Do you ever have trouble using up all the fresh fruit in your fridge? Us, too! Don’t let it go to waste. Try this super simple popsicle recipe that’s picky-eater approved and tastes like vacation.
We try to keep healthy snacks like fresh fruit on hand for our kids to grab on the go. But as we all know, fresh fruit goes bad so dang quickly!
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
While there are tons of ways to use up fruit, from muffins to fruit salad and cookies, we think popsicles are just so much fun! You can even let the kids help you whip up these treats.
Are you ready for the super simple, oh so tasty popsicle recipe that your whole family is going to love? Keep reading!
WHY YOU'LL WANT TO MAKE THIS EASY POPSICLE RECIPE AGAIN & AGAIN
Do you know anyone who doesn't like popsicles? They're a hit with our family and friends, and they're SO versatile!
Whipping up a batch of popsicles isn't only a great way to keep your fresh fruit from going to waste, but a fun and affordable way to feed a crowd. Here are just a few of our favorite ways to use homemade popsicles.
- Pack popsicles in a cooler to take to the pool! Your kids won't be tempted by the pricey concession stand snacks when you have these at the ready.
- Take them on a family picnic.
- Bring them to a neighborhood cookout.
- Serve them as dessert at your next potluck.
- Have them on hand as a dairy-free treat at your next ice cream social.
We could go on and on, but you get the idea! So, are you ready to learn how to make the best fresh fruit popsicles?!
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE FRESH FRUIT POPSICLES
The awesome thing about homemade popsicles is that they don't require a ton of ingredients, time, or supplies. You can pretty much use anything you have on hand. Blueberries, strawberries, yogurt, you name it!
Have picky eaters? You can even sneak in some veggies.
Before you get started, make sure you have a popsicle mold. Any kind, shape, or size will do. There are tons of options on Amazon!
Other than the ingredients of your choice, the only other thing you'll really need is a blender.
While the recipe we're about to share is one of our absolute faves, don't be afraid to experiment! When it comes to popsicles, the more creative, the better. Try different colors, shapes, and textures. It's pretty hard to make a bad popsicle!
Pro Tip: Don't have popsicle molds on hand? Paper cups and popsicle sticks work in a pinch! Use cling wrap to keep them sealed.
OTHER FRESH FRUITS AND INGREDIENTS YOU CAN USE
Like we said earlier, the sky is the limit with popsicles, but here's a handy list of other ingredients that are perfect for including in popsicles:
- Fruit juice
- Almond or coconut milk
- Blueberries, blackberries, or raspberries
- Vanilla extract
- Sweet Potato
Speaking of that last ingredient avocado, did you know you can freeze them? Yup! We've got the step-by-step instructions you need to freeze avocados like a pro. Sliced, or diced, they make the perfect addition to homemade popsicles. Try mixing them in with some kiwi or lime for a sweet green treat!
YOUR NEW FAVE POPSICLE RECIPE
Get ready for a crazy-delicious popsicle treat!
Tropical Popsicle Recipe
- Popsicle mold
- 10 strawberries
- 12 oz orange juice
- 8 oz crushed pineapple, canned or fresh–use the juice, too
- 1 splash lime juice
- Slice strawberries into quarters, then add to blender.
- If using fresh pineapple, crush, then add to blender. If using canned, pour contents into blender.
- Pour orange juice into blender.
- Add a splash of lime juice, then pulse ingredients until smooth.
- Evenly divide the mixture between ten molds, then store in the freezer for 8 hours. Enjoy!
And there you have it! A taste of the tropics and snacks for the whole crew, all for less than the price of a bottle of sunscreen. Store these in the freezer and enjoy them for up to three months. We dare you to keep them in there that long.
HOW TO REPURPOSE FRUIT POPSICLES
Ya'll know we love to get thrifty and crafty around here, so we couldn't leave you without sharing a few clever ways to repurpose your popsicles! If you've got leftovers nearing their expiration in the freezer, try one of these ideas.
- Slushies – You can skip the convenience store and make your own slushies at home! Toss one in the blender with a bit of water (start with half a cup), then pulse away until you've got a slushy concoction. Your kids will think these are so cool!
- Smoothies – Remove your popsicles from the stick and then thrown in a blender with your favorite juices, veggies, and yogurt. Blend until you reach your desired consistency, then enjoy! For more inspiration, check out this smoothie freezer pack post.
- Ice Cubes – Do you ever have trouble getting your kids to drink enough water? Turn your popsicles into ice cubes for a fun treat and nice little burst of flavor! When you're making your popsicles, you can save some leftover liquid to add to an ice cube tray. If you want to reuse popsicles you already have in the freezer, break out a good knife, and slice into cubes. Just be careful!
We hope you love this easy popsicle recipe that you can change up to use whatever you have! What's your favorite popsicle flavor? Let us know in the comments!
Looking for other creative ways to use up your fresh fruit?
- You'll love this roundup of summer dinner & dessert ideas, including colorful, fruit-filled dishes.
- Ice cream lover? You'll go crazy for this creamy, dreamy homemade ice cream recipe!
- These DIY Lunchables are a huge hit with the kids and so stinking easy to throw together!