitutions?
- Every cook needs to know these 30+ recipe substitutions!
- Here's all you'll need to know about baking powder substitutes.
- These baking soda subs will save your day when you run out!
Donut waste time… Try this Bisuick substitute recipe today!