A rice bowl is such a delicious and filling way to stretch your meat and feed the whole family. Today, we're taking a little trip to Japan and bringing you our favorite teriyaki chicken bowl! You'll have a quick and easy meal in no time.
We're always looking for fun and different ways to take common kitchen staples and turn them into something amazing. This teriyaki chicken bowl will not disappoint! A rice bowl is a perfect way to feed the whole family without having to spend a lot of money, especially when you add some chicken and broccoli in.
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
This Japanese-inspired dish is restaurant quality, but the price difference will blow your mind! You can also have it on the table in about 30 minutes and it's super versatile. Your family will be begging to have this for lunch and dinner, so we have a few tips for how to make that happen, too!
SHELF COOK YOUR WAY THROUGH THIS RECIPE
It only takes a few ingredients and you'll be on your way to one of your favorite rice bowls. If you don't have everything the recipe calls for, no worries! You can easily substitute most of the ingredients and it will still taste amazingly good. A wok will REALLY help when cooking this, but if you don't have one, a large sauté pan will also work.
- Chicken – Use any cut of chicken as long as it's off the bone! White and dark meat will both work. You can also use leftover chicken! Just make the sauce and add the cooked chicken to it, no marinating needed.
- Teriyaki Sauce – This is your marinade and what creates that delicious teriyaki flavor! You can either whip up your own or use the bottled kind, either will work great.
- Rice – White rice is the most common (and cheapest) way to make this recipe extra filling. You can also use brown rice or any rice alternative that you have.
- Veggies – Broccoli is our go-to vegetable for this teriyaki chicken bowl, but you can also add in sweet peas, shredded carrots, green onions, or anything else you have and need to use up!
Four main ingredients and just a little bit of cook time? Yes, please!
If you love the teriyaki chicken bowl from your favorite restaurant, then you're going to love how delicious, easy, and cheap this recipe is. It's a great meal for lunch or dinner and makes meal prepping a breeze since you can easily make extra to reheat later in the week!
Teriyaki Chicken Bowl Recipe
- 1 ¼ cup Teriyaki Sauce, divided
- 1 lb Boneless, Skinless Chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Orange Juice
- Cooked Rice
- Steamed Broccoli
- Sesame Seeds, optional
- Add ¼ cup teriyaki sauce and chicken to a bowl and toss to combine.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken to the pan in batches (if needed) so pan isn't overcrowded.
- Cook until golden on all sides and cooked all the way through, about 4-5 minutes. Once done, remove from the pan.
- Add orange juice to the pan and cook for a few minutes, scraping the bottom of the pan.
- Return chicken to the pan and add 1 cup teriyaki.
- Bring to a boil and then remove from heat.
- Add rice and broccoli to a bowl, then top with chicken and sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
This is a recipe that the whole family will love! Double or triple the recipe to feed a large crowd or make your own freezer meals with the leftovers. Throw the rice, broccoli, and chicken into a freezer container and voila! An easy meal when you're short on time.
Let us know how much you love it in the comments! 🙂
Looking for more ideas?