Not in the mood to heat up the house tonight? (Or you can't because your stove is out of commission?) Don't order pricy takeout food! We’ve pulled together a few of our favorite no-cook dinners that your whole family will love.
No stove? No problem! You don't have to turn up the heat to whip up a delicious, filling meal. We're sharing tons of easy, no-cook dinner ideas to suit even the most discerning tastebuds.
*Note: When you click the links in this post, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
You can stop scrolling through Pinterest for hours, because we've done all the brainstorming for you. The hard part? Deciding which of these yummy, easy, no-cook dinners to prepare first! Leave us a comment and let us know what you decide.
EASY NO COOK WRAPS
With these simple, tasty wraps, you'll be wishing for the next no-cook dinner night. Pizza in a wrap? Yes, please!
- Chicken Pitas – You can use canned chicken or leftover rotisserie chicken. Add your favorite toppings to customize for your tastes. Craving Mediterranean? Top with olives, feta cheese, cucumbers, and onions. Easy peasy! And so many possible combinations.
- Shrimp and Avocado Lettuce Wraps – Can you ever go wrong with shrimp and avocado? This one is perfect for a summer cookout, but tasty enough to enjoy year-round. We love this shrimp and lettuce wrap recipe from MunchkinTime!
- Pizza Lettuce Wraps – This healthier take on pizza is almost as good as the real thing! Plus, it couldn't be easier to whip together. Add your favorite toppings or use up ingredients you have left in the fridge. These pizza wraps from Eating Well are guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser!
- Chef Salad Wrap – Maybe you have some leftover lettuce, a pack of tortillas to use up, and a big batch of hard-boiled eggs ready to go. Toss in some meat and cheese and you've got yourself a tasty chef salad wrap! These are super filling and a great way to use what you've got.
Pro Tip: The next time you head to Costco or Sam's Club, pick up a rotisserie chicken. At less than $5 for three pounds of meat, they're a steal, and they really come in handy on those nights when you don't have time to cook! TCheck out even more tips to make the most of your next Costco run!
Sandwiches are the quintessential lunch fare, but you can take your ordinary sandwich up a notch to prepare a hearty dinner, too. Let us know which of these is your favorite!
- Chicken Salad Sandwiches – You can use canned chicken or leftover rotisserie to whip up a quick batch up chicken salad. Again, use what you have. Toss in grapes, celery, or hard-boiled eggs, depending on your preference. Here's a chicken salad recipe from Kristine's Kitchen Blog that we love.
- Cobb Salad Sub – Cobb salads are a classic, but this sub recipe really takes it up a notch! If you're short on bread, this one easily converts to a wrap, too.
- Crab Salad Rolls – Lobster rolls are awesome, but they are so dang expensive. Especially if you have a whole family to feed. Crab salad is almost as good, and you can whip up a quick batch using the canned stuff. This crab salad recipe is so simple!
- Easy BLTs – This sandwich staple needs no recipe, but we do have a quick tip to make prep even easier! Use the pre-cooked bacon that warms up in seconds in the microwave.
- Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches – Have your own wing night without the messy fingers! Again, you can use rotisserie chicken if you have it on hand, or canned chicken if you're traveling and need to prepare a meal with minimal tools. (Camping, anyone?) Check out this buffalo chicken sandwich and try not to drool. Serve with carrots and celery and ranch on the side, and you've got yourself a meal!
No-cook dinners like sandwiches also make for great road trip food! Pack up a cooler and wrap your sandwiches in plastic to keep them from getting soggy. There's no need to drive through a window when you can bring one of these meals on the road.
A fresh salad makes the perfect meal for a hot summer night, but you can enjoy these delicious salads year-round. With fall around the corner, feel free to add in pumpkin seeds, squash, or whatever you have on hand.
- Salad in a Jar – These are so dang fun to make! You can just toss what you have on hand into a cute little mason jar, and boom! Dinner is served. These make great on the run meals, too. Check out our ideas for the best mason jar salads.
- Ramen Noodle Salad – Kids love this one! The crunch from the noodles gives this salad a nice texture. Snag the recipe from Table for Two here. We recommend tossing in some chicken or protein to make it a meal.
- Broccoli Salad – Cookie + Kate has a great broccoli salad recipe that's healthy, easy, and delicious. Score!
Looking for the perfect way to round out your meal? Make-ahead a batch of this DELICIOUS and oh so easy rustic bread to serve on the side and make your no-cook salad dinner more filling.
CREATIVE & EASY NO COOK DINNERS
Who says no-cook meals have to be boring?! Not us! You will love these creative options. And we've got ideas to suit every palate and dietary need.
NO COOK DINNERS FOR SEAFOOD LOVERS:
- Ceviche – Here's another healthy, colorful way to use up cooked shrimp. Served cold, ceviche is actually better. Dice your shrimp and toss with lemon or lime juice and add in some fresh veggies or avocado. Check out this simple recipe from The Kitchn.
- Smoked Salmon Flatbread – We're drooling over this recipe from Three Many Cooks! Creamy, dreamy, healthy, and easy is a win in our book!
- Poke Bowls – Here's another great chance to use up what you have on hand! Avocado, crab, shrimp, fresh fruit, etc. Fill these to your heart's desire. You don't even need a microwave for this one. All you need is a bowl!
- Tuna Salad Stuffed Avocados – Need to use up some avocados before they go bad? Slice them in half, remove the pit, and then fill each hat with tuna salad. So delicious! So much fun. And SO easy!
VEGETARIAN-FRIENDLY NO COOK DINNERS
- Build-Your-Own Bruschetta – If you have tomato, cheese, and a little balsamic on hand, you can whip up a pretty awesome batch of bruschetta. Gather up any of your favorite toppings, some toast, and get ready to experiment. We love fig and ricotta. Pimento cheese and leftover pulled pork make a great combo, too!
- No-Cook Nachos – If you've got some beans, some cheese, and some sour cream and guacamole, throw it all on top of a nice pile of tortilla chips. Boom! You've got a meal that sure to please.
NO COOK DINNERS FOR MEAT & CHEESE LOVERS
- No-Cook Kabobs – These are a family favorite around here! You can cut up sandwiches into small pieces and spear them on the kabob, or you can use fruit, cheese, and lunch meat. The creative presentation makes ordinary food feel so much more exciting!
- Charcuterie Board – Who says a charcuterie board only works as an appetizer? You can make this into a hearty no-cook meal that's sure to fill you up. Include your favorite deli meats and cheeses, or include some smoked salmon if you have it. For an extra dose of protein, serve with deviled eggs.
- No-Cook Burrito Bowls – You know we love burrito bowls around here! Check out this no-cook version on Pinterest that takes less than ten minutes to prepare.
Pro Tip: If you're including sliced apples in your fruit kabobs, spray with a little lemon juice to keep them from browning. That trick works for avocados, too.
And there you have it! Dozens of ways to feed the family without turning up the heat. Let us know what you're making first!
Looking for the perfect dessert to complete your meal? We can help with that!
- Give this easy fruit salad a try. It’s delicious and refreshing!
- These summer meal ideas include the sides and dessert!
- You've gotta try this easy peach cobbler. You guys! SO yummy.
Chow for now!